Allright Gators fans, here it is...LSU vs. Florida week. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allright Gators fans, here it is...LSU vs. Florida week.

LSU will win, Russel is an awesome QB and that defense is extremely good

Motion said:
I'd bet the farm that this will be the game that they debut the Leak/Tebow package where they are both on the field. I know they've been working on it in practice. I'm still in shock over Leak's 45 yard run from saturday, sad that it took so long to see he has some speed.
:yes:
I don't know that Tebow is nifty enough for RB in that role, but I'm excited to see it. There's talk about Marcus Manson stepping up this week, and Meyer also said that Percy Harvin is more than capable of playing the entire game at RB (I'm sure his health is the caveat here). No link, it was in this morning's paper.

finswin56 said:
:yes:
I don't know that Tebow is nifty enough for RB in that role, but I'm excited to see it. There's talk about Marcus Manson stepping up this week, and Meyer also said that Percy Harvin is more than capable of playing the entire game at RB (I'm sure his health is the caveat here). No link, it was in this morning's paper.
Doesn't mean Tebow would line up as a RB, more misdirection than anything. I read an article this morning that stated the opposite on both accounts unfortunately.

"Markus has made a little push in the last week," Meyer said. "The evaluation of tailbacks usually happens in the spring. It's not a tryout camp anymore. We've got to get a guy ready. Markus has shown some improvement.

"Someone has to play. My educated guess would be that Markus Manson would make that step. He has to do it Tuesday and Wednesday (in practice)."
Doesn't sound very promising.

Meyer said true freshman wide receiver Percy Harvin might line up some at tailback if he's able to play in Saturday's game. Harvin sustained a high ankle sprain against Tennessee and missed the Alabama game and played only one play in the Kentucky game.

"The way the first half went (against Alabama), we needed him," Meyer said. "He was not ready."

Harvin will be evaluated this week in practice. His status for Saturday is uncertain.
Also read somewhere, Meyer said hopefully Percy can help but he knows he's not a tailback, and can't play the whole game there.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
UF will win, Leak is an awesome QB and that defense is extremely good
compared to Russel, Leak sucks. sorry but it's the truth. Leak is a product of the system he's in. Russel is a good NFL prospect

nick1 said:
compared to Russel, Leak sucks. sorry but it's the truth. Leak is a product of the system he's in. Russel is a good NFL prospect

What does that have to do with the gators winning

Motion said:
Doesn't mean Tebow would line up as a RB, more misdirection than anything. I read an article this morning that stated the opposite on both accounts unfortunately.

Doesn't sound very promising.

Also read somewhere, Meyer said hopefully Percy can help but he knows he's not a tailback, and can't play the whole game there.
That's what I get for reading the Jax papers :lol:

Get Up And Go said:
What does that have to do with the gators winning
just saying why Russel is better than Leak, as for the game Leak will do fine but it will be up to Tebow to run the ball. otherwise the Gators won't be able to run and will be one dimensional. that would be a disaster for the Gators

Leak and Russel are about equal...Leak may be slightly better.
I believe these are the 2 best teams in the SEC...better than Auburn, in my opinion.

Both defenses are STOUT, but LSU's impresses me a tad more. I'd call this a push. Will be pulling for the Gators, though.

nick1 said:

:sidelol: Which QB leads the nation in passing efficiency? Which QB is in the Heisman race? Nice try......

nick1 said:
i agree. but...this is college. not the NFL.

nick1 said:
Its not the truth, its your uneducated opinion. This post shows exactly how clueless you are. Leak is a product of his system??? Are you serious??? How can you be a product of the system when you play for 3 different Offensive Coordinators in 4 years? Leak is a pocket passer and doesn't fit in the option system yet he still leads the nation in passing efficiency. Yes, Russell is a better NFL prospect based on size alone, but last I checked this is the College Football forum.

:woot:

It appears Florida's offense will receive a speedy boost heading into Saturday's game against the nation's No. 1 defense.
True freshman wide receiver Percy Harvin is on target to return after missing most of the past three games with a high ankle sprain, UF coach Urban Meyer said Monday.
"This week, I'm understanding he should be pretty close to 100 percent. He'll play this week," Meyer said. "I'm 99 percent sure he'll play this week."

Motion said:
Its not the truth, its your uneducated opinion. This post shows exactly how clueless you are. Leak is a product of his system??? Are you serious??? How can you be a product of the system when you play for 3 different Offensive Coordinators in 4 years? Leak is a pocket passer and doesn't fit in the option system yet he still leads the nation in passing efficiency. Yes, Russell is a better NFL prospect based on size alone, but last I checked this is the College Football forum.
it's not based on size alone, Russel has a stronger arm which is very important and he is also more mobile in my opinion. Leak might be faster but Russel is a big body and is very mobile so I give him the edge

Back
Top Bottom