Adam Gase: 'We haven't come through on offense for two years' | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase: 'We haven't come through on offense for two years'

well that's a stupid T&C. Remove that for the next coach including the pressers. whole thing is dumb. Results are left on the field. What else is there to say. If someone cares about the "publicity" that is 10% of our problem right there.

It's an NFL rule. Just like players must be made available to the media, head coaches must be available to the media every week, and coordinators have to be made available at times, too.

as for juice you can damn well bet if need be his agent will flat out say in negotiations the qb was the problem

and he'd be right

In the 2016 regular season, Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore had a combined 101.8 passer rating when throwing to Jarvis Landry.

In the 2017 regular season thus far, Jay Cutler and Matt Moore have a combined 79.1 passer rating when throwing to Jarvis Landry.

Well, he's certainly got a case.

I'm sure he understands that he had a decent QB last year and this year he does not. Why don't the fans get that? This is the only major difference between this year and last on offense. People are always looking to place the blame, but the answer is simple. And his playcalling is a reflection of reigning in Cutler to not make mistakes thus maybe giving us a chance to win. If he turns Cutler loose we have no chance to win (at least in Gase's eyes).

A number of reports indicate Landry isn't running proper routes or making a commitment off the field. Trying to dispute that on personal observation doesn't change that. As for fans not getting it, I think fans do. It seems those who don't 'get it' (partially) are those who've spent Landry's career praising him as the 'emotional leader' of the team and giving THAT as the reason to keep him. It's hard to argue he's the emotional leader THIS year. Leaders set examples. Leaders try to inspire the team under the worst circumstances. Don't read this wrong. I'm a Landry fan and would love to have him back, but I am not so blinded by emotion I can't see he's not the leader he was and evidence suggests he's not putting in an NFL effort.

Yeah, I don't want to admit it but OH it's true, it's damn true!

I live in the heart of Patsy country, about 30 minutes from Gillette. I don't even like talking football with Pats fans and it's been like that for 10 years. They just don't get anything. In the eyes of a Pats fan them and like 2 other teams have a QB. We definitely do NOT have one even when Ryan is healthy. In fact I get asked all the time if we're drafting QB early and when I say Miami loves Tannehill I get funny looks. WEEI Boston was going over the rest of NE's schedule and of course they thing it's a joke but you'll be happy to know we're the only team they laughed hysterically at. They were having a gay old time at our expense cracking on Forester and assuming there's much more of that sort of thing going on here. It's sickening and a testament to my loyalty, a curse more than a blessing, that I haven't just started rooting for the home team. This is why I have 2 modes during football season, root for Miami, and once they're done, anyone but NE. I'm already in anybody but NE mode now. This is also why I love the fact that Rex and Sanchez went into Foxboro and won a playoff game. Believe me, that one hurt just wish it could be us.

Tannehill's record against the Pats from 2013 is probably the best in football for teams that have played the Pats numerous times.

Landry has definitely ****ed up some coverage reads. That much is true, it shows up clear as day if you were stupid like me and paid for the NFL game package that includes ALL-22. You can see him carry his routes into coverage instead of away from it, and then the quarterback throws the ball away from coverage.

There's a huge difference between saying that Landry is a bad player and saying that he needs to improve that aspect of his game, obviously. But I agree, he needs to improve that aspect of his game if he's gonna demand top 5 money.

Tannehill's record against the Pats from 2013 is probably the best in football for teams that have played the Pats numerous times.

The Broncos have cycled through a bunch of starters, including some bums, and beaten the Patriots a bunch of times. Then they fired Wade Phillips. Oops!

word came down though that they pulled option routes off the table...I'm not sure I buy that though cause by and large guys work away from leverage still

but I'm sorry there's no excuse for missing entire horizontal width of the field crossers like stills ran the other night by like 10 yards high and over the top...wtf...he missed parker on a seam route vertical by like 20 feet and 10 yards too...that's separate from all those awful placed balls

that's the worst qb tape in terms of time to set up guys open and missing I've seen in a while...yeah he makes some coverage reads many guys can't but good grief the finish was non existent

word came down though that they pulled option routes off the table...I'm not sure I buy that though cause by and large guys work away from leverage still

but I'm sorry there's no excuse for missing entire horizontal width of the field crossers like stills ran the other night by like 10 yards high and over the top...wtf...he missed parker on a seam route vertical by like 20 feet and 10 yards too...that's separate from all those awful placed balls

that's the worst qb tape in terms of time to set up guys open and missing I've seen in a while...yeah he makes some coverage reads many guys can't but good grief the finish was non existent

I know exactly which passes you are talking about. The Stills crosser was so bad that even Blake Bortles would have been embarrassed to throw that football.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing David Fales get some game snaps at this point.

in the 2nd half I counted 3 balls into triple coverage...got away with all 3...well more like double coverage with a 3rd defender just following his eyes

triple coverage...how many times you seen tannehill throw a ball into triple coverage period?

Not fair though, that 08 patriots team was an all star team on offense. They could have had Matt Moore leading them and would have won 11 games. It's amazinf we were able to take the division even with Matt Cassel at QB. Remember virtually the same team didn't lose the season before. Tough to compare the 08 Pats with the 17 fins.

I was just stating the fact they only lost 5 games. Yeah they were stacked

What he has tried hasn't produced better results so time to keep trying other things. Even meatball tried things like the wildcat. If this guy is supposedly an offensive guru ,even with the limitations he has personnel wise, he should be able to produce better than the garbage we have seen. I am tired of hearing excuses from him and tired of the people with aqua colored glasses defending everything this guy does. His team was unprepared and started slow in most games last year, difference is he had a better QB and faced weaker opponents. This year we are seeing the same issues, starting slow, undisciplined players, players that are unprepared. Sorry but as Head Coach it is Gase's job to resolve these issues.

Oh, that's obvious. The OP seemed to imply he's just sat on his hands and not tried anything.

True but believe me, Pats fans still think we need a QB. I get ragged on all the time for Tannehill's contract, never mind his play. When they have the best not much I can say. There is no doubt in my mind that the average Pats fan thought the QB rankings in the AFC East went like this in August.

Brady
Garroplo
Brissett
Lots of distance
Tannehill
Taylor
Whatever the Jets were rolling out

Not even sure of the order of the non pats QB's.

I'm sure he understands that he had a decent QB last year and this year he does not. Why don't the fans get that? This is the only major difference between this year and last on offense. People are always looking to place the blame, but the answer is simple. And his playcalling is a reflection of reigning in Cutler to not make mistakes thus maybe giving us a chance to win. If he turns Cutler loose we have no chance to win (at least in Gase's eyes).

Yeah, But you know, then that would mean folks can't put it all on him and folks love to blame the head-coach for everything. Player gets arrested, slips and fall out of the bathroom, drop balls, don't know their assignments, get in altercations with their wives/husbands.

It's all on the coach.

Back
Top Bottom