Antonio Smith tore off Incognito's helmet and swung it at him | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Smith tore off Incognito's helmet and swung it at him

Updating a previous item, ESPN's Ed Werder reports the NFL is considering a "substantial" fine and "regular season suspension" for Antonio Smith following Saturday's helmet-strike incident with Richie Incognito.
A previous report claimed the league was only considering "up to" a two-week preseason suspension, which would be a true belly laugher. Preseason games are meaningless, and a 32-year-old defensive lineman missing some of them might actually serve to help the Texans and Smith. Smith's act versus Incognito was malicious, violent, and a non-football act with the sole intent of inflicting potentially severe bodily harm. Had Smith connected and drawn blood or fractured Incognito's skull, the NFL would have an enormous problem on its hands. A preseason suspension would be an embarrassment to "The Shield."

per rotoworld. Smith needs to be suspended for multiple games.

if the worst thing someone calls me is a homer I can live w/ that(even though it obviously isn't true if you read my posts) but when rooting for injuries simply b/c a player on another team took a swing at a dolphin player- that says someone is a bad person.

The difference btw you and I(one of the many differences I should say) is that when the Jets do something wrong I say so, I bashed them for the Alosi incident, I bashed them for the Braylon incident, you make excuses for everything they do then ignore what known dirty player Incognito did and instead want to see Smith get a season ending injury and you gloat about revis going down. That is a very sad person who I pity.

To jest deflectors and apologists of dirty plays: Brian Cushing for one says "hi"

Oh and you pitying anyone else has as much traction as Ryan Braun pitying Derek Jeter :idk:

if the worst thing someone calls me is a homer I can live w/ that(even though it obviously isn't true if you read my posts) but when rooting for injuries simply b/c a player on another team took a swing at a dolphin player- that says someone is a bad person.

The difference btw you and I(one of the many differences I should say) is that when the Jets do something wrong I say so, I bashed them for the Alosi incident, I bashed them for the Braylon incident, you make excuses for everything they do then ignore what known dirty player Incognito did and instead want to see Smith get a season ending injury and you gloat about revis going down. That is a very sad person who I pity.

i'm sure there are punches thrown at least once per game, whether you see them or not. how many times do you see a player rip a helmet off and swing it, attempting to hit someone in the head with it? one player doing something that's pretty common in the nfl, and sure, cog should have been penalized, does not mean using a helmet for a weapon is justified.

that gif is pretty funny

it looks like Rock-em Sock-em Robots :chuckle:

To jest deflectors and apologists of dirty plays: Brian Cushing for one says "hi"

Oh and you pitying anyone else has as much traction as Ryan Braun pitying Derek Jeter :idk:

I love when you are flustered and start to make things up.

i'm sure there are punches thrown at least once per game, whether you see them or not. how many times do you see a player rip a helmet off and swing it, attempting to hit someone in the head with it? one player doing something that's pretty common in the nfl, and sure, cog should have been penalized, does not mean using a helmet for a weapon is justified.

Everyone knows Incognito is a dirty player so when things like that come from a player like that it can escalate.

Junc not a homer? :lol:

coming from the guy who just bashed our D for the season based on 2 qtrs. of a preseason game then made an excuse for his RB who had 2 poor preseason games. For us when something is bad preseason tells all, yfor you unless something good happens in preseason it doesn't tell us anything:lol:

What excuse did I make for Miller? 2 quarters? Did you read my post Junc?

JunC still thinks Mark Sanchez is a viable option at QB. That's seriously all that needs to be said.

What did I make up?

That you defend a mediocre HC who pimps his flatback wife as merely a matter between consulting adults instead of moral turpitude that's a bad reflection on the jest?

That you blamed Reggie, who had a bounty on him and was taken out by your steroided-up safety for observing that Karma reared its inevitable head in putting Revis down in a freak injury?

That you blamed Alossi when he was standing in a tight cordon of Asst coaches 5 feet from Rex instead of acknowledging that this was a jest organized Tripgate infraction?

That you never acknowledged that Brian Cushing's season ended on a questionable call by one of your OL bozos?

That you excused sexual harrassment of a sexy mexican reporter by the jest including Rex as a non issue since she never complained (being the blind homer you are that didn't realize her making an issue of it would render her persona non grata with the team when it came to doing her job properly?

That you never took part of the front office to task for trying to pimp one of their own female employees for your diva QB?

I can go on and on but off the top of my head this should suffice as I've already permitted you to interject yourself into a thread where you don't belong and no one gives a flying **** what a notoriously blind homer thinks. Goodbye Troll

What did I make up?

That you defend a mediocre HC who pimps his flatback wife as merely a matter between consulting adults instead of moral turpitude that's a bad reflection on the jest?

That you blamed Reggie, who had a bounty on him and was taken out by your steroided-up safety for observing that Karma reared its inevitable head in putting Revis down in a freak injury?

That you blamed Alossi when he was standing in a tight cordon of Asst coaches 5 feet from Rex instead of acknowledging that this was a jest organized Tripgate infraction?

That you never acknowledged that Brian Cushing's season ended on a questionable call by one of your OL bozos?

That you excused sexual harrassment of a sexy mexican reporter by the jest including Rex as a non issue since she never complained (being the blind homer you are that didn't realize her making an issue of it would render her persona non grata with the team when it came to doing her job properly?

That you never took part of the front office to task for trying to pimp one of their own female employees for your diva QB?

I can go on and on but off the top of my head this should suffice as I've already permitted you to interject yourself into a thread where you don't belong and no one gives a flying **** what a notoriously blind homer thinks. Goodbye Troll

Pretty much all of the above. it is what you do when you are flustered.

By the way that mediocre HC has more playoff wins than your franchise from 1995-2012 and he can do what he wants in the privacy of his home.

I blamed Alosi b/c he did it and we took immediate action unlike Miami and all their problems like when you wanted the Jets to suspend Braylon for his DUI(which they did for a qtr) yet didn't want Miami to take any action against their TWO players arrested for DUI that same year. By the way, I said Braylon should have been suspended.

I didn't blame Reggie, it just shows the "class" you guys talk about, he was happy, like you, that revis got hurt. That's sad.

I don't recall if I discussed the Cushing play or not, what does this have to do w/ anything? plays happen in football, you think our OL was intentionally trying to hurt him?

The reporter herself said it was all in fun, I am supposed to listen to the PC police over the woman herself?

Whoever helped Favre was wrong, it was not a high level person in the organization and I hope that person was let go.

You can go on and on and not pull up one legitimate example as always but please keep making things up.

Everyone knows Incognito is a dirty player so when things like that come from a player like that it can escalate.

funny, I don't recall too many people ripping off cogs helmet and trying to wack him with it, since he's been in a dolphins uniform...or ever.

yeah, the Texans are dirty not Incognito:lol2: did you watch that clip you posted?

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Class?:lol::lol: just stop, you love the team and that's great but class and dolphins over the past decade do not go together. On this particular play incognito grabbed the players facemask and tugged and hit him illegally in the face and second time. Smith has to keep his cool but this was started by the dirty play of your player.

Dude, we know the Jets are having issues this year, but that's no reason to come here and start spreading your vitriolic and asinine comments on a subject that doesn't even concern the team in green in the first place. Right or wrong, facemasks get grabbed all the time on the line of scrimmage...this is NO excuse whatsoever to go around ripping the guys helmet off and risk knocking him out. That was borderline assault, totally uncalled for and you know it. So please don't come here and start lecturing US about class until the Jets can go a whole summer without a player landing in the clink OR one of the Jets QBs goes a week without "brutally" embarrassing themselves. Thank you.

To NYJunc I grew up in Jersey. I have watched the Jets since they played out in Flushing Meadows. With exception of a few scant years of being good, the entire organization has sucked from day one. When you moved to Jersey I almost puked. Loved watching you guys play in GIANTS stadium before the new one was built. Must have been nice to be the step child of New Jersey eh ?

Listen we are all sports fans but your team has always sucked, sucks now and always will suck. Each year they have GREAT EXPECTATIONS for the Jets and each and every year they simply blow. look up your own history, look it up. Its morbid. LOL

Just watched last nights total access and Rapoport said the NFL is looking at this as a non-football act, don't know what that means exactly but it sounds to me like its more serious than just a dirty hit within the game, it sounds more like they're looking at it as if was a criminal act. I expect they'll dish out something much more severe than a preseason suspension..

Good but only one regular season game..

The NFL will suspend Texans defensive end Antonio Smith for one regular-season game and Houston's remaining two preseason games for forcibly removing the helmet of Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito and then dangerously swinging it at his face, a league source told ESPN.

http://goo.gl/d0pKsR

Back
Top Bottom