10 million dollars to rent this O for one year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 million dollars to rent this O for one year

It actually feels like there are bad offenses everywhere in the nfl.

There's more than a couple longterm QB's whose offenses haven't gotten off the ground this year, some past their prime and some who knows. Guys like Eli are at the end of their rope and we're just now realizing it. Cam may never recover from that SB crushing. The Seahawks seem dead in their tracks now since OL and the gradual eroding of their thick stable of playmakers has taken hold. The latest crop of young QB's like Goff and Watson haven't solidified themselves as legitimate while Luck and Tannehill have been hurt. Dak is gonna have to deal with the struggles of a Sophomore who teams will just now be figuring out and will have to adjust. The Bengals have always been boom or bust but were all bust through two weeks and fired their OC.

There is offense happening, but its not coming from the places that people anticipated this year.

There's more than a couple longterm QB's whose offenses haven't gotten off the ground this year, some past their prime and some who knows. Guys like Eli are at the end of their rope and we're just now realizing it. Cam may never recover from that SB crushing. The Seahawks seem dead in their tracks now since OL and the gradual eroding of their thick stable of playmakers has taken hold. The latest crop of young QB's like Goff and Watson haven't solidified themselves as legitimate while Luck and Tannehill have been hurt. Dak is gonna have to deal with the struggles of a Sophomore who teams will just now be figuring out and will have to adjust. The Bengals have always been boom or bust but were all bust through two weeks and fired their OC.

There is offense happening, but its not coming from the places that people anticipated this year.
Pittsburgh offense which I think is overrated had been grounded call season so far.

I know Cutler is getting a lot of heat and god knows I understand. Our Oline is the pits, we need to blow that dam thing up and start fresh. Cutler was forever under pressure and no running lanes for Ajayi. One of our biggest problems have never been addressed....why are we still surprised?

It figures the Jets were allowing 185 on the ground prior to today. Why wouldn’t Ajayi get just 10 yards then?

It’s all moot though. Brady has 8 TDS and 0 INTs with almost 1,100 yards in three games. He won’t ever stop killing everyone so what Miami ever does is meaningless.

Thank heavens the team spent 10 million dollars bringing in Jay "not as bad as everyone says - honest!" Cutler to run this O for 16 games. Its been so impressive through the first 2 games

Would have been such a shame to waste that money on a Landry extension or a long term CB instead.

I feel so privlidged to get to watch Smokin Joe run this high level O for 14 more games. Would have been such a shame to let literally anyone else run it for pennies.

Is Cutler the only issue? No. But if he isnt the solution why blow all that cap space for nothing?

jay-cutler-3.jpg

Because Gase panicked like a mofo and threw away some of the team's future because he was scared to run his O with somebody who had proven to run it great last year pre the 2 ints vs pitt. Pretty much everything you said :(

I was just suprised so many fans jumped on the Cutler is good bandwagon. Hope, hype , desperation and blind faith all play a part. I was never sold on Cutler but I wanted to be proven wrong for the sake of the team.
I certainly don't remember that happening here.....I think a vast majority were either against the move or very apprehensive of it.

I never trusted the Tannenbaum hire. I knew there was going to come a time where the team would be in cap hell. Well that time has arrived. Miami is in a seriously no win situation this coming offseason. It's going to cost them 2 serviceable offensive linemen in Pouncey and James. And if Tannehill doesn't help the team with cap relief, it's going to cost them Landry. This is the scary part. Tannenbaum has said not re-signing Oliver, Matthews and Miller in 2015 gave them the ability to re-sign others in 2016 and 2017. But he doesn't included the wasted money on Mario Williams and Andre Branch both not as good as Vernon and both were and are useless. and also having to spend draft picks to replace departed players. Now you add in Cutlers $10M and you see he was trying to pull bullshit on us fans. The dominos have fallen and they aren't In Miami's favor. I can go on and on about what could, should and might have been, but it's useless now, because major damage is done.

Yeah the FO will spin things however they want when it suits them, same with a lot of fans, sad part is it is what it is, no talking can change that. Bad decisions a plenty from tbum have screwed this team's future, just by not signing cutler, rolling with a pretty decent qb in moore and having landry done already would be so much better of a future, now its all screwed up though, because of people that like to panic. When things go really wrong like they did pre the season starting this year, its best to just not panic and go with what you have and hope it works out, but don't sacrifice the teams future on a greatly reduced chance to win because things didn't go your way.

Of course we threw 10m down the drain.

But the OP says Cutler was an issue today, not the issue.

Even if it wasnt all on him, he is supposed to be a solution not a problem.

Yep. The idea of having a guy like Cutler instead of a guy like Moore is that one guy is a "starter" who theoretically has enough talent to not be shut out until 6 seconds in a game which you only got due to a timeout....against one of the worst NFL teams to enter a season outside of the Browns in recent memory.

Come to think of it, if Moore has shown the ability to have dominant multi-TD games in the clutch, and Cutler has already shown his floor that could keep on giving, what the heck is the point of Cutler?

gonna chalk it up to a bad game from alot of people on and off the field from what i saw, and see what happens next week against the saints ...if offense doesn't come to play we'll be really screwed. If i was a defensive player on this team i'd be pissed with the hands the offense keeps dealing.

Gase is going to keep playing Cutler so another roll of the dice next week....

For awhile gamecenter had Haack in at QB for a drive (more than just fake punt)....that was some head scratching stuff lol.

all hail captain hindsight

but i am happy that adam gase took a chance with cutler versus trot out moore for 16 games - and that won't change because the dolphins do the same thing they've done to me, regardless of who's at qb, for the last 10 years.

Yeah the FO will spin things however they want when it suits them, same with a lot of fans, sad part is it is what it is, no talking can change that. Bad decisions a plenty from tbum have screwed this team's future, just by not signing cutler, rolling with a pretty decent qb in moore and having landry done already would be so much better of a future, now its all screwed up though, because of people that like to panic. When things go really wrong like they did pre the season starting this year, its best to just not panic and go with what you have and hope it works out, but don't sacrifice the teams future on a greatly reduced chance to win because things didn't go your way.
I agree with you. It's hard to watch a game like today, because you know in your heart that trouble awaits ahead. It's great that they had a winning season last year, but Tannehill not having that surgery has really put the team in a bind. Everything was looking up until disaster struck on the day he reinjured himself. Gase may be able to rally the players once again, but it doesn't excuse what Tannenbaum or who ever in the F/O made those decisions. No matter how you spin it, players are going to get cut just to get under the cap, without any guarantees they'll re-sign at a cheaper rate. You're right, it is what it is. If they don't turn it around this season, my guess is it'll be another rebuild shortly there after.

I certainly don't remember that happening here.....I think a vast majority were either against the move or very apprehensive of it.

I said it all along. For one, Cutler is terrible. Two, the best course of action for this team would be to bring in anyone but the one player who would have to come here as uncontested starter. Now that Cutler is playing like, well, Jay Cutler, the team will lose all face with a QB change. If they brought in anybody else they had the option to start the best player to win, which may have been the guy who has a good record as Dolphins QB, and could change starting QB's without losing face.

all hail captain hindsight

but i am happy that adam gase took a chance with cutler versus trot out moore for 16 games - and that won't change because the dolphins do the same thing they've done to me, regardless of who's at qb, for the last 10 years.

Hindsight? Cutler not playing well is hardly breaking news.

Back
Top Bottom