You can tell Spielman had nothing to do with this deal | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You can tell Spielman had nothing to do with this deal

MikeO said:
We could have got more for Walle PRIOR to the draft but we held onto him and got less for him in return.

And we got 1 pick from Chicago for Wally and we sent that (or our 3rd actually) to St.Louis for Gordon! We didn't "collect picks" from Chicago as you say. We got 1 thrid round pick, and we then turned around and traded a 3rd round pick

And we SHOULD have overpaid for Woody or Tait. Look at our o-line. It was (and still is) awful.

What I'm saying is without that move we wouldn't have had a 2nd or 3rd pick. And I think Spielman was anticipating trading Pat to get more picks this year. I really think Spielman was going to use the D to help the O. i.e Poole and Edwards, knowing he'd deal Pat. Used Whalle to get a 3rd before trading to get a RB, which we needed last year. We should not have overpaid for Woody and Tait or we'd be in worst shape cap wise this year. Speilman played it correctly.

MDFINFAN said:
What I'm saying is without that move we wouldn't have had a 2nd or 3rd pick. And I think Spielman was anticipating trading Pat to get more picks this year. I really think Spielman was going to use the D to help the O. i.e Poole and Edwards, knowing he'd deal Pat. Used Whalle to get a 3rd before trading to get a RB, which we needed last year. We should not have overpaid for Woody and Tait or we'd be in worst shape cap wise this year. Speilman played it correctly.

He had nothing to do with the Edwards signing. Spielman has no control anymore. Saban made that signing.

MikeO said:
Every trade Spielman made failed. This trade is too good on paper and in reality so we know he had nothing to do with it!

Just image if that god awful Lamar Gordon for a 3rd rounder didn't take place! We could be sitting real pretty right now! A 1st, a 2nd, and two 3rds!

:lol: haha!!!!:roflmao: I know THATS TRUE!!^^^:rawk:

MikeO said:
But its not their fault. Don't be negative. 4-12 isn't really that bad!
That Right Mike. It may or may not be "thier fault". We'll never know for sure because we don't know the facts of the situation. What we do know is that we liked Carey at our selection and our primary rival may or may not have been showing interest in him. Perhaps the staff felt the drop off between Carey and the next guy was too great? Who knows?

No sense in FINGER POINTING without knowing the details.

MikeO said:
He had nothing to do with the Edwards signing. Spielman has no control anymore. Saban made that signing.

Howard from last year is who I'm talking about..sorry for the misunderstanding. And I'm not sure he didn't have anything to do with not getting Edwards this year, you have no way of knowing that. He's the talent and scout evaluator who brings Saban recommendations, Saban has the right to say yes or no. Saban doesn't have time to scout all these players, you guys need to understand that. Speilman, I guarantee is playing GM right now and selling himself to Saban, since Saban has final say.

DOLFANMIKE said:
That Right Mike. It may or may not be "thier fault". We'll never know for sure because we don't know the facts of the situation. What we do know is that we liked Carey at our selection and our primary rival may or may not have been showing interest in him. Perhaps the staff felt the drop off between Carey and the next guy was too great? Who knows?

No sense in FINGER POINTING without knowing the details.

Nobody should be held accountable. I wish you were by boss!

BringBackShula said:
:lol: haha!!!!:roflmao: I know THATS TRUE!!^^^:rawk:

Another opinion without merit and no substance to back it up.. :shakeno:

MDFINFAN said:
Speilman, I guarantee is playing GM right now and selling himself to Saban, since Saban has final say.

I will guarntee you THAT isn't happening! Saban isn't letting ANYONE play GM!

MDFINFAN said:
Another opinion without merit and no substance to back it up.. :shakeno:
Such as yours. Everyone who posts on these boards is posting an opinion.

MikeO said:
Well a bunch of "Spielman-lovers' around here are gonna defend all of his moves. Go figure!
I hope you don't think I'm a RS "lover" based on today's discussion. I'm more of a negative know- it- all- Finger pointer hater than a RS lover..

I think a man has a responsibility to know what he's talking about based on facts, not speculation. Especially when that man is tearing down people in my favorite organization in the process.

MDFINFAN said:
You'd welcome ignorance.. :roflmao:

Now you take to to personal attacks. Sorry, I won't sink to your level.

MikeO said:
Such as yours. Everyone who posts on these boards is posting an opinion.

I think I give a little more explanation behind my opinions than that's a bad trade, without any proof.

MDFINFAN said:
I think I give a little more explanation behind my opinions than that's a bad trade, without any proof.

the proof is he didn't play or produce. It's in the numbers!

Back
Top Bottom