Zack Bowman has signed with the Dolphins. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack Bowman has signed with the Dolphins.

I never worry abut corners for this team. Coyle might not be able to call plays but he always has one of the best secondaries, dating back to his time in Cincy.

I did last year when the injures piled up. I feel 10x more comfortable this year at corner than I did last year.

Veteran with experience. I like the 6'1 size. Can't complain that he is a competent player. A stud, hardly. That's not the point. What coin is he getting?

I'm thinking this is a depth signing with upside to step in IF Jamar Taylor fails. The more that time goes on, the team's moves indicate they were pleased with what they saw out of Jamar last season.

Now that COULD go out of the window come draft day, but for now there hasn't been a whole lot of smoke to the team pursuing starting CBs aggressively.

The signing gives depth and size to this backfield. It also allows for the draft to be wide open for Miami. I still think we go for a db in this draft, but opportunistic more than need. So if Rowe or Peters were to be there in the second, or Steve Nelson or Ekpre-Olamu later...though I love a trade back to the third for Ifo.

I'm not saying they won't take a corner that they deem a day one starter. However, if Miami opts to go with a guard, receiver, linebacker or running back instead of a corner they're now in a better position to do so than they were yesterday.

ahhh i love when we can all agree on a signing

80% of Giants fans voted for "keep him" in that poll linked a couple of posts above....thats a positive sign for sure.

Good signing. Mostly depth but can play meaningful minutes if needed. Can't have enough DB's as far as I'm concerned....

However, if you were thinking a corner in rounds one or two, this signing DOES change the thinking. I see MLB and OG as big needs. And at the end of the day, I think they go with a big name skill guy and that will be Gurley or Gordon or one of the receivers.

CB will not be drafted in the first two rounds

Anyone remember injuries caused the guy off the streets to start vs. jets?

This is good insurance and another Nickle guy but special teamed who makes us better all around.

With tannenbaum in charge I don't see cb getting bypassed but with a deep class it gives us comfort to draft later. Trae Wayne's in the picture at 14 but if they don't see him starting opposite grimes day one then we may go elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom