Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Florida's defense is mediocre, and without their two best pass rushers it's less than that. Which is what Burrow faced from the 2nd quarter onward.

Bama's defense is mediocre. They're starting 4 true freshman (rotating 5) on defense because of injuries and the two CB's - Surtain and Diggs - play with no confidence in coverage. They don't trust their technique.

#25 in the country in Total Defense after the LSU game doesn’t strike me as mediocre.

#25 in the country in Total Defense after the LSU game doesn’t strike me as mediocre.

You have to understand that there’s only 3 or 4 really good defenses any given year in college football - and most defenses in college football are terrible.

Outside of the top 3-4, defenses ranked 5th - 15th are fairly solid defenses and almost interchangeable.

Defenses ranked above 15th through around 40th are mediocre and almost interchangeable. Any defenses ranked outside the top 40 are poor units and begin a rapid decline.

A really good college defense doesn’t give up 42 points to anybody. Florida’s best CB has stayed burnt in coverage the past few weeks. I watch the film of these college defenses everyday.

I wouldn't even say Bama's defense is mediocre. They are below mediocre.

I wouldn't even say Bama's defense is mediocre. They are below mediocre.

It feels like they’re one of the worst in the country - but that’s because we’re used to Bama’s defense being Bama’s defense.

In terms of how they rank they’re about right there with Florida in total defense. Bama’s ranks 26th compared to Florida’s 25th. They’re both mediocre. But they have athletes.

A lot of it is just due to having to play so many true freshman because of injuries, and they simply aren’t ready and weren’t going to be relied upon to play this year.

But to my eye it’s more than that. It’s coaching.

Saban never has anything but good things to say about Pete Golding and calls him one of the best football minds he’s ever been around. I don’t know if Saban really means that or if he’s just trying to instill some confidence in him - but we just don’t play defense like we used to and I see a coaching issue.

Tennessee was getting their best WR matched up on the true freshman linebacker. Opposing OC’s are consistently able to get the matchup that favors them going back to last year and that shouldn’t happen.

I promise if Saban was calling the defense that wouldn’t be happening. He didn’t get where he’s at by allowing OC’s to out coach him. For some reason he’s hands off now and allowing Golding to grow and make mistakes as a defensive coordinator and it’s frustrating as hell to see it every week and watch the defense not be able to get off the field.

It feels like they’re one of the worst in the country - but that’s because we’re used to Bama’s defense being Bama’s defense.

In terms of how they rank they’re about right there with Florida in total defense. Bama’s ranks 26th compared to Florida’s 25th. They’re both mediocre. But they have athletes.

A lot of it is just due to having to play so many true freshman because of injuries, and they simply aren’t ready and weren’t going to be relied upon to play this year.

But to my eye it’s more than that. It’s coaching.

Saban never has anything but good things to say about Pete Golding and calls him one of the best football minds he’s ever been around. I don’t know if Saban really means that or if he’s just trying to instill some confidence in him - but we just don’t play defense like we used to and I see a coaching issue.

Tennessee was getting their best WR matched up on the true freshman linebacker. Opposing OC’s are consistently able to get the matchup that favors them going back to last year and that shouldn’t happen.

I promise if Saban was calling the defense that wouldn’t be happening. He didn’t get where he’s at by allowing OC’s to out coach him. For some reason he’s hands off now and allowing Golding to grow and make mistakes as a defensive coordinator and it’s frustrating as hell to see it every week and watch the defense not be able to get off the field.

I've been seeing the same thing. Why is Alabama getting mismatched on the field. It doesn't help that Diggs and Surtain have inconsistent confidence when it comes to maintaining their technique. It's a little mind boggling when you compare it to how hands on Saban is with his DB's. It's a little confusing but who knows.

I've been seeing the same thing. Why is Alabama getting mismatched on the field. It doesn't help that Diggs and Surtain have inconsistent confidence when it comes to maintaining their technique. It's a little mind boggling when you compare it to how hands on Saban is with his DB's. It's a little confusing but who knows.

I don’t necessarily blame that part on coaching I blame that on the players. They’re in perfect position - they just don’t trust that they are and panic at the moment of truth and start grabbing. Diggs will be in phase and in perfect position but hook the WR’s arm and draw a flag. Just turn around and play the ball or wait for the receiver to put his hands up and then shoot your hands through his.

Surtain’s issues are more concerning to me because he’ll stop his feet and just start grabbing worried about that double move. Rinse. Repeat. He knows better than that.

Not ao sure this is some outdated idea.

i believe the “hit” rate on 1st rnd QBs 20 yrs ago may have been higher than today. Today, passing schemes in college and pro are so sophisticated, and the training/development if QBs so specialized, that it is more difficult than ever to project whether an individual has that certain something to be a top notch QB in NFL.

They may not be “busts” as much as in the past- they are just “average guys that
wont significantly elevate your team past average”, so they are “busts” compared with fan expectation and FO hopes.

Point being it might behoove to trade for better pieces elsewhere, as there are a lot of serviceable qbs that just might
get the job done with a better supporting cast.
That’s a fair point. I just don’t want a qb that needs a good supporting cast in order to be successful. We did that with Tannehill and a decade before him. I want a qb that will make the supporting cast successful. Do you think that Duper/Clayton & a few others would have had the careers they had without Marino throwing to them for example? Just take a look at the New England offensive roster. An elite qb can mask a lot of deficiencies. If you have an opportunity to take an elite qb prospect, you have to do it. Tua is considered a once a decade prospect. Not sure why any Dolphin fan would not want to take that chance.

I am not one of those fans who want to Tank for Tua. I want the Dolphins to win games this year and if they do win, especially against the Bengals I hope the Bengals draft Tua and Grier ends up drafting Burrows.

My fear is that the Bengals will be smart and draft Burrow with the top pick, thus playing right into the hands of the agenda folks in here.

I have never seen such shameless shilling for a player in my life as the tua worshippers engage in. Especially when it is undeserved.

tua has 2 things that make him a good QB:

-jerry jeudy

-henry ruggs

I live 30 miles from TedSlimm yet I am a kazillion miles away from him as far as my opinion of this future BUST.

My fear is that the Bengals will be smart and draft Burrow with the top pick, thus playing right into the hands of the agenda folks in here.

I have never seen such shameless shilling for a player in my life as the tua woshippers engage in. Especially when it is undeserved.

The only way they get the first pick is if we **** up the tank...which is my fear! We play Cincinnati and can easily make them win. Even if the score was 2-0 due to us giving them a safety lol. But Miami never gets **** right.

I have never seen such shameless shilling for a player in my life as the tua worshippers engage in. Especially when it is undeserved.

tua has 2 things that make him a good QB:

-jerry jeudy

-henry ruggs

I live 30 miles from TedSlimm yet I am a kazillion miles away from him as far as my opinion of this future BUST.

Well we definitely agree when it comes to not wanting to see Tua have to play for the Lolphins. You’d know that if you’ve ever read anything I’ve ever posted about him.

We’re not as far apart as you think :lol:

Back
Top Bottom