Armando: Ireland job doesn't appear at risk | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Ireland job doesn't appear at risk

You're right that a new GM probably doesn't help ticket sales at this point, its too little, too late for that. My question is who was full of **** when we were told this wasn't a rebuilding year. Either Ireland convinced Ross of that or Ross was just spouting **** to the fans in order to sell tickets.

If I were Ross and I really believed we would be trying to contend this season I would have a conversation the week before the season that would go something like this: A blind monkey could see that your offseason "moves" wouldn't help us win games or help ticket sales this season ...SO WTF JEFF!?!?

This is what blows my mind. Perhaps it's going over my head, but in one hand this team is in "rebuilding mode" and in the other Ireland was retained because Ross came to the conclusion (im sure with Ireland) that this team had talent and coaching was the issue. If the latter is true why did we revamp our whole scheme? Wouldn't you want to bring in a coach to come in and build on the scheme the talent was brought in for? I just would like someone to explain what appears to me to be a pretty blatant contradiction.

At this point I want us to lose out.

Only way to insure Ireland goes... HE is the reason we suck. Until he is gone we have ZERO shot.

yep. I'm seriously at that point too. Trying to think big picture. If losing some meaningless games gets Ireland canned which in turn gives us hope, I'm down. Winning meaningless games will only hurt this franchise in the long run. Hmmmm. Sounds kinds familiar

Last edited by a moderator:
Armando does mention that an epic and disastrous final four weeks could change things, but with home games against the Bills and Jaguars on the schedule, that probably is unlikely. If the Dolphins finish the season 5-11, then I think the topic of Ireland's job security becomes a realistic conversation. Here is the thing though, in addition to the Bills and Jaguars game, the week 17 game in New England could be against backups. 2-3 wins the final four weeks might not be as crazy as some might think. 2-3 wins and this is definitely not a topic.

This entire speculation will change IF Miami loses to Chad Henne and the Jags. You marking it down that the Fins will beat the Jags and Bills is WAY TOO premature. Miami gets blown out this week...possibly shutout. However, the embarrassment could reach epic levels by having Chad Henne win a game at Sun Life. Buffalo is not a pushover. Last time I checked they could have killed us a few weeks ago if they had any type of red zone production. Finally, the Pats do not rest starters. That will it played straight up. If all of this rolled into this nightmare scenario, Miami would have finished the year losing 8 of 9. OUCH!

FOR THE RECORD, I do not want the Fins to lose all four...I do not want them to lose any...so please save the stuff about how I have some secret motive blah, blah, blah. I assess it how I see it.

I think it would be a heck of season if they went 7-9 considering various factors of the team. I thought they would win between 3-5 games this year. However, if this team lost its last four in the manner described about, Ireland does not return.

I love the disrespect for Henne. Henne has always had the ability to beat anyone. His football talent was never the problem.

It is amazing how many Americans have lost their jobs, yet Jeff can keep his with his terrible track record. lol

I love the disrespect for Henne. Henne has always had the ability to beat anyone. His football talent was never the problem.

was it the aliens from outerspace than? or do we hold the player accountable for his actions on the field?? its 1 or the other.

Notice how Nublar is always the one looking for articles that says Ireland is safe. Dude is hoping he stays just as much as he wanted Sparano to stay. :lol:

I wonder if you fist pumped one last time when Sparano's-led offense beat our LA Dolphins, I mean Miami Dolphins. :rolleyes:

I am relaying news to the forum, if there was an article saying Ireland was on the verge of getting fired I would post it here also. I don't appreciate you claiming I have some sort of agenda. Not true at all.

Is it a coincidence that Ireland's #1 fan has started two threads about his job security? lol

I have already stated my stance on Ireland in this thread. Just like Vertical Limit, don't be disrespectful to me because you don't like the news that is being reported in the media. If you have a problem with the reports and news the past few days, take it up with Omar and Armando, I am just the messenger.

I have already stated my stance on Ireland in this thread. Just like Vertical Limit, don't be disrespectful to me because you don't like the news that is being reported in the media. If you have a problem with the reports and news the past few days, take it up with Omar and Armando, I am just the messenger.

lol someones gettin a little chippy...

Am I a complete fool for thinking Henne has more talent than Flacco?
I dunno, I always thought Henne was actually good for us early on.
He seemed great against man coverage, and I liked his preference to throw it up to his WR's whenever they got one on one battles down the sideline.

I felt the problems first arose, I think it was during a Patriot game, Belichick changed the defense up mid-game and started dropping people instead of blitzing, and forcing Henne to sit back and patiently nickel and dime his way.
That sort of put the book out for all future defense's playing us because Henne was burning the blitz till then.
But that's where the failure started.
I could be cutting Henne some slack, but imo the blame goes with the coaching staff and development.
I mean Henne was still a young qb at this point but I didn't see any adjusting by our own OC.
It was the same pop warner ****. Schematically unable to design anything as an OC, the qb starts forcing the ball to tightly covered WR's, and interceptions start happening.

I dunno, I still sort of feel that our coaching staff stunted Henne a bit.
I feel Flacco is a less talented Henne that had the opposite situation, that's why he is still starting.

I don't want to say Henne would have been our franchise qb or some star or something.
I just felt that I saw some potential and absolutely nothing was developed.
Could be Henne's fault too I guess, I wasn't there lol.

Anyways it's all moot and in the past. I like Tannehill.

I think we all know Ireland will be back next year. Some may deny it till the bitter end, but Ireland will be back. We are all mad that the Fins blow once again, but you need to overrule those emotions with rationality. All factors point to Ireland being back. Im just wondering what everyone will say about Ireland next year if we have a winning season...thats going to be an interesting thread.

lol someones gettin a little chippy...

I get wrongly accused by the same few posters all the time, you included some times, and just need to set the record straight. I love how I get blamed for things Omar and Armando write, that is what is funny about it. Some people just don't understand how internet forums work and I am just trying to help educate you. I didn't earn the news posting award for just posting negative articles about the Dolphins, I bring it all to the forum once I see it hit the news wire, sorry if the news doesn't fit YOUR agenda.

I get wrongly accused by the same few posters all the time, you included some times, and just need to set the record straight. I love how I get blamed for things Omar and Armando write, that is what is funny about it. Some people just don't understand how internet forums work and I am just trying to help educate you. I didn't earn the news posting award for just posting negative articles about the Dolphins, I bring it all to the forum once I see it hit the news wire, sorry if the news doesn't fit YOUR agenda.

Don't let the one guy ruin it lol. 99.99% totally understand you

Back
Top Bottom