Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Rosen in 2019 to ensure the number 1 pick and Tua in 2020. No question he's the best coming out.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but does anyone even know if he seems likely to declare? I mean, it seems like a no-brainer for him to declare from a financial standpoint -- he will be the #1 pick -- but you never know?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but does anyone even know if he seems likely to declare? I mean, it seems like a no-brainer for him to declare from a financial standpoint -- he will be the #1 pick -- but you never know?
Perhaps who has the first pick helps him decide. He may very well go back to school like Andrew Luck did.

It would certainly be interesting to update the poll halfway into the season and see the difference. My guess is it would still be Tua by a wide margin with Burrow getting the next largest amount. Rosen's poll numbers should drop significantly.
This poll was created after Rosen's first start three games ago. I think some were a little high off of Rosen's 18-39, 200 yard performance.

He's certainly one of the top 2 Senior quarterbacks in the draft, but that's more of an indictment on the Senior class of QB's than an endorsement. He's playing well, but not as well as people think. Give him credit because he deserves it, but I don't think he's been tested yet. He's padding stats against some awful defenses. And I do mean awful. I don't mean mediocre defenses.

I have more questions than answers at this point. There's a few more answers coming though.

UF’s defense is far from awful though, and he tore it apart. Let’s see how he does against Bama, thats the game every Fins fan must watch.

UF’s defense is far from awful though, and he tore it apart. Let’s see how he does against Bama, thats the game every Fins fan must watch.

Florida's defense is mediocre, and without their two best pass rushers it's less than that. Which is what Burrow faced from the 2nd quarter onward.

Bama's defense is mediocre. They're starting 4 true freshman (rotating 5) on defense because of injuries and the two CB's - Surtain and Diggs - play with no confidence in coverage. They don't trust their technique.

Maybe the Dolphins will oblige and get you one of 'em. I'd certainly rather see that also.

Since when are you not as big on Trevor - less than 2 weeks ago you were wanting to wait until 2021 for Trevor. Like you said, at least he can play free safety after he repeatedly throws it to the other team.
Trevor among other QB's. From my first post I've favored Herbert. That was earlier in the season. As I have watched LSU play, I am really hoping Miami chooses Burrow. Though I wouldn't be upset with Herbert.

Burrow and Lsu have beaten two top ten teams this year where Alabama has 0.

Most of the recent but still very early mocks I've seen have us with the first pick taking Tua. One or two have us taking Chase Young.

NFL mock's (not NFL obviously) recent mock also has Tua going first but to the Bengals and us drafting Joe Burrow 2nd. Seems like a pretty decent "consolation prize" :shrug:

Florida's defense is mediocre, and without their two best pass rushers it's less than that. Which is what Burrow faced from the 2nd quarter onward.

Bama's defense is mediocre. They're starting 4 true freshman (rotating 5) on defense because of injuries and the two CB's - Surtain and Diggs - play with no confidence in coverage. They don't trust their technique.

Ted,
Good points, but which top QB is playing against top defenses every week?

Last edited:
Yes they have, your bias is showing

No they haven't. That's like saying Alabama beat a top 3 team when they beat Florida St. in the season opener 2 years ago but FSU ended the season unranked :lol:

Ted,
Good points, but which of the top QBs is playing against top defenses every week?

That's been my point all along - especially while everybody was criticizing Tua for not throwing for 500 yards and 7 TD's everytime he played a 'top 30' defense.

But there's still a difference between not playing top defenses every week, and literally playing the worst defenses in the FBS along with some FCS teams.

No they haven't. That's like saying Alabama beat a top 3 team when they beat Florida St. in the season opener 2 years ago but FSU ended the season unranked :lol:
But it happened, it technically counts. They have one for sure so nice way of splitting hairs. :)

Back
Top Bottom