You guys understand we are still a year away right? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

And you sound like a Rams homer thinking they’d beat us 99 times out of 100

Do you actually remember the Rams game?

Doesn’t seem you do...

Got blanked in the 2nd half.

Zero points.

Rams scored the last 10 points unanswered.

21 straight points were scored in a 7 minute span in the 2nd quarter off of fumbles and punt returns.

That’s flukey.

After that, it was 10-0 Rams the rest of the way.

Doesn’t seem you do...

Zero points.

21 straight points were scored in a 7 minute span in the 2nd quarter off of fumbles and punt returns.

That’s flukey.

Yeah we also completely shifted our game plan dude we didn’t blitz at all we stayed in soft zones to not give up quick scores. It was Tuas first game and Gailey really eased him in with a conservative game plan playing with a big lead.

Doesn’t seem you do...

Zero points.

That’s flukey.

If you didn't know that strategies change based on circumstance, then having a conversation with you about football is pointless until you learn the basics. Nothing works that way, and imagine lurking for 4 years to show up and say the defense getting turnovers is fluky in another game where we had a turnover that forced a short field and a turnover that saved a touchdown.

THAT'S the hill you want to die on.

Winning 5,6, 7 in a row in the NFL isn't sustainable,period. One maybe two teams win 13 or 14 games a year. People need to stop overreacting about this loss.

How many losses do the Packers have with Aaron Rodgers this year? Do they suck?
We were due for stinker, Bucs got destroyed a few weeks back, it happens

On offense, their improved o-line still can't block and they can't run the ball. Going from Fitz to Tua has neutered the passing game. Their "Top Defense" can't stop the run, can't defend against short passes, and there are way too many missed tackles. For every big play they make, they look inept on twenty other plays. It's amazing that they won 5 in a row when you look at the stats and see how they've been outplayed in nearly every game.

IMO, they're not a year away; they're at least two years and a new QB away!

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.
I would argue maybe Two years. Could absolutely take a step back next year playing a 2nd or 1st place schedule vs the last place schedule.

team has holes and I don’t think one offseason can address them all. Might get a lot of them but not all of them.

Yeah we also completely shifted our game plan dude we didn’t blitz at all we stayed in soft zones to not give up quick scores. It was Tuas first game and Gailey really eased him in with a conservative game plan playing with a big lead.
Eased him in by literally never scoring again? lol
If you didn't know that strategies change based on circumstance, then having a conversation with you about football is pointless until you learn the basics. Nothing works that way, and imagine lurking for 4 years to show up and say the defense getting turnovers is fluky in another game where we had a turnover that forced a short field and a turnover that saved a touchdown.

THAT'S the hill you want to die on.

the strategy was to never score again?

To get ouscored 10-0?

uh huh

Eased him in by literally never scoring again? lol

the strategy was to never score again?

To get ouscored 10-0?

uh huh
Did they win or lose?

I said what I said. Not going to try and explain anything else to you.

Just baffles me how bipolar Dolphins fans can be at times.

Ready to anoint one week, and ready to bury the next week. Yes, this is life in the sports lens, but a little perspective please.

Many great quarterbacks have started slow in their careers. Just look at Drew Brees, Steve Young, how many interceptions Peyton Manning threw in his first year, even the average numbers for Tom Brady.

This doesn't mean that Tus is going to develop into a Hall of Fame quarterback, but how can we judge someone so concretely after four games? That's an absolute joke.

The line is a work in progress, which definitely needs an infusion of talent next year along with more experience for our young fellas.

We have no running game to speak of whatsoever. AND outside of Devante Parker, are you kidding me right now? Collins, Perry, and Grant? That's a glorified practice squad at best.

Guarantee this tune will be changed in the next 12 to 24 months with an above average running back in place, a good young receiver, and more development on our o-line.

Chill the F out!!!

You cannot accurately judge a QB until 20 starts. However to me it is still and always will be a baffling decision to bench him late in the game within a score after leading you down to get the FG to make it a one score game.

You cannot accurately judge a QB until 20 starts. However to me it is still and always will be a baffling decision to bench him late in the game within a score after leading you down to get the FG to make it a one score game.
I take it you didn't watch the game. We weren't within a score when he was pulled.

Not questioning your overall point but Fitz came in and drove for the FG that pulled us to 20-13.

Back
Top Bottom