Anquan Boldin Wouldnt mind a trade to miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anquan Boldin Wouldnt mind a trade to miami

I'm not interested in a FA WR. There are few good ones available. I'd like to trade for a proven player, and then unload Ginn to get a pick back so we don't go into the draft with with nothing. Or i'd take an equal or close to equal value player in a position of need so we have one less priority come draft.

OK but if you don't replace Ginn with another WR..............

Fine lets say you get a good center in place of Ginn but you have a very depleted WR core for targets now. Chances are you are not going to find an immediate replacement at the WR position in the draft. Unless your feeling that Carrillo, Bess, or forgive me for saying this next name, Wilford is going to develop into that #1 spot for us. The only thing you are accomplishing is filling a need in one area by creating a new need someplace else. I do understand where you are coming from, you don't believe Ginn will ever develop into more then a #2 receiver. I respect your opinion on that. I don't agree or disagree on that yet. I think we need to give him one more season before we can really make that call.

Which for me this is where I find our discussion interesting. If your opinion is accurate then it's a great call to unload him on someone else who would be getting a #2 guy, but overpaying for him thinking he will be getting a steal on a #1 guy. If he turns out to be a solid #1 receiver, then it boils down to who we got for him on the trade. Weather it is through a player trade or through a pick. Whichever! depending on how good or bad that player pans out, would determine if it was a good deal or not. I think the risks out weigh the rewards in that proposition. I do like your argument though. I think your taking a ballsy approach to improve our roster and I like that. I just feel it's the wrong call on this player. Of course there are too many variables and unknowns to make any kind of absolute blanket statement and your analysis may be completely superior to mine. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the off-season with him.

Sorry for crying over milk spilled long ago, but I can't resist mentioning that Bolden should have been a Dolphin from the beginning, but Dave 'we're only a couple pieces away' Wannstedt thought Eddie Moore was a better pick instead. Arggg. Sorry I had to say it.

Oh, and some you who think that Ginn is a legit #1 WR in this league are off your meds

Pennington can get the ball deep. What he lacks is zip on the ball. If you can add someone who can get seperation he becomes a viable deep target for Penny. Penny might not make that throw 20 times a game but if he picks n chooses to hit the deep man at the right times it would be effective. Also noone really knows when Henne's time is going to come. If it is sooner then later that opens up an option for him behind center as well.
Chad floats the ball down there, which allows the defense to get to it. Any separation a player like Boldin would get would be lost waiting for the ball to come down. The ball needs to get to the receiver deep and quickly, two things Chad can't accomplish. It is his only weakness really as he has all the other tools.

I don't think it hurts us to have that many receivers.

1. Ginn
2. (Free agency)
3. Camarillo
4. Bess
5. London

That would be a terrific group in my opinion.
It is also turning into a deep draft for WR's IMO. Darius Heyward-Bey and Hakeem Nicks recently declared and their will be sleepers like Carr (FSU) and Brandon Tate (UNC) available late. It looks as though Macklin (Missou) is coming out as well. FA or draft which ever we can upgrade somehow if needed. BTW I also beleive Ginn can be a #1 for us despite my Big 10 hate. As I mentioned earlier in a thread I rarely seen a highlight or TD of Ginn without 2-3 men around him. Wilford was suppose to take that pressure off by being our redzone/posession WR and if he don't make drastic improvements WR is a must this offseason IMO. We need some PS Wr's at the least because a NFL team that dresses only 3 WR's in a playoff game is rediculous IMO.

Chad floats the ball down there, which allows the defense to get to it. Any separation a player like Boldin would get would be lost waiting for the ball to come down. The ball needs to get to the receiver deep and quickly, two things Chad can't accomplish. It is his only weakness really as he has all the other tools.
Boldin goes after the ball and most of his seperation is after the catch using a burst and his power. I don't know which Boldin some of you speak of (maybe his brother at Wake Forrest) but Anquan runs the crossing and middle routes for the Cards while Fitzgerald runs the deep routes. He pads his own stats after the catch because he is the most dominant POSSESION WR in the NFL IMO.

It is also turning into a deep draft for WR's IMO. Darius Heyward-Bey and Hakeem Nicks recently declared and their will be sleepers like Carr (FSU) and Brandon Tate (UNC) available late. It looks as though Macklin (Missou) is coming out as well. FA or draft which ever we can upgrade somehow if needed. BTW I also beleive Ginn can be a #1 for us despite my Big 10 hate. As I mentioned earlier in a thread I rarely seen a highlight or TD of Ginn without 2-3 men around him. Wilford was suppose to take that pressure off by being our redzone/posession WR and if he don't make drastic improvements WR is a must this offseason IMO. We need some PS Wr's at the least because a NFL team that dresses only 3 WR's in a playoff game is rediculous IMO.

Here's a guy that could be had very late in the Draft and could turn out to be a major steal. Low risk, very high reward.

I understand your critisim here and it is fair and unfair at the same time. A QB does not throw the ball to his reciever, he throws it to where his reciever is suppose to be at a certain time. So yeah its fair to say that the ball may take an extra split second to get where its going and it creates an opprotunity for a headsup defensive back to postion himself for a pick. I will whole heartedly conceede to you that weakness in his game as a direct result of his arm strength.

The argument I will counter with however is that the reciever knows the spot he is running too and the DB has to guess. IF Ginn can master disguising his routes and dupping defenders to going in the wrong direction he can use his speed and cuts to force the DB out of postion and get himself into postion and complete those long balls. Yes Chad needs his recievers help to complete long balls. He has been getting help from them too. Ginn in my opinion has shown alot of progress in this deceptive art of route running over the course of this season. I think he is going to continue to improve as he gains more experience. Ginns speed compliments Pennys weaker arm more then a big physical reciever does. Ginn has the ability to be in a completly different part of the field before the defender has time to react to it. This is why they are forced to double cover him. The problem is this, the second defender has the luxary of playing Ginn soft to give himself extra time to react to Ginns cuts because Penny's passes dont get to him fast enough. The second part of the problem is that Ginn is easily slowed up off that first bump off the line and makes him lose his route. It's a timing issue between Ginn mastering seperation and Penny getting the ball to where it is going faster. It is however a correctable thing with practice between them two.

Going back to our front line, once that we correct that and bring a more consistant running threat into play that is going to allivate some of this dilema as well. We have a good base plan in place. We are missing some key elements to pulling off our general game plan but we are on the right track here and Ginn I believe is going to work out for us. Also I think if Camirillo comes back health this is also going to really help a lot.

Think about this, put together a solid O-Line keeps defenses playing honest to protect the run. Use our TE's and bess to run that soft area behind the LB's in that soft area, and Ginn and camirillo out in the deep areas of the field. That keeps defenses spread out really well. Penny is cerbal enough to find the open guy. Defenses cant cover everyone all at once. Penny can make the reads faster then the defenses can react. We just need a front line to open holes and give Penny more then a second or two for these plays to develope. We are close to having a very potent and very well balanced offense.

u dont need a solid #1 reciever to win super bowls. look at the ravens, pats, bucs, and others in the past. did they have a legit #1 threat? no. what did they have? great defense and moderate offenses. we need to continue to build the lines and get some better linebackers. this team, in my opinion, can suceed with a sub par offense. we dont HAVE to have a big name wideout to get tds. it was when we started to go deep in desperation on sunday that we got in trouble (chads picks).u get a great defense that gives u good field position (look at the ravens and what they did to us on sunday) and u will c that great d and an average offense will get u results.

my solution: keep playing our game on offense!!! pound the ball, throw to the tight ends, and use our recievers to THEIR advantages. bess runs a great screen route and has money hands. hey, i drive that takes 20 plays compared to one bomb not only wears out the clock, it runs out their defense and lets our d rest! keep playing our type of offense!!

get some more depth on the lines and add some better linebackers. the lbs will give us a better pass rush and force qb"s to make mistakes. this will also take pressure off the defensive backs!!

also, u guys gotta remember. ginn, bess, and camarillo are all young!! it usually takes 3-4 years for wideouts to develop into their prime!! we should be damn greatful they all had as good of seasons they did! they can only go UP!

Our o-line is about our biggest need right now, especially after watching the Ravens simply abuse us. We aren't going anywhere in the playoffs until we build a solid o-line. Lets build around Jake Long. ...Satele, Alleman and Ndukwe have no business being starters. They're 3rd string guys and the Ravens game proves that.

This has been posted ad nauseum on prior threads. Our 2 starting guards were out for the year and did not play against the Ravens.
The O-line needs to be tweaked, not overhauled.
They need experience and time to develop some chemistry.

Forget Boldin . . . think 2 #1 picks . . . and if not that, atleast one #1 pick and another pick. Roy Williams got like a first, third and a sixth . . . . Boldin IMO is a much better WR than Roy and he still is only like 28.

We got to find our own Boldin, we can't trade away 2 #1's.
the cardinals cant afford 4 first round picks in 2 years.. they dont have the cap room.. so who knows what theyll do

Back
Top Bottom