Adam Schein RIPS Tannehill; calls Miami and Cleveland Amateur Hour for considering | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schein RIPS Tannehill; calls Miami and Cleveland Amateur Hour for considering

No idea whom this guy is but I agree with him. I don't see what Tannehill has accomplished on the field in a conference with terrible D's that would warrant getting picked in the top 10. I don't see a guy that can come in and start in his first year. I'm not even sure I see him starting year two.

IMO that is not the picture of a guy that should be drafted at 8. I doubt there is a Fin fan alive that doesn't want us to finally find a QB. Problem is the stars didn't align for this year. No shot at Luck or RG3 and our FO struck out (intentionally or not) on Manning and Flynn. Doesn't mean you should compound the problem by overdrafting the spot to fix it. The kid clearly has athletic talent, but IMO he's long way from being an NFL QB.

Go with what we have and go balls out to secure a top 5 pick next year. At this point there could be 4 and maybe up to 6 worthy of a 1st round grade which is clearly deeper class than this year. With Moore and Garrard we may find ourselves with top 5 pick and not need to trade up.

Tannehill will be fine. He has the character and work ethic and as long as he sits and learns for a year, he will make his mark. He has all the tools. He also will have a full deck of cards to play with because the next best thing at ILB is Kuechly. I dont see us in much need of Keuchly. We have four inside guys now including Mitchell who has played very well. At WR, we will be drafting a couple this year.

Its time to get your QB.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

They used to say this about Michigan QB's...until Brady.

No Big 12 QB has ever won a playoff game. Last QB to do so was Kordell Stewart when it was the Big 8. They just aren't made for the pros.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

best ivy league qb i ever saw ? jay fiedler.

And that ivy league QB has won one more playoff game than any starting Big 12 QB.

BOOM. Headshot.

No Big 12 QB has ever won a playoff game. Last QB to do so was Kordell Stewart when it was the Big 8. They just aren't made for the pros.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

And that ivy league QB has won one more playoff game than any starting Big 12 QB.

BOOM. Headshot.

I can gaurantee you this, Tannehill will be tons better than Fitzpatrick by miles.

I agree about Tannehill. I think he's a project and getting him doesn't help us at all now. We can win now with Moore at QB if we give him some weapons. What would you think of picking Floyd at #8, and then grabbing Weeden or Osweiler later in the draft? I'm not sure how we can possibly replace Marshall.

Who the F is Adam Schein...I've heard of Adam Shefter, but not this guy. If Sherman feels he is the guy for us, that is enough for me. Cleveland has a choice to make...and I think they will take Blackmon, but we shall see.

Tannenhill is garbage. All Big 12 QBs are.

Such a weak, lazy and uneducated wannabe arguement. Judge the player. If you don't like him, fine but put some thought and logic into it. Judging him based on past QB failures that played in the same conference is so lazy and sophomoric.

If Miami drafts Tannehill they are stupid. If they don't draft a QB early he rips them for not addressing the QB situation and "settling" for projects in the middle rounds.

With him you can never win. No matter what Miami does they are wrong.

The Jets add Tebow and its brilliant. If Miami added Tebow its a circus and the owner is a clown! Cant win!

I disagree, i'm all for getting a qb, but i'm not for reaching for a guy. I've watched Tannenhill a few times this season, and i just don't see anything that great about him. The Mike Sherman element is a doubled edged sword in my mind; he may have the best knowledge of him, but he also may have too much bias to give a legitimate scouting report on a guy he had a hand in developing. I want a QB badly, but i don't just want to spend a 1st round pick on one just to get it over with.

Tannehill will be fine. He has the character and work ethic and as long as he sits and learns for a year, he will make his mark. He has all the tools. He also will have a full deck of cards to play with because the next best thing at ILB is Kuechly. I dont see us in much need of Keuchly. We have four inside guys now including Mitchell who has played very well. At WR, we will be drafting a couple this year.

Its time to get your QB.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

They used to say this about Michigan QB's...until Brady.

Your assessment looks alot like that made of Henne. Except Henne didn't get drafted in a weak year for QB's. If he had, maybe he would have been a TOP 10 QB.

i don't think this is all that much about what philbin wants...if it was i believe matt flynn would be in miami...this is about what ireland wants and he wants the measurables the athleticism and the upside...and sherman i'm sure is also driving this train...

lets just hope like hell that for once ireland and company get this damn qb thing right...just don't hold your breath on it...the thing about tannehill though is there's a built in excuse of he needs to sit for a year or two which ireland can play to ross or sherman can for that matter while this team treads water at the position...and i don't know about you guys but i'm sick and damn tired of waiting...for a qb and for this damn team to turn the corner...i just want tannehill should he the pick to show enough where he gets run in 2012 so i potentially have something to look forward to for the future...the last thing i want to freakin see is us take a qb in the top 10 who can't beat out or warrant some run in 2012 against the likes of matt moore and david garrard...come on kid you have a full offseason unlike the 2011 class and you have played in a pro offense and west coast one to boot...you're a top 10 damn pick get it done...beat out these guys and solidify the position for the next decade...or blow chunks gabbert style and let me know in 2013 where the top pick draft attention needs to be...

Back
Top Bottom