Zim’s Grades Game 7 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Game 7 Edition

Tua looked like he really hasn’t practiced with the first team all season, did not look like he would have been ready to come in had Fitz gone down. This was with a bye week to get ready, and it was like he just got signed and wasn’t familiar with the play book, the terminology or the receivers. That was glaring. They didn’t call a downfield play or even use it as a threat to open up the running game. I can’t see that changing much in seven days, but I hope he looks a lot more comfortable with somebody soon.
You are hysterical. "Wasn't familiar with the playbook, the terminology"...lol seriously. You state he wasn't familiar with the terminology. Do you realize how stupid this sounds?
Where in the hell did you pull "he's not familiar with terminology " from. Seriously? Where?

Stop bickering over why or who is starting these threads. If you disagree with the grades that’s fine but no need to keep egging on. Anyone is welcome to make a thread after a game, Dzim has also been here for 15 years- so a thread he makes me get a bit more traction.

Reasonable takes that he backs up with well thought out reactions and usually not knee jerk reactions

You keep doin you op

you’re being extremely generous to an offense that only generated 145 total yards.

I kind of disagree, in a game where the defense of the Dolphins dominated, tye Offense did not get the ball as much as normal, if they had, the Stats might have been higher with more yards and maybe a scoring drive.

The offense when they absolutely had to score (thanks to the helpnof the Defense), they scored two TDs on a great Defense.

The offense does have some work to do, but against the Rams defense, can't go overboard and say a C is too high.

You are hysterical. "Wasn't familiar with the playbook, the terminology"...lol seriously. You state he wasn't familiar with the terminology. Do you realize how stupid this sounds?
Where in the hell did you pull "he's not familiar with terminology " from. Seriously? Where?
Reread what I said, I'll help you... "It was like he..." not that he didn't, it was like he didn't. So, I stand by my observation. Not going to clarify further.

we used to need A's across the board to win games, now we're arguing over if our offense deserves a C or a D after a win. i'll take it, i guess

Last edited:
Tua spread the ball around for the few opportunities he had and put it where his reciervers had a opportunity to not only catch it but only they could catch it. The Rams were great at stripping the ball yesterday. You must also realize in the first half and even the 2 nd half there were much fewer opportunities for the offense to be on the field with all the turnovers and special team plays.

Stop bickering over why or who is starting these threads. If you disagree with the grades that’s fine but no need to keep egging on. Anyone is welcome to make a thread after a game, Dzim has also been here for 15 years- so a thread he makes me get a bit more traction.

Reasonable takes that he backs up with well thought out reactions and usually not knee jerk reactions

You keep doin you op
Thanks Travis. I will.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but we play a 3/4, so linebackers and Dlinemen are all resposnible for the running game as well as defensive backs in some cases, so that’s why I said Front 7. For example, Christian Wilkins, one of our Dtackles had an interception And Raekwon Davis was a beast and was also dispruptive. How many Saks did we get today and who got them? How many balls batted down at the line of scrimmage? The entire front 7 got pressure on the QB and is also responsible for stopping the run, so I’m not sure I would separate the Dline for criticism, or praise for their disruptiveness, but that’s just me. :)
You are 100% correct, but no recognition of Raekwon Davis' steady improvement will be noticed by certain FH posters who hated his draft selection and dismissed the prospect of him contributing to the team. Maybe GM Chris Grier and Coach Flores knew what they were doing when they drafted him out of Alabama.
The reality is that Raekwon is a big physical beast who continues to learn the role the coaches want him to play on the D-line. Also looks like our big boy is having some fun seeing others like Ogbah, Wilkins and Van Ginkel making big Defensive plays.

Last edited:
I would give the offense a D at best. There was not a single player on that side of the ball that played even an average game and therefore a C rating for any player or unit on that side of the ball is just not justified.
The players on the offense should be paying for the meals for the defensive players all week. Because this was a game completely won by the defense and the special teams while the offense basically took the day off except for a couple of plays.

Got to give Robert's and Rowe some props. Rowe nearly had two picks, Robert's had two wow stops with huge hits.

Good analysis.

I would give the offense a D at best. There was not a single player on that side of the ball that played even an average game and therefore a C rating for any player or unit on that side of the ball is just not justified.
The players on the offense should be paying for the meals for the defensive players all week. Because this was a game completely won by the defense and the special teams while the offense basically took the day off except for a couple of plays.
How many sacks did the OL allow? Against a top 5 defense? Which features Aaron Donald.

The answer is 1. The offense as a whole performed much better than a D. If you want to give the skilled players positions at WR and RB a D I would go worse, F.

How many sacks did the OL allow? Against a top 5 defense? Which features Aaron Donald.

The answer is 1. The offense as a whole performed much better than a D. If you want to give the skilled players positions at WR and RB a D I would go worse, F.
Tua had the time to throw a grand total of one pass downfield yesterday and that was broken up. The reason the offensive line only gave up one sack is because Tua was being forced to quickly check down to the receiver who was 5 to 6 yards down field. He really wasn’t able to sit in the picket and scan the field.
So stating the offensive line only gave up one sack doesn’t really take into account how much pressure the Rams defense put on Tua throughout the game. Obviously the pass protection was better than the rushing aspect of the offensive line. I would give the pass protection a C minus and the rushing game an F. Therefore my overall grade for the offensive line is a D.

You guys are being dicks, Zims keep posting your thoughts and your opinions after the game, that's what these forums are for. Others clearly wanted to read it regardless of who posted it. And I agree with your grades.

Rams has 25 sacks, that means 3 per game, against us, 1??? Our OL did ok vs a very good DLine.
Running? well, we don't have a top RB, we have a serviceable running back that should not be the featured RB.

Back
Top Bottom