2022 Miami Dolphins QB.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Ross is great at hosting Superbowls. Nice shiny stadium helped. He's loving it in Jan/Feb.
Packers havnt upgraded their sacred ground in 1000yrs and they are still playing in NFC Championship games and Superbowls instead of hosting for other teams. I couldn't even tell you who owns them. Miami are already better known more now for its NFL post season hospitality than its sports team.

Well we all need to prepare ourselves for Watson rumors this offseason yet again....

I understand making a move for Watson would be a huge move since it could finally bring a legitimate pro bowl QB to Miami for years to come.

I understand Tua still is young with potential and he hasn't had much help as a starter in the NFL.

So what do we do? Do we take the chance on trading all our future draft picks and inherit Watson's huge deal to solidify the QB position once and for all? Or do we use all those draft picks and cap space to go all in when it comes to building an offense for Tua so we can see what he really has.

I understand fans want to contend immediately and don't want to wait another year to see what Tua has. But wouldn't riding out one more year with Tua be the smartest thing to do as long as we prioritize building the offense through 2022 free agency and the 2022 draft?

Best case scenario if we gave Tua one more year to prove himself would be that we finally found our franchise QB and have a nice offense built around for the future....
Worst case scenario if we gave Tua one more year would be Tua not showing much improvent with talent around him on offense, Miami finding out Tua's ceiling has basically peaked out, and Miami having another mediocre season....

Why the worst case scenario isn't bad....
Miami would still have potential scattered out throughout the offense as long as they spend a good amount of 2022 cap space on fixing the offense as well as using some high 2022 picks on offense. The offense would have one big hole and that's no franchise QB..... I'm assuming Watson would already be traded by then so we'd likely miss out on him by giving Tua one more year but what about the 2023 draft? The 2023 QB prospects are not bad by any means and Miami would have 2 first round picks in 2023, thanks to San Fran, as well as our 2024 & 2025 first round pick.

Assuming our personal 2023 1st round is a mid 1st and the 49ers 2023 1st round is a mid first, couldn't we package those 2 first, future 1sts and some 2nds and 3rds to move up for one of the top 2023 QBs in the draft? We'd have an offense built for him as long as we spend our money and draft well this offseason. At that point, we'd be going all in for a top QB prospect to be our franchise QB one more time.

Wouldn't giving Tua one more chance, going on all this offseason to build the team around him, and worst case going all in for a 2023 top QB prospect be smarter than trading all our future draft picks and taking on Watsons huge contract this offseason? Especially since our options would be limited when it comes to building around Watson if we made a blockbuster trade for him?

Tua is under contract for 2022 and 2023, so he will be the Dolphins QB. For the next two years the Dolphins may add to the roster OL and DL linemen, running back (s), DB's etc... and evaluate the QB position again two years from now.

Also, any new QB in 2023 will actually have a team built around him unlike what Tua has had to prove himself.
Not if Grier and Flores are still here. They couldn't even build an average o-line or running game in 3 years after having a ton of draft picks; they even ignored the RB position in the draft. With the exception of Waddle, they did NOTHING to help their young QB. They are clueless when it comes to building a decent, effective offense. It's Year #3 and they have the worst o-line and running game in the league, and their total net points are -41. Miami will not be going anywhere until Grier and Flores are replaced.

If you get Watson (massage rapist), why stop there? Get Jamies Winston (crab legs and sex assault) as Watsons backup. Pick up a few other morally and ethically challenged starters for the online and the D while you are at it. 👍

I'd take Winston as my backup. I'd probably start him over Tua too quite honestly, not even meaning that as a knock on Tua. Winston turns it over but he also moves the ball quite effectively.

Well... I certainly hope not. My loving wife just bought me a great pair of sweats with Marino on them and if we actually make another move for Watson, I won't be able to wear them.

You would actually stop rooting for a team because someone cleared of their allegations played for them?

Assuming of course we only traded once any potential charges were dismissed.

We all know first round draft picks bust at a rate of a dime a dozen. Trade those Picks and lock up a franchise QB. It’s been long enough.

You would actually stop rooting for a team because someone cleared of their allegations played for them?

Assuming of course we only traded once any potential charges were dismissed.
Let me take a crack at this...

There is a MAJOR difference between 'not guilty' in a court of criminal law, and not guilty of actually doing the crime. To wit, Michael Jackson was found 'not guilty' of child abuse in a court of law. O.J. Simpson was found 'not guilty' of murder.

In Harvey Weinstein's case, as well in the case of Jimmy Savile, those around these two men knew they were guilty of everything they were accused of. Hell, Johnny Rotten outed Jimmy Savile in 1978 on live television... and the BBC banned Johnny, rather than take a hard look at their pederast hero.

...and this is how it goes for the famous and the powerful; they get away with it more often than not. Too many people have an interest in these men and their continued success. The house money is always with the powerful.

Now, I am open to the notion of a false accusation in any case... when there is a single victim, but this isn't the case with Watson, any more than it was the case with Weinstein, Jackson, Savile, or Epstein. In all of these cases, there were literally DOZENS of accusers, DOZENS of women, DOZENS of children who told the God's honest truth about those who've abused them.

Now, Deshaun may spend millions of dollars to make this go away. One of the princes of England is doing his best to make his abuse of underaged women provided to him by Epstein go away as we speak... but that prince is trash too.

Watson is trash. He is a serial sexual abuser of women on the margins. He has abused his power; he has abused his fame; he has abused the fact of his gender. He is the very personification of a monster. In my view, it would be a moral failing to root for him.

Now, I'm not going to tell you that you can't root for him, any more than I'd tell you how to vote or which faith/religion to believe in. I'm telling you how I feel... what I believe, and I believe that Deshaun Watson is a human cancerous growth on the NFL and he should be excised permanently, so yes... if Watson pays off the women he has abused and the NFL fails to ashcan him, I will root against ANY team who signs him, even my own treasured Dolphins.

Not if Grier and Flores are still here. They couldn't even build an average o-line or running game in 3 years after having a ton of draft picks; they even ignored the RB position in the draft. With the exception of Waddle, they did NOTHING to help their young QB. They are clueless when it comes to building a decent, effective offense. It's Year #3 and they have the worst o-line and running game in the league, and their total net points are -41. Miami will not be going anywhere until Grier and Flores are replaced.
Waddle, Phillips, Holland, Raekwon, Hunt, Wilkens, Jones, Ginkel and I'll give Eichenberg and Long more time. That's some pretty damn good talent in the last 3 drafts.
I'll give Grier and Flores another year no problem to prove they can correct it.

Let me take a crack at this...

There is a MAJOR difference between 'not guilty' in a court of criminal law, and not guilty of actually doing the crime. To wit, Michael Jackson was found 'not guilty' of child abuse in a court of law. O.J. Simpson was found 'not guilty' of murder.

In Harvey Weinstein's case, as well in the case of Jimmy Savile, those around these two men knew they were guilty of everything they were accused of. Hell, Johnny Rotten outed Jimmy Savile in 1978 on live television... and the BBC banned Johnny, rather than take a hard look at their pederast hero.

...and this is how it goes for the famous and the powerful; they get away with it more often than not. Too many people have an interest in these men and their continued success. The house money is always with the powerful.

Now, I am open to the notion of a false accusation in any case... when there is a single victim, but this isn't the case with Watson, any more than it was the case with Weinstein, Jackson, Savile, or Epstein. In all of these cases, there were literally DOZENS of accusers, DOZENS of women, DOZENS of children who told the God's honest truth about those who've abused them.

Now, Deshaun may spend millions of dollars to make this go away. One of the princes of England is doing his best to make his abuse of underaged women provided to him by Epstein go away as we speak... but that prince is trash too.

Watson is trash. He is a serial sexual abuser of women on the margins. He has abused his power; he has abused his fame; he has abused the fact of his gender. He is the very personification of a monster. In my view, it would be a moral failing to root for him.

Now, I'm not going to tell you that you can't root for him, any more than I'd tell you how to vote or which faith/religion to believe in. I'm telling you how I feel... what I believe, and I believe that Deshaun Watson is a human cancerous growth on the NFL and he should be excised permanently, so yes... if Watson pays off the women he has abused and the NFL fails to ashcan him, I will root against ANY team who signs him, even my own treasured Dolphins.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion this deep because mods would probably not like that very much.

I do want to say, I agree IF he is a sexual predator he's a horrible human being.

I'll just say that my interpretation of the allegations is entirely different. I believe that Watson thought most of these girls were sex workers offering extra "services" based on my experiences with people who have been on both sides of that sort of transaction. I can easily see how if you're doing what he did a lot, there could be many misunderstandings that pile up and look way worse than they are through embellishment rather than the alleged victims outright lying.

Waddle, Phillips, Holland, Raekwon, Hunt, Wilkens, Jones, Ginkel and I'll give Eichenberg and Long more time. That's some pretty damn good talent in the last 3 drafts.
I'll give Grier and Flores another year no problem to prove they can correct it.
I see your point. However, IMO they're better at picking defensive guys than offensive guys. Jackson really sucks, and IMO so does Eichenberg. Long was a wasted pick because he wasn't needed and rarely sees the field. I could understand if they were only responsible for the defense, then they could stay. But i don't think that they can build a good offense.

No thank you to Russell. He'll be 34 next season and his numbers have been regressing some since the 2nd half of last season. He is still good but I don't believe he could carry our offense at all. Russell has had a bad line in Seattle but our oline is even worse. Russell has also had a much better run game in Seattle. He also has DK and Lockett in Seattle while we just have Waddle.

I'd much rather just stick with Tua than go after Russell.
I do believe Wilson not playing as great as usual this season was his fractured finger and even though he was back. He came back sooner than ready. He's starting to look like former Wilson now. He threw for 4 tds last week.

I see your point. However, IMO they're better at picking defensive guys than offensive guys. Jackson really sucks, and IMO so does Eichenberg. Long was a wasted pick because he wasn't needed and rarely sees the field. I could understand if they were only responsible for the defense, then they could stay. But i don't think that they can build a good offense.
A good start would be hiring a proven Oline coach and let him pick some FA's to build the group.

Watson supporters you should realize that there a possibility that Watson cannot overcome the mess of 2 OC's, a horrible O line rookie coach, and a HC that turns it on only in the second half of the season.
If this happens, is it Watson who is at fault or the other contributors I mentioned? Just wondering if the Watson guys are even thinking if it's a possibility that he is not the missing piece to the playoffs.

I find myself wondering... just how good would we be if the front office was not obsessed with 'bama players?

Herbert was clearly the better choice, just as Jamar Chase would have looked fantastic as his running buddy... but instead, we went small ball and undersized. It's almost like they don't understand football at all.
Well I do believe Chase would've been greatly limited on miami's offense with crap o line, no run game, no WR threat other than him and Tua not slinging it. Chase is great but also benefited from Burrow, good wrs with him and offense. I like Waddle, him putting up the catches and getting open left and right shows how fast he can get seperation when d line collapses around Tua. Waddle's talent is being wasted, the dude can burn cbs deep, Tua isn't launching it nor does the offense seems to be that way. Waddle caught a deep pass vs titans from Tua, but it;s so sporadic for miami to go deep. I honestly feel, Waddle's speed, his route running, he'd be having huge yards if he was playing for the bengals right now. And chase would be limited to what he's capable on miami's offense.

Back
Top Bottom