Zack Bowman has signed with the Dolphins. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack Bowman has signed with the Dolphins.

nah

i think its just more competition depth but nothing that should divert thinking...they have to plan for the days without brent grimes

I do agree about replacing Grimes perhaps as soon as next year. However, I am first concerned with helping the qb with draft picks and getting players that can play off of the best DT in football.

Help RT or get players that can feed off of Suh early in the draft.

I will feel better about how the team is developing if the qb is getting better. Therefore, make moves that help the RT.

However, if you were thinking a corner in rounds one or two, this signing DOES change the thinking. I see MLB and OG as big needs. And at the end of the day, I think they go with a big name skill guy and that will be Gurley or Gordon or one of the receivers.

CB will not be drafted in the first two rounds

I think this increases the chance that we will use our 2nd rd pick to trade up in the 1st, and grab WR Amari Cooper or WR Kevin White. And then sign OG Evan Mathis in free agency.

I don't think we'll draft a MLB in the 1st 2 rounds because..

1) Koa Misi was ok in his 1st year at MLB, and he could get better. Koa Misi is an athletic guy who spent his college & NFL career at DT, DE, OLB, and now MLB. With a full year at MLB under his belt, there's a significant chance that he improves at the spot.

2) There are no monster MLBs in this year's draft, like a Luke Kuechly. There isn't a MLB in this year's draft that can defintely beat out Koa Misi in the MLB spot this year. WRs Amari Cooper or Kevin White would be big upgrades over Rishard Matthews. OT/OG Brandon Scherff can definitely beat out Dallas Thomas or Billy Turner (or fill in for Brandon Albert, if Albert is gimpy from his torn ACL & MCL).

However, if you were thinking a corner in rounds one or two, this signing DOES change the thinking. I see MLB and OG as big needs. And at the end of the day, I think they go with a big name skill guy and that will be Gurley or Gordon or one of the receivers.

CB will not be drafted in the first two rounds

You are correct sir! We have addressed corner for now and the staff has said they want to go with Misi at MLB, so I believe the top 3 WR's will be gone and we will draft Gurley. We might drop a couple places and grab Gordon, who I love, and get another 2nd or 3rd and get another WR there.

You would think a lot more people would know what Google (or your other preferable search engine) is. :lol:

What's google?

giphy.gif

Very, very good depth signing by Miami here. He's a quality 4th CB and a good ST's player. He'd be an upgrade over Wilson. Ideally, you'd like Will Davis to beat him out, but I wouldn't count on Davis. Miami's ridiculously bad depth in the secondary killed them last year. Coyle is great with DB's, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. I love that Miami signed two CB's in FA - both to relatively cheap contracts. It's now or never time for Taylor and Davis. I think there's a decent chance that one of them emerges as a pretty decent #2 CB, and it'll probably be Taylor. I do think you draft a player to push Taylor. I'm really high on Bobby McCain and Justin Coleman - relative to where they're projected. I think either could beat out Taylor and start as the #2 CB. If you can give me Kevin Johnson at #47, I'd take that, too.

I think this increases the chance that we will use our 2nd rd pick to trade up in the 1st, and grab WR Amari Cooper or WR Kevin White. And then sign OG Evan Mathis in free agency.

I don't think we'll draft a MLB in the 1st 2 rounds because..

1) Koa Misi was ok in his 1st year at MLB, and he could get better. Koa Misi is an athletic guy who spent his college & NFL career at DT, DE, OLB, and now MLB. With a full year at MLB under his belt, there's a significant chance that he improves at the spot.

2) There are no monster MLBs in this year's draft, like a Luke Kuechly. There isn't a MLB in this year's draft that can defintely beat out Koa Misi in the MLB spot this year. WRs Amari Cooper or Kevin White would be big upgrades over Rishard Matthews. OT/OG Brandon Scherff can definitely beat out Dallas Thomas or Billy Turner (or fill in for Brandon Albert, if Albert is gimpy from his torn ACL & MCL).
Nice post, would thanks but im on tapatalk

Will Davis might start year on PUP......seems like the right thing to do especially if we draft a corner.

Back
Top Bottom