Baker wants to be a dolphin | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker wants to be a dolphin

Rosen is the best and most nfl ready qb in the draft. Josh Allen has the most upside. I would look at adding a QB day 3 like a Kurt Benkert he has a good arm with a lot of upside. Not much on mobility more of a pocket passer.

Last edited:
Tannehill was a Wide Receiver his first 3 years in college. Started getting time as QB end of 3rd year. Then played his 4th and final college year as QB. No championships, no Heisman, no nothing compared with Mayfield... And his time with Miami has been mediocre.
And he's already 30, and prone to injuries.

Mayfield was a true QB right from High School where he WON the State Championship.

In College, he broke all kinds of records for ridiculous yards, passing, etc, ...and...WON the Heisman Trophy as the best College football player. And he's in the most consequential position, QB.

He WON the Big 12 Championship 3 years in a row.
He came one play away from the National Championship, and didn't get it because of the NCAA's stupid way of determining a winner in Overtime.

QB's are worth more than other positions. Great one's lead teams to WIN. And that's what he is, and what he's done. A WINNER. ... Tannehill has never won.

So, for the few of you who stupidly think Tannehill is better than Mayfield, ...wake up. Tannehill has done nothing but mediocrity. Mayfield is the proven WINNER and LEADER, since High School.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really just depends on who's on the board when we pick. I dont think they'll draft a QB there, but if a QB is the obvious BPA, then I'd be fine with it... This is how Rodgers ended up on the Packers... Sometimes, you just can't pass it up...

Kiper's not hearing, teams don't talk to draftniks about their actual plans, ever. Kiper is a man with a pompadour who is wrong, every year.
Actually Kiper, McShay, Schefter, etc talk to GMs every day. They don't ask who they are going to pick, they ask what are you hearing about certain other teams. If they hear from 6 GMs that team X is looking at O-linemen and particularly keen on players A and B, there is a good chance that they are. GMs monitor who rival teams in their draft vicinity are closely analyzing and this is the sort of info that Kiper and McShay share. They don't say that Chicago GM told me..., they say I'm hearing xxxx.

Tannehill was a Wide Receiver his first 3 years in college. Started getting time as QB end of 3rd year. Then played his 4th and final college year as QB. No championships, no Heisman, no nothing compared with Mayfield... And his time with Miami has been mediocre.
And he's already 30, and prone to injuries.

Mayfield was a true QB right from High School where he WON the State Championship.

In College, he broke all kinds of records for ridiculous yards, passing, etc, ...and...WON the Heisman Trophy as the best College football player. And he's in the most consequential position, QB.

He WON the Big 12 Championship 3 years in a row.
He came one play away from the National Championship, and didn't get it because of the NCAA's stupid way of determining a winner in Overtime.

QB's are worth more than other positions. Great one's lead teams to WIN. And that's what he is, and what he's done. A WINNER. ... Tannehill has never won.

So, for the few of you who stupidly think Tannehill is better than Mayfield, ...wake up. Tannehill has done nothing but mediocrity. Mayfield is the proven WINNER and LEADER, since High School.
Right now Tannehill is better than Baker. Why? Because Tannehill is an NFL starter, Baker? He is a rookie who MIGHT pan out. You can list all the accolades you want, in the end those mean diddlly squat once you get into the NFL.

Just as an example here is a list from 2016 of Heisman Trophy winners who went belly up in the NFL: http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000296988

I suspect, if there isn't already, there will be 5 plus articles on this silly social media comment today. Let the pointless speculation begin.

Feel like this comes up often, but Mayfield needs 9"+ hands. That's the biggest concern with short QB's (taller people tend to have larger hands), and guys like Brees and Wilson have large hands. Character is the other concern, and we'll see what info comes out on that front. He's also older than ideal - though a similar age to Wilson when he was drafted.

As a player, I don't see any QB's in Mayfield's range. His ability to execute the designed play with precision or improvise on the fly is what you want. Accuracy, intelligence, instincts, and an alpha personality all point to success. There are still things (character, small hands) that can derail his career, but no other QB brings as many vital attributes to the table. Darnold is next closest, then Rudolph, and they each have advantages over Mayfield, but they haven't answered as many on-field questions as Mayfield.

Y'all better wrap your heads around this, because it's going to happen.

It might not be Baker, but we are taking a QB in one of our first two picks.

Mark it down. Come to terms with it. Accept it and move on.

Y'all better wrap your heads around this, because it's going to happen.

It might not be Baker, but we are taking a QB in one of our first two picks.

Mark it down. Come to terms with it. Accept it and move on.

I will respectfully disagree and say we take a QB, but after the first 2 rounds. Again, unless Gase is basically demanding for his guy he has targeted.

Back
Top Bottom