Anquan Boldin Wouldnt mind a trade to miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anquan Boldin Wouldnt mind a trade to miami

clear.gif

DONT GO SHULAGUYYYYYYYYYYYY NOOO HE BLEW UP!

:boohoo:

I actually think Boldin is the perfect receiver for Pennington. He doesn't require the long ball. He is a catch and run receiver. He is what Bess would be if he had the size. He catches everything thrown his way (although he did drop a few passes late this year), and then consistenly gets the yards after the catch. I don't know that this franchise can afford to trade multiple picks for one player at this point, but he would be one of the few players you would consider doing it for.

I am not too hopeful of his latest injuries. One of his injuries was horrible and there were some others that might affect him later on in his career. I don't think we have a gun slinger like Warner in Miami so we would not benefit much from the Vertical Passing game that he was a part of.

I am not too hopeful of his latest injuries. One of his injuries was horrible and there were some others that might affect him later on in his career. I don't think we have a gun slinger like Warner in Miami so we would not benefit much from the Vertical Passing game that he was a part of.
Good becuse he is a over the middle /crossing WR that breaks them into long ones just incase you haven't watched them play.:up:

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think we could get for him. I am not opposed to trading him if there is value there but I don't see where we could get enough value in a trade to justify it. We are already weak in the WR area and trading him would set us back further. That is my biggest skepticism of doing that.

As much as a 2nd. He's young and probably hasn't hit his ceiling. He's got potential to be a thousand yard receiver. And there are enough GMs in the league who don't mind throwing away picks(not to say that trading for him would be doing that.)

Remember the cap skyrockets this year. Not sure exactly how much but we already have more money than 90% of the teams because of our actions last offseason.

As much as a 2nd. He's young and probably hasn't hit his ceiling. He's got potential to be a thousand yard receiver. And there are enough GMs in the league who don't mind throwing away picks(not to say that trading for him would be doing that.)

I'll tell you, to be completly honest, If we signed a good WR without sacraficing any draft picks, I might be tempted to trade him for a 2nd. It would really depend on who we could sign in FA and exactly how high of a 2nd we would be getting. Generally speaking though I think it would be a losing proposition for us to go that route. I think we get more value out of nuturing his development and reaping it's rewards down the line, then we do for drafting another developmental type player. I do like the idea of loading up draft picks though. The more picks you got the more chances you got hitting on those special players that only come to you through the draft.

I mean a lot of us are not really qualified to make accurate guesses as a GM but with the amount of boneheaded moves then we can definately agree that we all can. I think there are a few factors that involves in a trade:

1. Future Potential
2. Injury History
3. Current Conditioning
4. How much will he improve our team?

Conditioning to me is important due the fact that this makes and breaks some great athletes. Our 2007 group was riddled with injuries and that was due to our bad conditioning program in the offseason and through the season. The 2008 group was well conditioned and we managed to make it to January with less than 5 key injuries to starters.

I mean a lot of us are not really qualified to make accurate guesses as a GM but with the amount of boneheaded moves then we can definately agree that we all can. I think there are a few factors that involves in a trade:

1. Future Potential
2. Injury History
3. Current Conditioning
4. How much will he improve our team?

Conditioning to me is important due the fact that this makes and breaks some great athletes. Our 2007 group was riddled with injuries and that was due to our bad conditioning program in the offseason and through the season. The 2008 group was well conditioned and we managed to make it to January with less than 5 key injuries to starters.
Great points and nice that injuries was way down. But, in the last game when Bess got hurt the only WR's we had was London and Ginn. We need WR depth and a little more talent never hurt any team with the exception of TO's teams.:lol:

I'll tell you, to be completly honest, If we signed a good WR without sacraficing any draft picks, I might be tempted to trade him for a 2nd. It would really depend on who we could sign in FA and exactly how high of a 2nd we would be getting. Generally speaking though I think it would be a losing proposition for us to go that route. I think we get more value out of nuturing his development and reaping it's rewards down the line, then we do for drafting another developmental type player. I do like the idea of loading up draft picks though. The more picks you got the more chances you got hitting on those special players that only come to you through the draft.

I'm not interested in a FA WR. There are few good ones available. I'd like to trade for a proven player, and then unload Ginn to get a pick back so we don't go into the draft with with nothing. Or i'd take an equal or close to equal value player in a position of need so we have one less priority come draft.

I actually didn't mind the Boston trade when it went down. It only cost us Jamar Fletcher didn't it? He was great in Arizona, he just never worked out in SD or here.

I'd go for Boldin if the price were right, but I think Arizona's going to be asking too much. I'd rather use those picks to build the secondary, lines, and maybe draft a WR.

if we traded our #1 for boldin i would not be upset because he is proven still somewhat young i believe 27 and the pick is pretty late in the first so i could live with it

Great points and nice that injuries was way down. But, in the last game when Bess got hurt the only WR's we had was London and Ginn. We need WR depth and a little more talent never hurt any team with the exception of TO's teams.:lol:

I don't think it hurts us to have that many receivers.

1. Ginn
2. (Free agency)
3. Camarillo
4. Bess
5. London

That would be a terrific group in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom