Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 2 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 2

Wow thanks for informing us of this important secret.

The GM ultimately bears responsibility for the personnel choices of this team. Whether it was flores pick or not that outcome falls on Grier for allowing it.
you have a lack of reading comprehension. I said it was no secret 😂
Ha, some people.

you have a lack of reading comprehension. I said it was no secret 😂
Ha, some people.

You cant grasp sarcasm. You acting like people on this board dont know anything about this team.

At the end of the day Grier makes decisions for this team and if he allowed Flores to make a failed pick this falls on him.

Way to deflect from your crappy argument.

It's already been proven right.

Other than a few board dreamers, nobody is starting Tua over Herbert.

Grier got the most important pick wrong, and it wasn't really that difficult.
Only thing that`s been proven is that most QB`s in the league including Herbert would struggle behind a garbage o-line with coaches that don`t know how to design play`s . We had 1 guy last year that might have started on another teams o-line 1 . The rest would have been lucky to make any other teams practice squad . Hopefully alot of that can be blamed on clueless coaching and this year they can be coached up .

You cant grasp sarcasm. You acting like people on this board dont know anything about this team.

At the end of the day Grier makes decisions for this team and if he allowed Flores to make a failed pick this falls on him.

And who's still employed by the Dolphins?

Flores fired himself.

I just wanted to point out that had we drafted Johnathan Taylor then we wouldn't have Iggy AND we would have a damn good Running Back
And if frogs had wings, they wouldn't. bump dey ass when they land. What a stupid observation, so obvious. Come on Mike is that all you have? We cold have gotten one of the Bosa boys, or any other pro bowler too, so just point out the obvious and be satisfied. Bring on something worthwhile...

Iggy reminds me of Caroo. A pick that our staff thought they were smarter than everyone else with. I'm not mad, the **** happens.

and yes on Gesiki being overrated, I've maintained this take since last season. I was hoping to be proven wrong, but maybe it's just first game new contract jitters. I don't expect big numbers with our lineup, just good play.

How is my information wrong? Please answer this question: Who was GM when the pick was made? Spoiler Alert: it was Grier.

By your logic, If it’s a bad pick someone else made it, If it’s a great pick Grier made it??? That doesn’t make sense.

Grier is and was the GM. All personnel decisions are made by him.

Since your friends are in the know…Who demanded the Austin Jackson pick?? How about the Curtis Weaver pick?

If the GM gets credit for the good picks, he gets the blame for the bad ones.
Sometimes you have to be a di*k, just because. Sorry, but everybody makes bad choices, thank God it's not TannenBum...

You don’t. So I made my point

He’s neither very good nor very bad. He’s average.

He’s pretty great with finding talent in the lower rounds and also pretty good at DL and *generally* CB/S I would say is his biggest strength.

With that said, we have not picked a single OL player outside of the 1st round that has looked good (prior to Hunt) in the 15+ drafts he’s been apart of. I find that alarmingly.

He’s not excellent or horrible by any stretch… he is mediocre at drafting… no surprise we have been a 7-9/8-8/9-7 team for the better part of two decades.

I am not going to sit here and argue about how good of a scouting director Grier was. You don't know, I don't know. The fact that he has survived GM after GM tells me people think he was doing a pretty good job. GM has the final say usually. But either way we don't know. After the snake oil salesman was ousted I think its the most fair to judge him. but I'd understand if you want to judge him harshly even with Tannebum over him as he was technically the GM.

To say he's not great at picking offensive lineman after round 1 is fair based on his drafts since he was the GM. He's taken 6 lineman after round 1 as the GM. I think its obvious he did well with Hunt. Outside of him theres Eichenberg. Who I am not a fan of, but theres still a glimmer of hope.

According to NFL.com GM power rankings they have Bills GM and Rams GM listed 1 & 2. Since the Bills GM took over in 2017 hes taken 7 OL after round 1. Zero are in the Bills starting lineup. During that same time the Rams took 8 OL after round 1. They currently have 2 in the starting lineup.

Id venture to say you're grading Grier too harshly on offensive lineman outside of round 1. I wouldn't call him great, but likely pretty average. When you factor in how well hes done recently outside of that, id say hes better than average at drafting. Hes not the best, but definitely good.

Taking Tua over Herbert is a huge fail.

Right now I would say that is fair. But as someone else says, that story isn't written enough to say a huge fail. As of today, that was a bad pick. But every year, GMs have huge failures with drafting someone over another player. This isn't a bad GM thing. This is an every GM thing.

Tua needs to play the full game to earn back the starting job. Let's see if he can rack up points, sling it downfield, and impart confidence that he is the best QB on the roster. Right now he is not.

AJ again had a catastrophic failure, on the first set of the game. On the Oline there are Coleman, C Williams, Eich and AJ that without an exception will give you frequent catastrophic plays. None of them should start unless they must. My starting lineup would include none of those players.
Win back? The starting job? From who? When did he lose it?

Watching the Eagles 2nd string OL today....wish we had them
They always seem to find quality offensive linemen. I live outside of Philly and think they are a sleeper team to watch this year.

They go 10-11 deep on their OLine. I'll take anyone of their guys over, Miami's.

Wow thanks for informing us of this important secret.

The GM ultimately bears responsibility for the personnel choices of this team. Whether it was flores pick or not that outcome falls on Grier for allowing it.
Not on this site! If the pick works out the credit goes to the coach about 90% of the time. If the pick sucks then Grier sucks about 98% of the time! To most of the fans the GM credit when it's a bad pick.

Back
Top Bottom