Zach Wilson or Justin Fields at 3? Any issues? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Wilson or Justin Fields at 3? Any issues?

Seriously! What is your deal with Grier? This has been going on for years now! Did he not offer you a job with the Dolphins or something? I've never seen a poster have such personal vitriol for a member of the Dolphins FO like you have for Grier.

Stop fabricating drama. You're as bad as my teenage granddaughter. I think Grier is probably a great guy. Just not very good at his job. C level GM.

Allen looked like **** his rookie season. Allen looked pretty damn good yesterday and has all season. Tua had a major injury, no offseason and was thrown into the starter roll after 6 games. GIVE TUA TIME! Jesus...

One other thing ... a No. 5 overall QB pick, IMO, has to be much more than a caretaker QB to be worthwhile. If you just want a guy who can throw 5-yard passes and doesn't turn the ball over, you can get him after the second round. You draft a QB in the first round because you believe he changes your team, that he can elevate the rest of the players, that he can move the ball down the field in 2 minutes and pull out the win for you.

Seriously! What is your deal with Grier? This has been going on for years now! Did he not offer you a job with the Dolphins or something? I've never seen a poster have such personal vitriol for a member of the Dolphins FO like you have for Grier.

How about we don't mention quarterbacks and look at WR and RB position since 2016. Draft:
Jakeem Grant, Leonte Carroo, Isaiah Ford
Kenyon Drake, Kalen Ballage, Myles Gaskins, Malcolm Perry

That's it for WR and RB, 5 years of drafts. That is the vision. That's the best he can do, in 5 years of drafts.

Reactions: A1.
One other thing ... a No. 5 overall QB pick, IMO, has to be much more than a caretaker QB to be worthwhile. If you just want a guy who can throw 5-yard passes and doesn't turn the ball over, you can get him after the second round. You draft a QB in the first round because you believe he changes your team, that he can elevate the rest of the players, that he can move the ball down the field in 2 minutes and pull out the win for you.
And the jury is still out on Tua being able to do so.

Down their top 4 WR's for a good part of the season. Down a competent running game. No preseason games. Limited practice and TC. One year removed from major hip surgery.

All in all it could have been much worse. He will only get better from here. That's almost guaranteed. Whether or not that's good enough to compete for AFC superiority is still in question and if that's the case you move in a year or two. Miami's window to compete is open as of today. Tons of high draft picks and space to build a Super Bowl caliber roster around him.

Allen looked like **** his rookie season. Allen looked pretty damn good yesterday and has all season. Tua had a major injury, no offseason and was thrown into the starter roll after 6 games. GIVE TUA TIME! Jesus...
The difference between Allen and Tua are the things that you cant improve: arm strength- Allen has a gun, Tua has a weak arm. Size- Allen is physically big and much more athletic. Tua is small, not strong and is an average athlete. Pocket presence- Allen can move and scramble and still make strong throws on the move. Tua is lucky if he can do anything when pressured.

If Miami doesn't believe in Tua, that's a big deal. If he just doesn't look the same as he did prior to November 16th, 2019, that's a big deal.

They have to offer #3 and #18 to Jacksonville in exchange for #1 and draft a QB. All Jags can say is no. If Jags don't want to do business then Miami has to take a kid they like at #3 if he's there.

trade tua to saint! 3rd roun final offer

Stop fabricating drama. You're as bad as my teenage granddaughter. I think Grier is probably a great guy. Just not very good at his job. C level GM.

I'm not one of these recently registerd posters on the board. I've been here for years and the post history is clear. You have some real anaimosity and it's palpable towards GM Grier and it's been like that for awhile. In your eyes, he can do no right and clearly is the worst or one of the worst GMs of the Dolphins or any organization has ever had.

I realize this is a Dolphins website, but i get the impression you don't come near sullying other GMs in the league like you do Grier.

Where going to get to the source of this disdain TODAY and exercising it for 2021 this cannot continue. We love you and care for you and want what's best.

So, Let's start:

Where did the bad man touch you @Pachyderm_Wave to make you despise him so?
Was it once or multiple times?
Did you ever confide in anyone about your painful experiences?

I promise I and others are here to help and not judge. Please take your time. You're in a safe zone.

Why because I don't watch BYU play? lmao

I mean i watched about 4 Coastal Carolina games so does
iu

iu

636646166759199702-USATSI-10650542.jpg
So the 3 outliers is your goal vs finding someone to help you compete consistently?

I hate to make this point again, so this isn't directed at you specifically, but Josh Allen and his development have absolutely nothing to do with the progress of Tua Tagovialoa. They are two absolutely different players with two completely different skillsets in two different organizations. Allen was drafted as a raw prospect with out-of-this-world physical tools the Bills knew and were willing to take time to develop. Tua played against NFL-caliber competition all through college and got his highest marks for his accuracy and poise. If not for his injury, he probably would have be the No. 1 overall pick.

The comparison between Tua and Allen is moot. Or, if you want to use that, then you might as well to make the comparison between guys like Sanchez, Darnold, Rosen, Haskins, etc., because it would be just as valid.

Tua's not Josh Allen or Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or Drew Brees. Tua's Tua and he's going to develop in his own way into his own QB, whatever that is. I just hope that we have enough competent people in our front office who can objectively evaluate whether they think he's good enough or not. They can't worry about looking foolish for picking a QB over Tua if they are unconvinced in his potential; they need to view this as "Am I willing to bet my job that Tua is our answer?" -- if he's not, admit you got it wrong the first time and correct the mistake now rather than after four years of mediocrity.

I mean, they did. If you want to ignore what's all over the internet and what all of our eyes watched, that's on you.
Post proof of your claims. I watched the game - there were not 10 credited drops. Stop it.

Tua was off all game. The receivers were off all game. There were 4 credited drops per PFF. I’m not sure how they missed 11 others

or maybe they are jokers who can actually see things for what they are. They actually watch the game and came away with conclusions that support the reality.

So the 3 outliers is your goal vs finding someone to help you compete consistently?
I'm not the one who made the first comprehensive statement that explicitly denied that outliers exist. Further, I am not the one that suggested everything else is moot when clearly they aren't. Don't post hyperbole and then get upset when you get hyperbole back.

I would be for Wilson getting picked at number 3, with a trove of draft picks going the dolphins way from another team.
I could live with that. My question then is how far down do you want your first pic to be around what would you expect in return

Post proof of your claims. I watched the game - there were not 10 credited drops. Stop it.
Imagine thinking I would waste time proving anything to a blind man. Carry on with your day. The rest of the universe can continue talking about fixing the problem that you don't know exists.

Back
Top Bottom