Zim’s Grades Game 7 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Game 7 Edition

You give the DL an A? They allowed 4.5 yards per rush, that's awful. They had moments of awesomeness but an A?

And QB, C? No picks, one nervous fumble because of Darnold and the OL that wasn't doing any favors?

These grades seem a bit off imo.
Hell yeah, I would agree with the OP and give the entire defense an A today Including the front 7. 4.5 years per carry? How about 4 turnovers including one to the house? How about completely befuddling and shutting down Jared Goff? Was it ever in any doubt even with the offense so anemic that we could barely move the football that we were going to win? Their O had no chance against us and that is a pretty good team over there. The coaching on Defense and the execution was outstanding and I honestly think you are being a bit unfair not to give such a dominating performance the “A” that it deserves.

Having said that, the Offense needs A ton of work. Hated the gimmick plays that didn’t work. Preston Williams seems to have had holes in his hands and dropped some critical passes. I suspect Tua will have learned a lot from this first start, one thing being that he has a lot to learn still. But, I did see some potential. Some very accurate throws, for example that TD pass to Parker. 2nd play of the game was a rough start for sure...

Coaching A.

Talent is not all here yet but what we do have they are playing up to their potential which increases their grades imo.

Hell yeah, I would agree with the OP and give the entire defense an A today Including the front 7. 4.5 years per carry? How about 4 turnovers including one to the house? How about completely befuddling and shutting down Jared Goff? Was it ever in any doubt even with the offense so anemic that we could barely move the football that we were going to win? Their O had no chance against us and that is a pretty good team over there. The coaching on Defense and the execution was outstanding and I honestly think you are being a bit unfair not to give such a dominating performance the “A” that it deserves.

Having said that, the Offense needs A ton of work. Hated the gimmick plays that didn’t work. Preston Williams seems to have had holes in his hands and dropped some critical passes. I suspect Tua will have learned a lot from this first start, one thing being that he has a lot to learn still. But, I did see some potential. Some very accurate throws, for example that TD pass to Parker. 2nd play of the game was a rough start for sure...
The grade was for the DL, not the defense. Defense as a whole was A+. DL specifically, probably B to B- imo.

Ain’t that the truth. Someone else needs to take this thread on a weekly basis. It’s kinda funny how he titles the thread as if he’s a pro game pundit who we are all waiting to hear from LOL

Hey he's the one doing it when no one else is, despite knowing the criticism is coming - and it's a decent read. He gets to call it what he wants - plus, the reactions trashing the evaluation just make it seem that much more authentic like a real pro game pundit column!

The grade was for the DL, not the defense. Defense as a whole was A+. DL specifically, probably B to B- imo.
You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but we play a 3/4, so linebackers and Dlinemen are all resposnible for the running game as well as defensive backs in some cases, so that’s why I said Front 7. For example, Christian Wilkins, one of our Dtackles had an interception And Raekwon Davis was a beast and was also dispruptive. How many Saks did we get today and who got them? How many balls batted down at the line of scrimmage? The entire front 7 got pressure on the QB and is also responsible for stopping the run, so I’m not sure I would separate the Dline for criticism, or praise for their disruptiveness, but that’s just me. :)

You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but we play a 3/4, so linebackers and Dlinemen are all resposnible for the running game as well as defensive backs in some cases, so that’s why I said Front 7. For example, Christian Wilkins, one of our Dtackles had an interception And Raekwon Davis was a beast and was also dispruptive. The entire front 7 got pressure on the QB and is also responsible for stopping the run, so I’m not sure I would separate the Dline for criticism, or praise for their disruptiveness, but that’s just me. :)
For sure for sure, I was just commenting on the OPs setup is all. I would tend to agree with you for the most part, but the consistency with which they cannot handle either the RB, FB or even a mobile QB is a glaring problem that gets masked by turnover ratios.

For sure for sure, I was just commenting on the OPs setup is all. I would tend to agree with you for the most part, but the consistency with which they cannot handle either the RB, FB or even a mobile QB is a glaring problem that gets masked by turnover ratios.
You and I both agree that we suck at stopping the run though! It would be nice if we could shut that down if we chose to. Some of that being scheme, and some being talent or talent deficiencies. We definitely need work vs the run.

Hey he's the one doing it when no one else is, despite knowing the criticism is coming - and it's a decent read. He gets to call it what he wants - plus, the reactions trashing the evaluation just make it seem that much more authentic like a real pro game pundit column!
And I get to comment on it, especially when it’s way off. It’s called a public forum.

Tua looked like he really hasn’t practiced with the first team all season, did not look like he would have been ready to come in had Fitz gone down. This was with a bye week to get ready, and it was like he just got signed and wasn’t familiar with the play book, the terminology or the receivers. That was glaring. They didn’t call a downfield play or even use it as a threat to open up the running game. I can’t see that changing much in seven days, but I hope he looks a lot more comfortable with somebody soon.

Tua looked like he really hasn’t practiced with the first team all season, did not look like he would have been ready to come in had Fitz gone down. This was with a bye week to get ready, and it was like he just got signed and wasn’t familiar with the play book, the terminology or the receivers. That was glaring. They didn’t call a downfield play or even use it as a threat to open up the running game. I can’t see that changing much in seven days, but I hope he looks a lot more comfortable with somebody soon.
Well. Not to overstate the obvious. But Fitz has the 3rd highest
wonderlic score in NFL history at 48 and Tua nailed a 13.

Ever heard of dumbing it down?

Well. Not to overstate the obvious. But Fitz has the 3rd highest
wonderlic score in NFL history at 48 and Tua nailed a 13.

Ever heard of dumbing it down?
So Wonderlic score translates into SB wins???? The dude is a classic journeyman who played for 8 teams. How did his Wonderlic score benefit him there?? BwaaaaWaaahaaaaa. Please stop.

Back
Top Bottom