You guys understand we are still a year away right? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

You cannot accurately judge a QB until 20 starts. However to me it is still and always will be a baffling decision to bench him late in the game within a score after leading you down to get the FG to make it a one score game.
No. Quite the opposite would be baffling. If the QB keeps struggling, and you keep him in. That would be baffling.

Flo would rather take the chance at the win.

Pretty simple, and I would be if the players had a vote, they would have agreed.

What you or I "understand" isn't important.
OK lost a real chance at tap in a situation that TUA will face many more times. Just lost a chance at some real coachable moments, considering without the move the game would have likely ended the same way with a Fins loss.

No. Quite the opposite would be baffling. If the QB keeps struggling, and you keep him in. That would be baffling.
Really? OOO So unless the Rookie is not facing adversity we keep him in. When he does face that adversity and struggling we pull him instead of working him through it. (*That is the Coaching Point, the other way is throwing the white flag)

OK lost a real chance at tap in a situation that TUA will face many more times. Just lost a chance at some real coachable moments, considering without the move the game would have likely ended the same way with a Fins loss.
I see your side. Do you have it in you to see another's?

There is no shortage of "teachable moments" from that game. Rome wasn't built in one offseason.

6 sacks I believe. Not a great effort from our O line
Several of those sacks were on Tua. One where he runs out of bounds behind the LOS, and I recall two more where he just stood in the pocket. I made mention of it in the game day thread where I said something like if I didnt see the "1" on the front of the jersey I would have assumed it saod #17.

Tua didn’t stand a chance yesterday. The move was the best thing for the team. The team is bigger than tua, flores made a decision for the team. All there is to it.

Really? OOO So unless the Rookie is not facing adversity we keep him in. When he does face that adversity and struggling we pull him instead of working him through it. (*That is the Coaching Point, the other way is throwing the white flag)

In sports there are games in which a player should be pulled out of the game. It happens. There aren't many. This was one of those.

I see it as them sacrificing this coachable moment for a better chance at coachable moments in the playoffs. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

I think we're all unhappy about losing to Denver. But Miami needs to stop babying Tua and cut him lose. Open up the damn playbook MAN!!! Let the guy play.

I'm not sure how you can make that statement after watching that game.
There was nothing babying about the play selections.
What we saw was Tua looking indecisive and yeah that OL was bad in pass protect.

Ridiculous post in context of the game and play selection.

Just baffles me how bipolar Dolphins fans can be at times.

Ready to anoint one week, and ready to bury the next week. Yes, this is life in the sports lens, but a little perspective please.

Many great quarterbacks have started slow in their careers. Just look at Drew Brees, Steve Young, how many interceptions Peyton Manning threw in his first year, even the average numbers for Tom Brady.

This doesn't mean that Tus is going to develop into a Hall of Fame quarterback, but how can we judge someone so concretely after four games? That's an absolute joke.

The line is a work in progress, which definitely needs an infusion of talent next year along with more experience for our young fellas.

We have no running game to speak of whatsoever. AND outside of Devante Parker, are you kidding me right now? Collins, Perry, and Grant? That's a glorified practice squad at best.

Guarantee this tune will be changed in the next 12 to 24 months with an above average running back in place, a good young receiver, and more development on our o-line.

Chill the F out!!!

Sounds just like the Tannehill days....amiright?

Pick off a WR from somebody's P.S. There must be a raw tall WR that we can mold..........

I don't think it's as easy as it sounds. WIth guys in the trenches especially DL you can basically put them out there and say run to the ball carrier.
It's alot more intricate with skill positions like reciever. They need to know the plays both passing, running, and audibles.
They need to know the nuances of the offense and not to mention they need to have a timing with the QB.

Mistakes there can quickly led to turn overs in a flash...if not 6 points the otherway.

Bottomline we're stuck with what we have in-house.

We all wish it was better and we had more options.

But this is part of the rebuild process and part of what we have to live with this season.

Tua's timing was atrocious yesterday but that's not here nor there. No OTA's no minicamp, no Pre-season etc........all contributed

Back
Top Bottom