You guys understand we are still a year away right? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

There's a difference between 2-3 plays and most of the game. At the risk of getting flamed, his performance was 'a little below average. ' He just doesn't look comfortable yet
Dang. Some mighty low expectations IMO. But of course such exercises are purely subjective.

...you don't think his game regressed this past weekend?

It did, but he yet again threw a TD in the REDZONE, which tells me his problem was not skill or execution, but mental.

The Broncos threw everything at him, and I think he was thinking too much and being overly cautious not to make a huge mistake.

There is little you can do with skill, if it's missing, there is a pretty good amount of things you can do with execution problems, though it takes time and a lot of work.

If it's mental, it could be the easiest to fix, work, and experience...Or the hardest if the player is shellshocked, a slow learner, or has an attitude problem. Tua has proven to be tough, has proven to learn quick, and be able as a rookie to read the field quick, and is far from a rebel "I am going to do things my way type player".

The Broncos even with Von Miller out, is a very good defense, and them sending extreme pressure to a Rookie will make the Rookie nervous, where he either is not as quick to make decisions, or start making bad decisions.

Tua will get past this, he got the right people to help him, and has the talent to achieve success with work and experience.

It did, but he yet again threw a TD in the REDZONE, which tells me his problem was not skill or execution, but mental.

The Broncos threw everything at him, and I think he was thinking too much and being overly cautious not to make a huge mistake.

There is little you can do with skill, if it's missing, there is a pretty good amount of things you can do with execution problems, though it takes time and a lot of work.

If it's mental, it could be the easiest to fix, work, and experience...Or the hardest if the player is shellshocked, a slow learner, or has an attitude problem. Tua has proven to be tough, has proven to learn quick, and be able as a rookie to read the field quick, and is far from a rebel "I am going to do things my way type player".

The Broncos even with Von Miller out, is a very good defense, and them sending extreme pressure to a Rookie will make the Rookie nervous, where he either is not as quick to make decisions, or start making bad decisions.

Tua will get past this, he got the right people to help him, and has the talent to achieve success with work and experience.
Appreciate your post bro. And I hope your conclusion is right. I 1000% do!

But man --------- the red flags this past game were huge and fundamental.

That's what concerns me. So we hope a one game "anomaly" due to rookie rattle.

Bottom line. There's a LOT of work to be done.

It seemed to me he became too cautious after the dropped INT. He learned a lesson from it, but, IMO, overreacted. That, and he just seemed out of sync. Worst accuracy of all is games. I agree . . . it's fixable and I still think he'll be the starter for a long time unless he goes into the Tannehill shell. And I blame the OL as much as TT.

Solomon kindley is the current poster child for this
Man needs to reduce body fat by about 30% and stay in the weight room.

All that extra flab can't be helping his feet!

And is it me or has the kid seemingly packed on more belly as the season progresses?

The good news is he can definitely get better just by proper nutrition, weight management and strength.

I hope so at least...

...you don't think his game regressed this past weekend?
I think he wasn't prepared for the defense he saw against the Broncos. Weather it was coaching, talent, or Tua or all 3, I'm not sure. I'm curious to see how this team will rebound. I also don't think its just Tua that struggled, the OL and DL was god awful. This offense is dependent on running the football and play action for big plays. We can't run block or pass block. Also I wonder if people forget, Tua was out of football for a year. He will be rusty and his timing will be off. You see glimpses of greatness, like in the Arizona game. HE NEEDS TIME. Expecting him to come out throwing for 350 yds and 4 TDs won't happen this soon. This offense doesn't have the talent on its roster yet. He isn't seeing the field yet....but he will.

Appreciate your post bro. And I hope your conclusion is right. I 1000% do!

But man --------- the red flags this past game were huge and fundamental.

That's what concerns me. So we hope a one game "anomaly" due to rookie rattle.

Bottom line. There's a LOT of work to be done.

Well, it's my opinion, so I could be wrong, but when he's been in the REDZONE, he's been almost flawless.

He moves better, he's been blitzed more then once, he's gone against very good DB, yet he seems to find the receiver in very cramped situations with little issue.

There are six games to go, of the 6, four will be against good or well coached teams fighting for a playoff spot...Tua will have more then enough time to sink or swim, before the staff actually might have to consider whether to bring competition or not.

I agree, however when we make these kind of threads that the family will read first thing in the morning, we may want to think how we bring our idea across. May of us haven't enjoyed this kind of happiness with the team for a long time. We just want to enjoy the teams current success for as long as we can. As a family we understand we will be reloading the team with talent again this off season. :ffic:
Your comment changes nothing.
The original post wasn’t breaking any site rules. Most may not agree but it’s the posters right to post within the rules. Again anyone that dosent like or agree can just simply move on and not comment

Your comment changes nothing.
The original post wasn’t breaking any site rules. Most may not agree but it’s the posters right to post within the rules. Again anyone that dosent like or agree can just simply move on and not comment
I stated my opinion and I got yours. I never said he broke any rules. Just suggested maybe to give it some thought process as to how to present it. Have a great day!

The overreaction isn’t about a loss.

It’s about WHO they lost too.

Denver is not a good team.

They’re not even an average team.
Yeah, but how many play-off caliber teams have had that week over the years where their fans couldn’t believe they lost to a shitty Dolphins team?

The defense was so good that they gave up nearly 500 yards due to the offense?

Mmm, ok.
500 yards and only 20 points allowed. Bend don't break. It was the offenses job to put up more and they didn't. Defense wasn't lights out but they played fine, created turnovers. No sacks, but it happens.

I could NEVER be a mod here... ever.

Snark and debate are much too much fun.

The only thing I’d change about my post is add Denver to KC and Pitt.:munch:

Back
Top Bottom