Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense" | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense"

I think 2 SBs compared to 1 sums it up w/ the last title by either team in the 1973 season. How many posters on this board were even alive in 1973?

The Jets have been as futile as any NFL teams since the merger:

Championships
Dolphins 2
Jets 0

Super Bowl Appearences
Dolphins 5
Jets 0

Championship Game Appearences
Dolphins 7
Jets 2

Division Titles
Dolphins 14
Jets 2

Playoff Apearences
Dolphins 22
Jets 10

Losing Seasons (needed something the Jets would have more of)
Dolphins 5
Jets 19

Please stop trying to make it look like your history is anywhere close to ours based off of 1 game you guys won in the AFL days!!

The Jets have been as futile as any NFL teams since the merger:

Championships
Dolphins 2
Jets 0

Super Bowl Appearences
Dolphins 5
Jets 0

Championship Game Appearences
Dolphins 7
Jets 2

Division Titles
Dolphins 14
Jets 2

Playoff Apearences
Dolphins 22
Jets 10

Losing Seasons (needed something the Jets would have more of)
Dolphins 5
Jets 19

Please stop trying to make it look like your history is anywhere close to ours based off of 1 game you guys won in the AFL days!!

I love when the merger is brought up, we wion a title 2 years before the merger and our ttile was just 5n years before your last title yet we should only discuss since 1970. How about we go since the '76 expansion or since the 16 game sched? then you have ZERO Championships.

AGAIN, I have never said our history was even close to yours just merely pointing out the FACT that you have 2 SBs and we have 1. I know it bothers you b/c you think the Dolphins are an elite team so I'm sorry to have to break it to you that you aren't.

We may have 2 titles but we've been to AFC Championship and to the SuperBowl more than you guys have aswell

Your last AFC Title Game app: 1992 Jets: 1998

The last time you came close: 1994 Jets: 2004

I think 2 SBs compared to 1 sums it up w/ the last title by either team in the 1973 season. How many posters on this board were even alive in 1973?

I was and what I remember is that The Jets sucked then too!

I'm actually kind of excited for the Jets season this year, because when Bart Scott and Rex Ryan turn into massive busts it's going to be really cool seeing how their big mouths deal with the NY fans and the NY media.

I'm actually kind of excited for the Jets season this year, because when Bart Scott and Rex Ryan turn into massive busts it's going to be really cool seeing how their big mouths deal with the NY fans and the NY media.

It's going to be alot of fun when those guys prove to be for real. :chuckle:

The Jets Def is going to be much better, but they don't have an offense!

They are consistently one of the league's sorriest teams, and I like having them around, but let's get real. Any team that is more focused on beating us than winning championships is never gonna get it done.

They're petty, and that fireman is weak, too.

Overrated and overpaid b/c he's a Jet but if Miami signed him he'd be a HOFer.

if you think miami would spend that much money on an aging ILB that has been a complimentary player his whole career.. your more clueless than i thought !

Your last AFC Title Game app: 1992 Jets: 1998

The last time you came close: 1994 Jets: 2004

How was 2004 close for the Jets?

You lost in the divisional playoffs. I would have said close if you lost in the superbowl but calling close losing in the divisional playoffs? Wow i guess the Jests really do have nothing to talk about these days.

And i'm not sure if it was you that said that comment about Rex Ryan and Bart Scott proving everybody wrong, but that is pretty funny. The only reason Bart Scott produced in Baltimore was because he was behind a beastly defensive line and next to one of the best linebackers in the game today. If you think Bart Scott is going to change an entire defense than you are dead wrong.

2008 NFL New York Jets 9 7
2007 NFL New York Jets 4 12
2006 NFL New York Jets 10 6
2005 NFL New York Jets 4 12
2004 NFL New York Jets 10 6
2003 NFL New York Jets 6 10
2002 NFL New York Jets 9 7

Notice a trend? Odd year = losing record.

There's always 2010!!!

The Jets Def is going to be much better, but they don't have an offense!

They are consistently one of the league's sorriest teams, and I like having them around, but let's get real. Any team that is more focused on beating us than winning championships is never gonna get it done.

They're petty, and that fireman is weak, too.

How are we consistently one of the leagues sorriest teams when only 3 AFC teams have more playoff apps than us since 2001.

Who is more focused on beating you? rex was talking about the pats not the dolphins, Crowder brought he and the dolphins into the conversation.

if you think miami would spend that much money on an aging ILB that has been a complimentary player his whole career.. your more clueless than i thought !

So Bart Scott is "aging" at 28 years old but Porter being 30 when you signed him was in his prime?

How was 2004 close for the Jets?

You lost in the divisional playoffs. I would have said close if you lost in the superbowl but calling close losing in the divisional playoffs? Wow i guess the Jests really do have nothing to talk about these days.

And i'm not sure if it was you that said that comment about Rex Ryan and Bart Scott proving everybody wrong, but that is pretty funny. The only reason Bart Scott produced in Baltimore was because he was behind a beastly defensive line and next to one of the best linebackers in the game today. If you think Bart Scott is going to change an entire defense than you are dead wrong.

We were 1 of 2 makeable kicks that we msised from going to the AFC Title Game. you can't really get closer than that.

I was talking about close to getting to the title game.

Bart Scott doesn't need to change an entire defense, he has alot of talent around him here as well. Maybe not quite as much as baltimore but we have alot of talent on D.

2008 NFL New York Jets 9 7
2007 NFL New York Jets 4 12
2006 NFL New York Jets 10 6
2005 NFL New York Jets 4 12
2004 NFL New York Jets 10 6
2003 NFL New York Jets 6 10
2002 NFL New York Jets 9 7

Notice a trend? Odd year = losing record.

There's always 2010!!!

You left out 2001 when we were 10-6:D

2003: Chad gtes hurt in preseason
2005: Chad is lost for the season in week 3
2007: Chad tears ligaments in his ankle in Week 1
2009: No Chad here to get hurt so hopefully we win in an odd year.

Back
Top Bottom