Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 2 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 2

I (at this point) disagree with you. However, you may ultimately be proven right. While I THINK Tua is going to be a very good QB in this league, it’s only conjecture at this point. Just like you don’t feel he’s got it, I feel he does.

I’ll say this….NO EXCUSES this year will be made by me for Tua. No more excuses about how bad the OL is. No more excuses about how he has 3rd graders for receivers. No more excuses about how he has no RB’s to help him. If Tua fails this year…I’m off the Tua train. Period. Let’s just hope I’m right and you’re wrong.
Agree. I’ll add no more injury excuse as well

Yes, it is my first time experiencing this preseason.
"The" and "this" are two different words.
They are spelled differently.
They don't even have the same number of letters.

And you expect me to believe you know what you are talking about.
Why in the world would I do that, knowing what I do know about these "intellectual" limitations?

This is why I believe Iggy and Eguavon should be worried. These kids are making it hard for the coaches to ignore.

I am not sure how many DTs they will carry. Davis, Wilkins, and Sieler are locks. Jenkins is likely in. I am not sure there is room for Ben Stille.
Gustin should make it as a backup to Ogbah.
Keion Crossen is in as a backup to Jones. There is no one else there.
Elijah Campbell is in a tough battle for the fourth safety behind Jones, Holland, and Rowe; battling with Fej, Redwine, Quincy Wilson and McKinley.
Not sure where Trill Williams figures on the depth chart after injury and limited action.

I (at this point) disagree with you. However, you may ultimately be proven right. While I THINK Tua is going to be a very good QB in this league, it’s only conjecture at this point. Just like you don’t feel he’s got it, I feel he does.

I’ll say this….NO EXCUSES this year will be made by me for Tua. No more excuses about how bad the OL is. No more excuses about how he has 3rd graders for receivers. No more excuses about how he has no RB’s to help him. If Tua fails this year…I’m off the Tua train. Period. Let’s just hope I’m right and you’re wrong.
It's already been proven right.

Other than a few board dreamers, nobody is starting Tua over Herbert.

Grier got the most important pick wrong, and it wasn't really that difficult.

Grier made that choice?

He's on the practice field now making decisions?
I was referring to Applebaum. His prior system didn’t usually call for position switching at BC, other than the usual tackle to guard switch that occurs frequently. Switching a multi year veteran Guard to center is odd. In the case of Pouncey, it was center to guard, to save wear and tear. Surely you don’t endorse the move going on. To my point, Grier doesn’t value the OLine, especially the center position. He passed on future pro bowl centers the last 3 drafts.

It's already been proven right.

Other than a few board dreamers, nobody is starting Tua over Herbert.

Grier got the most important pick wrong, and it wasn't really that difficult.
I think Grier got the pick wrong regardless of who he picked at QB because he was trying to develop a QB with 0 viable offensive linemen, nor has the team been able to develop a single viable linemen when they were all playing beside non-viable linemen.

People still want to talk about how awesome the return was for Tunstil, but if you never develop an offensive line after trading a talented linemen, I'm never gonna give my assent. You trade players for picks you only win if you can replace those players with your picks, and we didn't.

I love watching Gesicki make those highlight reel catches. But, that's the only thing he can do well because of his long reach and good hands. He's tall, but he's not big and strong. He doesn't break tackles; even tiny DBs have no problem tackling him. Also, he can't block at all. Last year, if I were the HC, I would've used him not as a TE but as a slot/possession type receiver. He'd probably be good at catching that 8 yard pass on 3rd and 6, but don't throw a 6 yard pass to him on 3rd and 8!

Going into this year, Mike may have had a spot as a WR due to his good hands, even though WRs are expected to block on occasion. However, the addition of Hill and Wilson and the unexpected surprise showing by the rookie Ezukanma means that Miami would be paying Gesicki $11 million just to be a part-time player. And now, with Shaheen on IR, Smythe is the only starting caliber TE on the team that can both catch and block because Long is still a question mark. Basically, if Gesicki can't turn into a "real" TE, then there's no room for him on the team if defenses know that he can't block and won't be in for running plays.

The majority of this post is well said and spot on. I think people need to stop tying that tag number to his role/snaps though. Grier paid him that bc he was willing to pay $11mil to extend his window to recoup something instead of letting him walk for free. If he actually elevates himself into some top tier Y tightend it’s a win for everybody and he’ll be extended. If they believed he was one he would have been extended already

Hint: don’t hold ur breath

Watching the Eagles 2nd string OL today....wish we had them

Also even Tua said in his post game interview that the play calling is basic and they haven't game planned for a running game so he is not worried/discouraged about the run game right now.
With all due respect... What is Tua gonna say publicly and with a mic in his face.......? Uh... our OL sucks... We cant run the ball worth chit.... Uh..... thank God I have a live arm because if I didnt, we'd have no offense at all......

Tua is gonna polish a turd and put a positive on anything and everything

Back
Top Bottom