You can tell Spielman had nothing to do with this deal | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You can tell Spielman had nothing to do with this deal

DOLFANMIKE said:
Praising the Surtain deal but knocking RS all in the same swipe. That's the point. You make the assessment that RS "Couldn't have anything to do with the deal" but you really don't know that...right?

Good to see you are coming around.

Good Thing Saban is around to handle all the great fans of Miami. We're a bigger problem than Spielman.

Spielman made so many errors last year. He could have traded O-Gun before last years draft and got us something maybe more valuable than Marty Booker but did. The laundry list of BAD trades/FA signings I listed above.

Spielman sucks. Sorry if that is a negative statement, but its a fact. RS couldn't have had anything to do with this trade because it goes agaisnt his track record which I have listed which is all bad moves.

And injuries isn't an excuse to make a bad front office move. Im sorry.

MDFINFAN said:
It is waaaayyyyy toooooo soon to call these bad trades or moves, they might be the nucleus of our team for years to come..you have nothing to base that on at this point...

Unless your definition of a successful season is a Super Bowl every year and all your rookies making the pro bowl.

Coach, your wasting your virtual breath trying to ask some of these guys to use rational analysis. All they see is 4-12, nevermind the unprecedented and wholly unanticipated retirement of a league leading rusher a week before TC opens, all the injuries, the absolute NEED to rebuild an OL and get best QB upgrade you could, the departure of Norv Turner at the Senior Bowl (after OCs were GONE), Collier's nervous breakdown, and a rookie OC in Forrester. Spielman is to blame because he's associated with Wanny. That's the mentality of this lot. Thank God they aren't burdened with making decisions that affect others' lives beyond "which rag should I use to wax this fender?".

DOLFANMIKE said:
Backseat Driving.

Your point was we sucked, even when we had Ricky. My point was we didnt suck with Ricky and that injuries / defections put us in suck mode at 4-12.

Of course its backseat driving. THAT IS WHY THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD. So a bunch of backseat drivers can give an opinon! :shakeno: :shakeno:

yankeehillbilly said:
We were 4-12. Deal with it. Blaming injuries for that bad a record is like blaming the refs.... it probably contributed to the failure, but if we were a better team we would have found a way to overcome it. At least enough to post a .500 record or so.

The PRIMARY reason we had a losing season is that we were a poorly coached, undisciplined team with major holes in several key positions (QB, RB). The injuries were only a contributing factor.

I think he was dealing with it, and stated some of the reasons, one is most oblvious and that's we lack depth..I think speilman was planning to address that, but only had a year..so hopefully he can show Saban what he had plan and now with Saban's style, change type of players to go with the new coaches and I think Speilman can do that.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Unless your definition of a successful season is a Super Bowl every year and all your rookies making the pro bowl.

1) 4-12 isn't successful on any level
2) When you trade a 4th round pick to move up 1 spot to take an OT, then that OT can't even play on the worst o-line in the NFL last year, its a bad draft pick! Sorry.

MikeO said:
Spielman sucks. Sorry if that is a negative statement, but its a fact. RS couldn't have had anything to do with this trade because it goes agaisnt his track record which I have listed which is all bad moves.

All speculation. Maybe Rick's getting better under Saban. Maybe Rick didn't have anything to do with the trade. Maybe Rick is gone after this weekend. It's all speculation. That's how it should be presented. You don't knock a guy for everything you see that you think is wrong and not give him credit for what he does right.

i'm no RS fan in terms of thinking anything special about him, but he's not the root of all of Miami's problems.

MDFINFAN said:
I think he was dealing with, and stated some of the reasons, one is most obivious and that's we lack depth..I think speilman was planning to address that, but only had a year...

As GM dealing with DEPTH is pretty much his only job. Planning to address it? What else was he doing? His job is to put the team together!

MikeO said:
1) 4-12 isn't successful on any level
2) When you trade a 4th round pick to move up 1 spot to take an OT, then that OT can't even play on the worst o-line in the NFL last year, its a bad draft pick! Sorry.
Are you aware of how few players start as Rookies in this league Mike. That's really not a fair assessment on Carey. Like all first rounders, he may or may not end up being a player.

BlueFin said:
Not to mention that god awful AJ Feeley trade.........#2, #34,#46 and two high thirds, it would have been five picks in the first 70......good job Rick.

Actually, without Feeley, we probably would have had all of San Francisco's picks instead of ours because we wouldn't have won 4 games with Fiedler.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Maybe Rick's getting better under Saban.

What are we, on the job training? Getting better? We don't have time to hold someones hand and walk them through their job. This is big business.

MikeO said:
Every trade Spielman made failed. This trade is too good on paper and in reality so we know he had nothing to do with it!

Just image if that god awful Lamar Gordon for a 3rd rounder didn't take place! We could be sitting real pretty right now! A 1st, a 2nd, and two 3rds!
Your posts always hit a nerve with me.....am i the only one?

MikeO said:
What are we, on the job training? Getting better? We don't have time to hold someones hand and walk them through their job. This is big business.
Well, based on Saban decision to keep RS around, I'd say you are at odds with Nick Saban on that one. That was absolutely his and Wayne's call. Fortunately for us as uninformed fans, we can trust that Nick knows a whole lot more about the situation than you or I do. If Nick fires RS before, during or after the draft I support him. He's a good man. RS is a good man too. Doesn't mean I support every decision that he makes, but nonetheless I respect the fact that he's a good man and knows more about personel than anyone on this message board.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Are you aware of how few players start as Rookies in this league Mike. That's really not a fair assessment on Carey. Like all first rounders, he may or may not end up being a player.

Look at our o-line last year. It was awful! Your telling me he couldn't start or even sniff the field? What, Taylor Whitley is so scary talented that everyone must take a back-seat to him? John St.Clair is so good that Vernon couldn't get playing time off of him?

Im not saying Vernon should have started from Week 1 on. Although letting him take his lumps on a bad team would have helped us now. But, by December Vernon should have cracked the starting lineup someplace. Hell, he damn near tried out at every position on the line last year and he stunk at all of them.

MikeO said:
Of course its backseat driving. THAT IS WHY THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD. So a bunch of backseat drivers can give an opinon! :shakeno: :shakeno:

No, it's call give an opinion, but be reasonable and more forthcoming with good info to back the opinion. People saying Gordan, Edwards and others are bad trades or moves when the players didn't really get a chance to showcase themselves is rather lacking... In the next year or so we're know if they were bad moves, but the new player has to learn the system and adjust his first year, some do it immediately, some take 2 years. That's why we give draft picks 3 years before assessing them.

Back
Top Bottom