Zach Wilson or Justin Fields at 3? Any issues? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Wilson or Justin Fields at 3? Any issues?

I haven't seen anything in Tua that makes me believe he can be the guy. He has a weak arm, hes not athletic, and he doesn't spark the offense (how could he?)

He is like watching Ray Lucas...painful.
He’s fairly athletic, as was Ray :)

Get Tua Pep Hamilton and youd see a different guy.

Pep is the coach for Herbert and hes done wonders for that kid. He never showed this ability in college to be this good early on. If LAC fire everyone then Pep and Flores need to have a long conversation.

With our draft capital we absolutely should take a QB at 3
At best there are doubts about Tua
Won't get this opportunity anytime soon so take it

With our weapons, if we drafted Herbert we would be calling for a new QB in 2021. Let Tua have a full offseason, Get him a free Agent weapon along with Rookie Talent and then Evaluate..
No.... we would know we have our future if we had drafted Herbert....

Yes, with his great stats against lower level competition at the college level. He would make a great backup QB for the Dolphins or most any other NFL team. I don’t see him ever being a solid starter in the NFL but as a career backup he might be acceptable.
Well he can’t possibly have a worse rookie season than Tua..

At this stage there are question marks next to Tua, some of them are on him and the others are on this coaching staff.

They kept the training wheels on him for too long. By the final games of the season the playbook should have been fully open. It should have been Tua opening it up against teams rather than Fitzpatrick coming in to show him how it is done. The kid is never going to learn how to do it if you sub him out all the time. As it stands we don’t know whether Tua can accurately stretch the field with his arm, or throw receivers open. There’s college open and NFL open. Currently he’s stuck wanting the former rather than using his arm to make the latter. That might come in time, it is coachable, but it is also instinctual. It’s all well and good him completing a high percentage of passes 15 yards or less, and not turning it over, but those are things you expect out of a game manager. What separates a game manager from a franchise quarterback is them showing the ability they can make all the throws while doing the basics. To date, Tua hasn’t been put in a position to show everything he can do.

For me, this coaching staff have done a great job in many areas, however they have failed Tua. Now we are left wondering what we have in Tua and this opens up the question of what we do with the third overall pick. It wouldn’t surprise me if we do draft a quarterback if they believe Fields (or someone else) can be an upgrade over Tua. The Cardinals did the same with Rosen and they appear to have their guy in Murray. Frankly we won’t be picking this high with our own pick next year, so if there’s any time to gamble on a new QB this would be the time to get one.

I think we need to calm the waters and give Tua some time to develop. I have been touting Herbert being a Oregon fan and watched him. We did not take him and we need to live in the current reality. I think we need to field offers for that #3 pick and trade down a few slots. I think there is a need for WR, RB, Linebacker and Edge Rusher. The team needs to let Tua develop and evaluate his potential with game players around him. There are times Fitz outplayed the rookie QB who was coming back from a serious injury and the discussion earlier with a shortened season was to keep Tua on the bench for his first year and let him study. The jury is out on Tua but we need to upgrade other areas of this team too.

Get the weapons. Smith, Waddle, Etienne. Shop for ferraris at receiver. Get a damn running game. This team tried to trot out Jordan Howard and Matt Brieda for Christ sakes lmao and neither will be on the team next year. Brieda was active and got zero snaps the last two games.

We have two college qb athletes on our receiver depth chart, and then a smurf with stone hands named Jakeem Grant. Like come the **** on

I have no problem taking QBs over an over until they ****ing hit. The rest of the **** you do is a moot point until you have a QB.
iu

iu

636646166759199702-USATSI-10650542.jpg

I actually like Wilson better than Fields. But you need to give Tua a chance with some support around him. This is the draft to do that

Back
Top Bottom