Armando says we’re screwed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando says we’re screwed

Tannenbaum had success in New York and worked under Belichick in Cleveland. Tbaum also worked for the Saints while attending law school. I would say he’s a football guy. Both Philbin & Gase were the top coordinators the years we hired them, and certainly would’ve been hired by someone. There were no Jimmy Johnson type coaches available to hire so he picked the best young candidates. Also, what does it matter about where people are from?

He picked the best candidates?? Philbin was the best???? Nobody even knows what he really did in GB. Top coordinator?? He didn't call plays, and he was not highly regarded.

If you think Tannenbaum was successful in New York then there is no point whatsoever in paying any attention to anything you post. Period.

Jimmy Johnson? WTH? That doesn't even make any sense. Ancient history.

Tannenbaum had success in New York and worked under Belichick in Cleveland. Tbaum also worked for the Saints while attending law school. I would say he’s a football guy. Both Philbin & Gase were the top coordinators the years we hired them, and certainly would’ve been hired by someone. There were no Jimmy Johnson type coaches available to hire so he picked the best young candidates. Also, what does it matter about where people are from?
Go back and look at the Jets overall record when he was there. They had one successful season and got progressively worse the longer he stayed with the team. As for Cleveland, he worked with Belicheat. As we see that people that work with Belicheat do not fare well once they leave. Tannenbaum is a bum who bam-boozels owners into thinking he knows what he is doing.

Can’t argue with that. When’s the last time Miami has been relevant? Lol remember when Miami had more super bowl wins and appearances than New England? New England has now doubled Miami’s SB appearances.

Armando Former Dolphins Beat Reporter said:
For the Dolphins, I’ll be long gone from the beat, before they matter in a championship conversation. I know this.

Well, if Armando puts it that way, how can we get Armando fired ASAP so we can move closer to a championship?

Tannenbaum is an idiot.

I have to agree with just about everything he said, specially the fact this team does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt. Will I ever stop caring? I don't think so but when you see the same type of dumb decisions over and over and over then is hard to be optimistic. Hard to believe we have to hope that BB and Brady retire to even have a chance but wait, lets say they do leave the game. Why should we think that WE are the team that would then win? It's not like they win 13 games and we win 12........no, it's like they win 12 games every year and we normally win 7 or 8 and we have fans here that want us to keep doing the same dumb stuff we've been doing.......like, making a DT the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and now we're supposed to give a slot WR 14mill a year?......lol.....that right there is the reason things never change. Keep doing the same thing and you'll get the same result

Ozzy rules!!

Can’t argue with that. When’s the last time Miami has been relevant? Lol remember when Miami had more super bowl wins and appearances than New England? New England has now doubled Miami’s SB appearances.
I also remember when NE was hands down the worst team in the league, circa 1989-92. But like so many other teams, they left the Dolphins in the dust.

The Patriots have now appeared in 7 AFC championship games in a row. That’s as many appearances as Miami has in its entire existence as a franchise.

I have nothing new to report, I need clicks... Oh I know! Let's take a dump on the Fins, that'll get some attention...

He picked the best candidates?? Philbin was the best???? Nobody even knows what he really did in GB. Top coordinator?? He didn't call plays, and he was not highly regarded.

If you think Tannenbaum was successful in New York then there is no point whatsoever in paying any attention to anything you post. Period.

Jimmy Johnson? WTH? That doesn't even make any sense. Ancient history.
Tannenbaum went to back to back afc title games. So absolutely he has had some level of success in ny. Both Philbin & Gase were the top coordinator candidates at the time and that cannot be disputed. What I meant was that there were no superstar head coach candidates available at the time like in 96 when we hired a superstar head coach in jimmy Johnson. I am posting facts while you are posting opinions that are based off the result. All of Ross’s hires were considered leaguewide as solid at the time.

Go back and look at the Jets overall record when he was there. They had one successful season and got progressively worse the longer he stayed with the team. As for Cleveland, he worked with Belicheat. As we see that people that work with Belicheat do not fare well once they leave. Tannenbaum is a bum who bam-boozels owners into thinking he knows what he is doing.
First off, you wouldn’t be referring to him as “belicheat” if he coaches your favorite team and I’m sure you would take him in a heartbeat if he was available. While I am not a fan of his, tbaum is apparently one of the top 32 people in the world at his job so I would say in fairness that he does know what he’s doing.

There are two ways you win in this league. Either you have a hall of fame level qb or you have a halfway decent qb and a good defense. Tbaum inherited tannehill and hired an offensive minded coach who calls plays. He gave suh big money, signed Timmons, and went defense heavy last draft. The latter is clearly the plan. Building a team takes time and I expect us to go d-heavy this draft as well. Have a little patience before you judge. In no way are we a horrible team. We are an average team. Hopefully we get lucky in the draft and can make the leap

Hopefully we get lucky in the draft and can make the leap

We thought we "got lucky" when Tunsil fell to us. Unless we draft a QB, I don't see how the draft will make THAT much of a difference. Fact is, Tannenbaum has mortgaged this team on older players trying to "win now"...when we're nowhere near "win now". What we need is a change is culture. Our last decent chance was when we hired Parcells, but he left because he didn't like Ross. This tells me we won't have another chance until Ross sells the team.

We thought we "got lucky" when Tunsil fell to us. Unless we draft a QB, I don't see how the draft will make THAT much of a difference. Fact is, Tannenbaum has mortgaged this team on older players trying to "win now"...when we're nowhere near "win now". What we need is a change is culture. Our last decent chance was when we hired Parcells, but he left because he didn't like Ross. This tells me we won't have another chance until Ross sells the team.

Way too early to give up on Tunsil. He could very well be special at an important position. I don't like all the FO decisions, but who are these older players that we've mortgaged the future? I'm not a big salary cap guy, but my understanding is that we can easily clear fairly significant cap on deadwood such as Thomas, Timmons. I actually feel that we've had what looks like two very solid/good drafts in a row that will hopefully provide a core of good, young players.

Back
Top Bottom