Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
You say watch more tape and yet you admitted yourself the other day that you've only watched 2 games of Tua.

Doesn't add up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've seen bits and pieces of several games at sports bars and highlight reels on ESPN and youtube over the last two years to know plenty about tua including those two games so ya it does add up. This is a what have you done for me lately league and burrow owns all of you lmao.

Last edited:
...... This is a different NFL than what we grew up to. College qbs step right up and are effective from day one nowadays. Please don’t effect this board with 20 year old ideals.....

Not ao sure this is some outdated idea.

i believe the “hit” rate on 1st rnd QBs 20 yrs ago may have been higher than today. Today, passing schemes in college and pro are so sophisticated, and the training/development if QBs so specialized, that it is more difficult than ever to project whether an individual has that certain something to be a top notch QB in NFL.

They may not be “busts” as much as in the past- they are just “average guys that
wont significantly elevate your team past average”, so they are “busts” compared with fan expectation and FO hopes.

Point being it might behoove to trade for better pieces elsewhere, as there are a lot of serviceable qbs that just might
get the job done with a better supporting cast.

Last edited:
I've seen bits and pieces of several games at sports bars and highlight reels on ESPN and youtube over the last two years to know plenty about tua including those two games so ya it does add up. This is a what have you done for me lately league and burrow owns all of you lmao.
What!!!...What is the name of this sports bar that serves alcohol to kids!!!!...This must STOP!!!

I'm no expert but can a person give a real evaluation of a player based off bits and pieces of a game and highlight reels?

That's be like watching a couple minutes of a movie than going on YouTube to watch the trailer and proclaim it the best movie of the year.

haha I thought he was trolling but he really thinks hes onto something. Amazing. Hes not trolling. Hes just limited.

I'm no expert but can a person give a real evaluation of a player based off bits and pieces of a game and highlight reels?

That's be like watching a couple minutes of a movie than going on YouTube to watch the trailer and proclaim it the best movie of the year.

You don't to be an expert to read where I've watched a few games also. Bits and pieces can mean up to a whole half. I believe tua is a good QB but I think Joe is better. The thing is the injury concerns are beginning to pile up also. Do pile on some more, I got the day off.

Why didn't you highlight the rest of it lmao...lame

Have you watched highlights on your IPAD of the 29-0 beatdown bama put on LSU last year. Where the Joe Burrow lead offense scored zero points. The game where LSU didnt sniff the redzone much less the endzone.

They scored zero points at home.

He's certainly one of the top 2 Senior quarterbacks in the draft, but that's more of an indictment on the Senior class of QB's than an endorsement. He's playing well, but not as well as people think. Give him credit because he deserves it, but I don't think he's been tested yet. He's padding stats against some awful defenses. And I do mean awful. I don't mean mediocre defenses.

I have more questions than answers at this point. There's a few more answers coming though.
Does Tua lose stock in your eyes because of the recent injury? Why or why not?

Does Tua lose stock in your eyes because of the recent injury? Why or why not?

You ask some really good questions. I like it.

Tua doesn't necessarily lose stock in my eyes because of the recent injury, but it does concern me. He doesn't lose stock because this is the first game he'll ever miss. I give him credit for toughing it out last year and playing injured down the stretch against all the best defenses college football could throw at him. There are no defenses in college football this year that can stack up to Clemson's or Mississippi St.'s defenses last year. Tua had to face both.

Secondly, he doesn't lose stock because the procedure essentially all but prevents him from being able to sprain the ankle in the same way again.

He's proven what he can do when he's not hobbled.

There's two things I want people to think about that the common fan just doesn't observe. One, Tua doesn't fumble. Pay attention to how easily he handles and adjusts to poor snaps, handling the football, getting hit, etc.....doesn't matter. He always has complete and absolute control of the football. 100% of the time. That is not normal.

Secondly, he never gets a pass batted down. I've seen all these 6'6", 6'5", 6'4", quarterbacks get passes batted down every game. Not Tua. And he's done this with guys in his face all the time.

He's thrown 626 passes at Alabama and I can't find a single time I've seen it get batted down. Not a single time. Not even once. It's because his instincts and pocket manipulation are so rare. It's what made Drew Brees special.

You ask some really good questions. I like it.

Tua doesn't necessarily lose stock in my eyes because of the recent injury, but it does concern me. He doesn't lose stock because this is the first game he'll ever miss. I give him credit for toughing it out last year and playing injured down the stretch against all the best defenses college football could throw at him. There are no defenses in college football this year that can stack up to Clemson's or Mississippi St.'s defenses last year. Tua had to face both.

Secondly, he doesn't lose stock because the procedure essentially all but prevents him from being able to sprain the ankle in the same way again.

He's proven what he can do when he's not hobbled.

There's two things I want people to think about that the common fan just doesn't observe. One, Tua doesn't fumble. Pay attention to how easily he handles and adjusts to poor snaps, handling the football, getting hit, etc.....doesn't matter. He always has complete and absolute control of the football. 100% of the time. That is not normal.

Secondly, he never gets a pass batted down. I've seen all these 6'6", 6'5", 6'4", quarterbacks get passes batted down every game. Not Tua. And he's done this with guys in his face all the time.

He's thrown 626 passes at Alabama and I can't find a single time I've seen it get batted down. Not a single time. Not even once. It's because his instincts and pocket manipulation are so rare. It's what made Drew Brees special.
I appreciate the well thought out response.

I’ve done a solid amount of homework on Tua and literally the only thing I can find “questionable” about him is injury history. I really feel like he played more than “well enough” against Clemson, and we obviously know how he did against Georgia in the natty a few years ago.

all I know about his injury history is he hurt the other ankle last year and obviously just hurt this ankle this year. Is there anything else I don’t know about? has he had anything besides his ankles hurt?

I appreciate the well thought out response.

I’ve done a solid amount of homework on Tua and literally the only thing I can find “questionable” about him is injury history. I really feel like he played more than “well enough” against Clemson, and we obviously know how he did against Georgia in the natty a few years ago.

all I know about his injury history is he hurt the other ankle last year and obviously just hurt this ankle this year. Is there anything else I don’t know about? has he had anything besides his ankles hurt?

Hurt his knee last year - wore a knee brace against LSU. Still outran LSU's defense for a TD.

Whichever qb we take with our 1st pick, I still think we should double down and take another within the first four rounds.

Back
Top Bottom