Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
HThis is Gases way of changing the culture. It started last year with leaving Ajayi home game one because of his attitude then, followed by the two OLinemen canned. Then benched maxwell for some time. This year he has canned maxwell and sent ajayi packing to show the lockeroom, if you don't put in the effort and do it the way I teach, we will replace you, and status doesn't matter....

This is not a good way to gain respect. Its not a sign of a good leader. Chips are down? I'll bench or sack someone. I'm sick of hearing Gase blame everyone else, there's always an excuse.

I guess I will be the minority opinion on this one. I saw this news this morning and I just said "Huh? Okay." You had to figure this was going to happen after the coach called him out explicitly in a press conference stating that he kept losing yards trying to bounce runs outside for a home run instead of following blocking that was there and helping the team get first downs.

We had a historically bad offense through 7 games with Jay Ajayi as our starting RB. Our offense is probably still going to be historically bad without him. It might be worse. Hey, that's a better draft pick!
I am with ya.

Good value for a malcontent player, Miami is building its team the right way, Philly is not. But since Philly has played cupcakes the first half of the year, everyone thinks they are great, but they are not building through the draft and that will catch up to them in the long run.

While the first part is debatable...the Eagles absolutely built their team the right way. They built their core through the draft. The complimentary pieces came through trades/FA

message to locker room... I will trade you to the best team in the league if you make me mad. you will be in playoffs and feel glory. I'm starting to think gase is truly psycho. have you ever seen what he does after a win when someone tries to congratulate him? he shoves them away like they have a contagious disease.

I always liked Ajayi, but if he's not putting in the work, he's gotta go.

Get rid of all the divas not doing their jobs. Don't care who they are.

Exactly! Clearly, there is some in-house problems with this team and if the coaching staff has IDed Jay as one of those problems then guess what? His A$$ needs to go. If Landry is another one of those problems then guess what? His A#$ needs to go too.

Dolphins first before any one player!

Jay is a good back but not worth this hysteria!

Good value for a malcontent player, Miami is building its team the right way, Philly is not. But since Philly has played cupcakes the first half of the year, everyone thinks they are great, but they are not building through the draft and that will catch up to them in the long run.

Lol @ us "building our team the right way" are you on mind control drugs?

When we cut Byron Maxwell after it was revealed that the coaching staff was at its wit's end over his freelancing / refusal to play the defense that was called, did anyone object? No.

We traded Jay Ajayi after it was revealed that the coaching staff was at its wit's end over his freelancing / refusal to run the way the plays were drawn up. We object because he had a couple of two hundred yard games against Buffalo last season.

Again, I just feel nothing. I don't know.

When we cut Byron Maxwell after it was revealed that the coaching staff was at its wit's end over his freelancing / refusal to play the defense that was called, did anyone object? No.

We traded Jay Ajayi after it was revealed that the coaching staff was at its wit's end over his freelancing / refusal to run the way the plays were drawn up. We object because he had a couple of two hundred yard games against Buffalo last season.

Lol...you know how fans are. Lol!

I guess I will be the minority opinion on this one. I saw this news this morning and I just said "Huh? Okay." You had to figure this was going to happen after the coach called him out explicitly in a press conference stating that he kept losing yards trying to bounce runs outside for a home run instead of following blocking that was there and helping the team get first downs.

We had a historically bad offense through 7 games with Jay Ajayi as our starting RB. Our offense is probably still going to be historically bad without him. It might be worse. Hey, that's a better draft pick!

This.

Do your job. Maxwell freelanced. Bye. Ajayi freelanced. Bye.

DO YOUR ******* JOB. It's frustrating that they only got a 4th for him. But I don't know that his trade value would have gone up at all after this point.

Apparently freelancing gets you cut, benched or traded. Message being sent.

Moving Ajayi was a message to the locker room. Your reputation and past performance is irrelevant -- if you're not putting in the work today and don't have the right attitude, you're not going to be around much longer.
Gase didn't like him last year and was desperate to replace him before the year when he had no reputation or past performance. His performance that year turned out to be spectacular and he completely earned every carry. His effort is what made him successful.

The only message Gase is sending is that he's a petty little dictator who is over his head.

He also leads the league in broken tackles and yards after contact. He is a top 5 back in the league. Maxwell was garbage. No comparison.

ok but a deep 4th rd pick? we traded a 5th for STAPHONE ANTHONY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom