Zach Wilson or Justin Fields at 3? Any issues? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Wilson or Justin Fields at 3? Any issues?

Just find it hilarious that Tua immediately has to face the music but nobody else does. Not the coaches, not the players - not even the people that picked him.

You have people that are literally trying to blame Ross for the Tua pick, and Rosen, and for playing Tua. If Tua was lighting it up you wouldn't be hearing that garbage. It'd be all Grier.

Now they want to teflon coat him even more and let him keep blowing draft picks. The narrative is that Ross secretly knew how good this guy was while the organization floundered for 20 years - finally promotes him to GM and then sabotages him with the quarterback. You can't make this stuff up. People really believe it.

🤣

Grier gets hammered for his drafts. That’s just the truth, and rightfully so

I’ll commend him for his draft pick arsenal, his FA acquisitions, his front office acquisitions and his roster management. He deserves that

but he has no excuse for the drafts. He just simply bought himself time w/ the Tua pick and the killer head coach selection.

enough of the wilkins and the igbos

he doesn’t get credit for the tua pick, anybody could have made that pick and would have. However he did buy himself time w/ it.

he’s likely the executive of the year, if the guy in Buffalo isn’t.

Would anyone be against that? Yeah probably like 90% of the fan base

Geesh

nublar nailed it in the second post

Just find it hilarious that Tua immediately has to face the music but nobody else does. Not the coaches, not the players - not even the people that picked him.

You have people that are literally trying to blame Ross for the Tua pick, and Rosen, and for playing Tua. If Tua was lighting it up you wouldn't be hearing that garbage. It'd be all Grier.

Now they want to teflon coat him even more and let him keep blowing draft picks. The narrative is that Ross secretly knew how good this guy was while the organization floundered for 20 years - finally promotes him to GM and then sabotages him with the quarterback. You can't make this stuff up. People really believe it.

🤣
Someone yesterday literally was saying Rosen played better last year

seriously

God help us these next.... 9 months

Betting for Grier is foolish, and I wish you luck in your job fishing for those that would

I recommend a treble hook. Maybe a crank bait

Lmao 10 drops 15 drops. Y’all sound like you’re looking for a million lost votes with these made up conspiracies.

Our receivers did not drop TEN balls today lmao
I mean, they did. If you want to ignore what's all over the internet and what all of our eyes watched, that's on you.

Prefer to trade down for another haul of picks. If I cant Get a large bounty I am picking Sewell or Fields.

I appreciate all of those post on here. But any that suggested we "absolutely" take a QB at #3 have made it to my ignore list. When you consider this roster and our significant needs that conclusion @3 is beyond illogical. Can't engage with that type of logic over the offseason.

🤣
Grier is a garbage. Bet $100.

Seriously! What is your deal with Grier? This has been going on for years now! Did he not offer you a job with the Dolphins or something? I've never seen a poster have such personal vitriol for a member of the Dolphins FO like you have for Grier.

I think it all boils down to this: If the organization has any real doubts that Tua is the guy and there's a QB they feel better about with the third pick, they should pick that QB.

Yes, it's unconventional and, yes, you aren't going to get the return trading Tua that makes him anything other than a wasted pick. However, if they feel that way, any other move is just compounding a mistake. Truthfully, adding WR talent isn't going to help the Tua who threw the ball the way he did yesterday, and even adding an elite OL isn't necessarily going to make him any less skittish in the pocket, but I don't see him in practice or talk to him or evaluate talent for a living. I just think the guys who do those things should make the move if they don't feel at least 95% confident Tua has what it takes and there's someone in the draft in which they're more comfortable.

I'd hate to do this. I still hate that we traded a second round pick for Rosen and I'd hate wasting the No. 5 pick overall. I also think Tua seems like a good guy. I'd like to see him succeed. I just think you have to realistic from a team-building standpoint. If you think he's not the guy, don't let him become a money pit. Don't keep trying to throw resources into it and then get yourself stuck in the middle of the draft everywhere because you have a good team but no QB to make it great.

Only QB worth it in the first round is Lawrence.

Only way that happens if he flat out refuses to play of Jacksonville. If that's the case I'd gladly package Tua, #3 and #18 to move up two spots.

Other than that Miami should take a flyer in round 3 if someone piques their interest.

No thanks to Fields or Wilson.

Tua will get better with a full TC, another year of rehab and strength training. No question about it.

Back
Top Bottom