10 million dollars to rent this O for one year | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 million dollars to rent this O for one year

Is it possible Gase is protecting Cutler since he is likely to have quite a bit of rust coming out of retirement? The plan was to run heavy with Ajayi and most of Cutler's passes the 1st 2 weeks have been short check-down types early in the game. When the Jets stuffed Ajayi our offense had nothing else to offer.

Is it possible Gase is protecting Cutler since he is likely to have quite a bit of rust coming out of retirement? The plan was to run heavy with Ajayi and most of Cutler's passes the 1st 2 weeks have been short check-down types early in the game. When the Jets stuffed Ajayi our offense had nothing else to offer.
He didn't look rusty in the second half vs Chargers.

I remember seeing a view of Cutler and he looked like one of those walkers on game of thrones. I don't know if it was the camera lighting or what but he looked sickly pale. Maybe he isn't used to the heat yet, they said it was damn hot in NY yesterday.

He didn't look rusty in the second half vs Chargers.

I remember seeing a view of Cutler and he looked like one of those walkers on game of thrones. I don't know if it was the camera lighting or what but he looked sickly pale. Maybe he isn't used to the heat yet, they said it was damn hot in NY yesterday.

Maybe he was sickly pale because Gase called a running play on every 2nd & long yesterday.

Maybe he was sickly pale because Gase called a running play on every 2nd & long yesterday.

I’m so stick and tired of Gase calling a run on 2nd and long. It’s just fvcking stupid and especially when the defense is stacking the box. But, the QB should audible in that situation even if he isn’t allowed to.

Gase seem like good coach. it just one game. I know it jets. I am not sold on cutler any more.....time will tell.

I’m so stick and tired of Gase calling a run on 2nd and long. It’s just fvcking stupid and especially when the defense is stacking the box. But, the QB should audible in that situation even if he isn’t allowed to.

He's trying to limit the sticks exposure and with that qb play you shouldn't blame him

Cutler isn't the only bum stealing money from the Dolphins. THANKS TANNENBUM.

The Dolphins will never win anything while he's still here. Let's hope he gets fired when Gase does and doesn't get a chance to pick another coach.
Already calling for Gase to get fired too?! ..lol you people are a joke

Already calling for Gase to get fired too?! ..lol you people are a joke

I'm not calling for it (though Gase has had a terrible couple of games). I'm just expecting the inevitable. We've already seen that Ross favors GMs over head coaches.

IMO the blocking up front looked terrible because the Jets were constantly stacking the box. I wonder what audible options Cutler has? Last year in those situations Tannehill was able to change the play every time. I've really seen none of that from Cutler, just changing the blocking/protection schemes. They were daring Cutler to beat them and he couldn't. In the second half Cutler had plenty of open looks that were just flat out shitty throws. That missed TD to Landry and the INT intended for Landry were two of the worst throws I've ever seen.

Cutler has decemt movement in the pocket but when he can't get his feet set those throws are awful. He also can't keep drives alive with his legs which really hurts. There were a few time he could have scrambled for the 1st but just threw wounded ducks to covered receivers that luckily landed incomplete. Looks like I'm going to get a lot of hunting and fishing in this fall if this is the QB play one can expect for 14 more games.

I figured this board would be smattered with Cutler threads today, but had no idea to what degree. No, he didn't play well and no I'm not an apologist, but the play calls were awful, and I'm not certain he missed open guys that much. The OL couldn't establish the run, and after a couple of NYJ scores, their D pinned their ears back and came after him. This looked no different than how I've seen Eli Manning play all year for the same reason. Carr looked similar, if not worse, last night. I'm a big fan of Gase (so far), but there was never once anything that resembled rhythm to our play calling yesterday and it impacted Cutler for sure. Also, I'm fine with play action, but this run/pass option thing they have him doing is a joke. He's faking the hand-off about 1 second after Ajayi has blown past him. It's laughable. That is not Jay's game. It's incredible short-sighted to pin this one on Cutler, though he looked completely lost yesterday. Also, any High School QB could complete a pass into the middle of Mia's defense right now without problems (on any down and situation).

Since when has it been a bad idea to call a running play on second and long? The whole idea is to have manageable third downs, not to force yourself to try and get first down on second down. Only bad coaches/playcallers waive the white flag on the running game after first down. Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman say hi.

Since when has it been a bad idea to call a running play on second and long? The whole idea is to have manageable third downs, not to force yourself to try and get first down on second down. Only bad coaches/playcallers waive the white flag on the running game after first down. Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman say hi.

I agree. If you have a good look for the running game on 2nd and 10, and a running back like Jay Ajayi, there's nothing wrong with pounding the rock to try to set up 3rd and 4-6.

Cutler is not at fault. Play calling was garbage as well as the O-line. For all the 3 and outs I think are Defense held there own.

Back
Top Bottom