You’re on the clock and another GM calls you... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You’re on the clock and another GM calls you...

So is the Houston pick going to be #27 since they lost today and the Ravens would have the #28 pick?

So is the Houston pick going to be #27 since they lost today and the Ravens would have the #28 pick?
26th. The loser of the current game will get 27th, and Baltimore gets the 28th.

Seattle and GB both had a better record than Houston, and Baltimore's was the best.

I am taking Tua at 5 and not looking back. Why because since Marino we have been stinking up the QB position for years. If Tua plays healthy we are golden the next 10 year if he is not we are in the same boat since 1999 and that boat stinks.

Also I might add if Florres is the coach we think he is and has a year under his belt we will NOT be picking top 10 in next years draft which puts us way outside sniffing Herbert. So you take the bird in the hand now broken wing and all and hope it heals.

It really is tempting to just pen Tua to us at 5, but it just feels like they absolutely pick him by 3, whoever picks him. Giants need talent badly, they’ll trade down and Tua will dazzle in a league currently being dominated by mobile cerebral players.

I don't know what people are looking at. LVR has #12 and #19. So, to give up #5 for that, we are getting combined the value of near #3 pick. Meh. I don't do that deal. Tua when healthy is better than any FA or QB in the draft besides a healthy argument on Burrow who we can't move to.

You assume wrong, as well. I do believe QB is the most important single position. I would love to have a shot at Burrow, I just don't think it is realistically possible.

I also don't hate Tua. He was a great college QB. It's possible that he goes on to have a good NFL career. I just don't believe it is likely. It is true, I wasn't high on him before the injury, as I prefer QBs of a more typical prototype size, and now I don't think it is unfair to hang the "injury prone" label as well.

I understand some will point to Russel Wilson, or Drew Brees as examples of successful guys, who happen to be smaller(ish), but they are outliers. Exceptions to the general rule.

Tua is 6'1 220.

Far from a small stature.

Tua is 6'1 220.

Far from a small stature.
If Tua is truly 6'1", I'm an astronaut. Always pad shorter guys height, and most list him at 210ish.

In any case, it's not the 6'4, 235 I prefer.

It doesn't really matter what either of us think. It's Flo/Grier/Ross that matter.

Tua!

The "legand" grows "taller!"

He's now 6-3 and no more baby fat!

:lol:

If Tua is truly 6'1", I'm an astronaut. Always pad shorter guys height, and most list him at 210ish.

In any case, it's not the 6'4, 235 I prefer.

It doesn't really matter what either of us think. It's Flo/Grier/Ross that matter.

I'd understand your point about having a bigger qb if most of the elite qbs in the NFL were not smaller in stature.

I'd understand your point about having a bigger qb if most of the elite qbs in the NFL were not smaller in stature.
For example?

Brees and Wilson come to mind, but they are the outliers. Over a decade between them.

If we are going to draft Tua, their offer doesn't change my mind. Go get your QB.

If we are not drafting Tua, I'd do the trade for a 1st this year and their 1st next year, with whatever extra comp works out for taking the extra 1st a year later. Fins would again have three 1sts next year to go fishing for a QB.

For example?

Brees and Wilson come to mind, but they are the outliers. Over a decade between them.

Lamar Jackson is small..

Deshaun Watson is of smaller stature, barely 6'2

Patrick Mahomes is a small 6'3

Jimmy Garopollo is 6'2.

If Tua measures in at 6'0 that's a minimal difference and how height has yet affected his ability to play qb.

Lamar Jackson is small..

Deshaun Watson is of smaller stature, barely 6'2

Patrick Mahomes is a small 6'3

Jimmy Garopollo is 6'2.

If Tua measures in at 6'0 that's a minimal difference and how height has yet affected his ability to play qb.
You are entitled to your opinion on how much difference it makes, but even your examples are not as small.

Of those, I would definitely say Mahomes is the best, and 6'3" is not 6'0".

Look, there is no doubt that a smaller QB can be sucessful. To argue otherwise would be silly, but there is a reason there is such a thing as prototypical body types for different positions. It isn't just QBs.

I also think in this particular case, the durability concerns are obvious, and legitimate.

Back
Top Bottom