Zach Wilson or Justin Fields at 3? Any issues? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Wilson or Justin Fields at 3? Any issues?

Thats funny. Even when they are Bama open, they can't catch the ball. Again, 10 drops today.
Show me a list/link of the 10 drops...

What's funny is how people act they mattered in the score.

The dolphins had 10 drops today. Ten! Drops! Today! So yeah, its a problem.
I want to see all these dropped passes...

I've heard every number from 15 to 10...

I need the receipts...after that, I need a heart to heart discussion on whether they wanted to catch those ducks.

I have no desire to see another QB taken in the first round of the 2021 draft. What I want to see is Grier and Flores draft and sign in free agency players who can come in and upgrade the offensive talent on the roster around Tua. The Dolphins presently have one of the worst supporting cast for any QB in the NFL.
Blaming Tua for the fact the offensive line is terrible in pass blocking and the running game has been unproductive most of the year is absurd. Also the Dolphins have probably the worst active WR’s in the entire league at this time and Parker when somewhat healthy is the only quality WR who has been active for much of the season. Williams is a 4th or 5th WR on most teams in the NFL, yet he was a starter for the Dolphins before once again going down with a season ending injury. The remaining WR’s on the roster were players like Perry and Bowden who are still trying to learn how to play the WR position or players who are practice squad caliber at best.
Instead of recognizing that the real issue on offense is the total lack of talent supporting the QB position. Somehow people think that drafting another rookie QB will somehow resolve the real issues on offense. I have no idea if Tua will develop into the QB who we hoped he would be when he was drafted. Yet he is only a rookie QB and he is not the major problem with this offense by a long shot. Grier needs to bring in more talent on offense to
to support his young QB instead of just assuming the problem is Tua. Drafting another QB in the first round and not fixing the real issues with the offense will do nothing but lead to fans demanding the Dolphins draft another QB in the near future when the offense doesn’t improve because it doesn’t have the talent on offense to be successful.

Wilson would be a great addition.
Yes, with his great stats against lower level competition at the college level. He would make a great backup QB for the Dolphins or most any other NFL team. I don’t see him ever being a solid starter in the NFL but as a career backup he might be acceptable.

British are taking over Hollywood, I will never understand why you hire British Actors and make them play rolls with an american accent just hire a damn American lmao..
Because on average they're better actors and cost half the salary of any overrated American actor? Look at the bank HBO makes with Brit casts (by far the best premium channel available) and the bank AMC made with that brain dead show that brings in bank on cable in "The Walking Dead" with their smart casting choice for their lead in Rick Grimes. AMC greatest investment ever perhaps lmao. Brits can actually act out American roles quite easily with what, a few months of coaching practice? I mean the dude with most oscar wins in history (Originally an American Acting Award in the Academy Rewards until better talents started being scouted/outsourced/discovered from around the world, but the first actual Oscar was won by a Nazi German and took it back to Europe LOL) is British and he won an Oscar playing a ****ing American President in Abraham Lincoln :lol: I'm talking about Daniel Day-Lewis if it wasn't obvious. But to answer your original question with a simple answer anyone can understand, it's the money. All in all though, **** Chan Gailey, a brit could have called a better game.

Last edited:
As much as I am displeased with Tua, I just can’t draft another QB that high. I’m trading back and drafted tons of weapons. I’m taking 3 WRs and 2 RBs in the draft. I would look to get a T and G. Plus at least 1 CB

If Lawrence is off the board, and they take Wilson at 3, Im okay with that. But he is not Lawrence or Herbert or this year's Allen, or Mahomes. Wilson is just incremental improvement over Tua, bigger, more mobile, stronger arm.
Which is what we need.

Lmao 10 drops 15 drops. Y’all sound like you’re looking for a million lost votes with these made up conspiracies.

Our receivers did not drop TEN balls today lmao

Tua may need competition, but neither of those guys are worth it with all the holes we have. Fields holds the ball longer than tua, and wilson is just the next big name that probably shouldn't be.

hole we call Dirty Myrtle!.

**** i didnt know you were in Myrtle. I would've hooked up and bought ya a drink this weekend. I didnt bother with yelling at Bob cause normally he travels west for the winter,

But for Coastals sake, they are starting to make a name for themselves in the collegiate world. We were in surfside when CC won the baseball championship and it was nuts...

But anyways. I had wanted to drop down for extra pics because we dont need a QB and it'd be insane to give up on tua after a year. Plus Sam Howell will be around next year if we need a do over. but at this point i think we'd have to drop down too far.

Financially Atlanta cant really move on from Ryan even though they need to start looking to the future
Cin/Philly....no/no
Detroit...i dont think so
Carolina at 8 would be the first team i could see wanting QB, Their hands are tied with Bridgewater this year, but they need to draft his replacement and cut him after the 21 season.
Denver at 9 would also be worth a look at needing a QB.

If we are in love with one particular WR then i say i dont think we can trade down. If we are all about smith or chase, and dont care which of the two it is, i think you could potentially drop down. Jets control how this draft board plays out though. If they go QB, do we try to force Cins hand at flipping picks with us so they can get their franchise LT

Not many teams do what the Cardinals did after taking Rosen. Then again, it was a new regime too. I really doubt this regime takes a QB that high. They are going to build around Tua. Unless they see something like the cards, us and the Bucs saw in Rosen that suggested the kid is never going to be “it”, they will use that no 3 pick on other needs.
I haven't seen anything in Tua that makes me believe he can be the guy. He has a weak arm, hes not athletic, and he doesn't spark the offense (how could he?)

He is like watching Ray Lucas...painful.

Assume Miami takes Fields/Wilson at 3? Would anyone be against that? Can never have enough good players at the most important position in the NFL. I was all aboard the Tua train pre draft last year, but man does he look “small” in the NFL. With the quality of coaching we have with Flores it’s highly unlikely we pick this high again with this regime. I would do it and I hope we take him.

If anything u can trade the other one worst case scenario for a 1st again.

Edit: My point here is you take a top QB prospect and let them compete same as you would any other position in the NFL.

Edit 2: This pick is an ultra luxury pick, why not use it at the most important position in the NFL. What’s the downside? You still have 3 more great picks to build around these 2 QBs.

If our scouting thinks either of these guys have what it take to be a NFL championship caliber QB, we should take them. No questions asked.
Neither!

Back
Top Bottom