Antonio Smith tore off Incognito's helmet and swung it at him | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Smith tore off Incognito's helmet and swung it at him

The difference is I didn't say the jets were all class and the Jets did suspend Alosi for the year immediately.

This is such a sad statement just b/c Smith wears colors of a team you don't root for.
And show me where someone said the Dolphins were 100 percent all class. That's your insinuation

He clearly did but Smith crossed a line w/ his retaliation. It is amazing how none of your guys ever do anything wrong until they put on another uniform.

If Incognito did something wrong, why didn't he get suspended? Or at least a fine? Besides you, no one really seems to think Incognito is at fault. If he was, the league would have acted as if he did. They didn't.

And show me where someone said the Dolphins were 100 percent all class. That's your insinuation

junc is referring to my post where I said I am glad the Dolphins have class and didn't stoop to the level of hurting players like Houston.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...at-him&p=1064747353&viewfull=1-post1064747353

Didn't say the Dolphins were "all class". Though I did imply that they DO have class in regards to not intentionally trying to hurt players on the other team. I would be shocked if a Dolphins player tried to do that, I expect it when it comes to the Texans. In that sense, the Dolphins have more class than Houston. While we are talking about junc and "class", I also wouldn't be surprised if the Jets did something like this in a game. We already saw one of Rex's assistants intentionally trip one of our players and last year they talked how they planned to hurt Reggie Bush in the first meeting. Which they did.

He clearly did but Smith crossed a line w/ his retaliation. It is amazing how none of your guys ever do anything wrong until they put on another uniform.

If Incognito was fined then sure. Seeing as how he wasn't, you're wrong.

If he appeals, plays one or two preseason games and loses, does he get suspended more regular season games? Technically, he has been suspended for three games, right?

Even the Texans fans are kind of happy he only got one game.
As you said you know darn well if it was done to Brady it would have been much worse. So the officials miss the Cog hands to the face/facemask call the facemask on thill and the helmet removal and swing. Another poster pointed out it looks like an official was looking at Cog and called nothing. I wonder if the NFL office will speak to him?

I gotta say, that much like how Dustin Keller reacted to his injury and Brian Hartline came to his teammate's defense, I was impressed with Incognito's reaction. Cogs freely stated that he is no choir boy, that he understands passion and how heated it gets during a game and gets caught up in the heat of the moment himself sometimes. He said he was just glad nobody got hurt. Very honest and understanding comments from Incognito ... and a little warrior to warrior respect and forgiveness to a guy with whom he has had an ongoing battle in the past.

I knew Philbin was the right guy for the job. He was one of my 2 favorite candidates all along (Chudzinski was the other). I'm very glad to have Philbin setting the tone and building a team in his own image ... upstanding people who try hard and never give up.

You negated the first part of your argument with your second part.

We know Incognito is dirty. And...to your point...if he was on your team, you'd love him.

listen, Richie incog is not a dirty player. He used to be a dirty player. Now he is one tough SOB who goes until the whistle is blown. Which is why he doesn't get penalties against him. Players don't like it when they get pancaked before the whistle. That is what this is really about.

The ref however, did screw up. He could have called a penalty for hands to the face but he did not. He also did not seem to call a player ripping off a helmet and using it as a weapon. So the ref is to blame here. This got caught on tape and nobody knew any different because Incog didn't make a big deal about it. It was just another day at the office.

Incog will not back down from a fight and that appears to be what was happening because there is a past involved here. He wont back down because he refuses to lose. If anyone who is experienced in fighting can tell you, if you are not prepared to fight and hold your ground, you better back off. Richie is a football player. If he backs off, he loses his job.

You negated the first part of your argument with your second part.

We know Incognito is dirty. And...to your point...if he was on your team, you'd love him.

He is the type of player that fans love on their team and hate on opposing teams(like a Bryan Cox type) but we have to realize he does instigate things, Smith went overboard but Incognito isn't some innocent guy in all of this.

listen, Richie incog is not a dirty player. He used to be a dirty player. Now he is one tough SOB who goes until the whistle is blown. Which is why he doesn't get penalties against him. Players don't like it when they get pancaked before the whistle. That is what this is really about.

The ref however, did screw up. He could have called a penalty for hands to the face but he did not. He also did not seem to call a player ripping off a helmet and using it as a weapon. So the ref is to blame here. This got caught on tape and nobody knew any different because Incog didn't make a big deal about it. It was just another day at the office.

Incog will not back down from a fight and that appears to be what was happening because there is a past involved here. He wont back down because he refuses to lose. If anyone who is experienced in fighting can tell you, if you are not prepared to fight and hold your ground, you better back off. Richie is a football player. If he backs off, he loses his job.

He was dirty before he went to Miami but the class of Miami turned him into just a hard nosed player that plays to the whistle?:lol:

I would disagree with this, a little. that play was definitely dirty, by both players. incognito had his hand to smith's face as well. he also did a right jab, before his helmet was ripped off. it's just the smith's reaction, by ripping the helmet off and swinging it at cogs face, is that much worse, and despicable.

Back
Top Bottom