Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins?

Yep.

The at home experience rocks.

Dolphins game on one tv and the other has redzone.

It's great. I love it.

I will admit that with all the high def, redzone, etc etc.... watching the game at home, making awesome food, and all that goes with it these days is pretty ****ing awesome.

But, I also admit that as I watched last week, if I had been in Miami, I wouldve loved to had been at the stadium chanting REGGIE REGGIE in the 4th qtr. Thats where its at.

In fact, I think Im heading to S Florida in a few weeks and was pissed to discover we will be on the road that weekend. Otherwise, I wouldve of course gone to the game.

Sick of the economy excuse...... GET YOUR MONEY UP. People act like it costs a fortune to go to the game. Yea, if you live in WV or Penn it does. You have to buy an airline ticket, pay for a hotel, rental car etc etc and use a couple of days just to go. If you live in S Florida, tickets arent that expensive. Parking...meh. Carpool bitches. Beer? Drink water. Eat before you go to the game. Tailgate. $100 tops gets you there. I spend more than that taking my kids to see Madagascar 46. Get real.

The only real negative of going to the game these days is the behavior of some of the idiots at the games. I wouldnt take my children with me to an NFL game. Kinda sad.

It's not just football. It's all sports. They're just damn expensive. Owners are sucking every dime out of us, but so are player salaries. They have to be paid somehow.

Fans maybe will be lucky to make 1% of what players make. We don't even whiff that of what owners make.

the heat owner has admitted he is losing money every year, even with the heat winning championships, player salaries, coaches, and everything sucks all the money up. Arison owns the heat because he loves the team and invests in it to win, its not even about the money with arison. With ross you dont get that same impression, this team hasnt signed a good WR in quite awhile, you had vincent jackson out there, robert meachem and quite a few others. Ross aint willing to spend big money but expects to sell out every home game. Its not happenning.

Was thinking about hopping a flight for the day. Anyone know if cabs are available at the stadium after the game for a return trip to the airport?

Wish I could go, getting married next month so we are on a tight budget!

I am going to the Titans game though! Sec 401 Row 1 Seats 3-4!

You have in previous threads. Its a free country and you can say what you like, but it doesnt mean your opinion isnt off base.

I think its hilarious that you ask, mockingly, if attendance will rise once the Dolphins start winning (implying most in S. FL are bandwagon fans) when youve never even lived in Florida. Of course attendance will increase. First off, not every fan is a die-hard and every city has a good percentage of fans at every game that are more or less fairweather. Its not just Miami. Then you have actual die-hards who simply are not in a financial situation to justify spending as much to see a team thats been perpetually disappointing when they can watch at home for free. I know a lot of people like that and Id fall into tha category myself since Im probably only going to one game this year. I even got friends back home who some years make a trip over stateside just to see a game and havent lately because the team has sucked and theyve been disappointed when they went.

Turn this team around and those guys that are spending cash thats hard to come by on games will leave happy instead of bummed out and find it much easier to justify pulling the trigger on another game. Its just a fact of life. Im in S. Florida for half the year. I know these people. I watch it happen. If we become a consistent winner, people will come. I know a lot of out of towners tend to ignore it, but most of the teams that have been in the bottom third of the league lately have attendance issues. The Raiders blacked out last year. The Lions did for a while. Cards did. Rams did. Jags did. Bucs did. Chargers did and theyve been decent. Im sure Im missing a few. Save me the whole "Miami fans suck because the seats arent packed every game" nonsense.

Also, as Awsi has stated a few times before, it wouldnt hurt to actually have a better in game football atmosphere there. The stadium sucks for football.

I have refrained from really saying anything about the local fan base in this thread. Mostly I have just answered questions to some out of state fans asking whether or not the game will be on Direct TV Sunday Ticket for them. I did make a joke about the beach on page 2, but hardly anything that would be considered attacking or bashing the local fans. Not even close. I am getting close to saying something since guys like you Tyler, Vertical Limit and Dolphins7273 keep probing me to try and say something, but if I do, you may not like the straight forward truth that I would say. The fact is, you guys are targeting me in this specific thread only because of my presence in it, not because of what I am saying in it. Read my posts, with the exception of the beach joke, I have said NOTHING about the local fan base being bad or good.

when youve never even lived in Florida
You know this how? Just because I currently live out of state doesn't mean I "never" lived in Florida or don't have a current connection to the state. You are right that I don't currently live in Florida, my permanent home residence is in a different state. However, up to and sometimes over a total of a month of every year I spend in the state of Florida. I also go to 1-2 home Miami Dolphins games a year. That means as an out of state fan, I go to between 13-25% of the Dolphins home games and unlike the locals, my cost includes hotel and flight.

I choose not to get in a pissing match about how good or how bad the local fans are, as I have not bashed the locals at all in this thread. I would rather focus on the excitement and build up of a critical home division game against the New York Jets. I know I will get to see it, so I am very excited for Sunday's game. Go Dolphins!

I have refrained from really saying anything about the local fan base in this thread. Mostly I have just answered questions to some out of state fans asking whether or not the game will be on Direct TV Sunday Ticket for them. I did make a joke about the beach on page 2, but hardly anything that would be considered attacking or bashing the local fans. Not even close. I am getting close to saying something since guys like you Tyler, Vertical Limit and Dolphins7273 keep probing me to try and say something, but if I do, you may not like the straight forward truth that I would say. The fact is, you guys are targeting me in this specific thread only because of my presence in it, not because of what I am saying in it. Read my posts, with the exception of the beach joke, I have said NOTHING about the local fan base being bad or good.

You know this how? Just because I currently live out of state doesn't mean I "never" lived in Florida or don't have a current connection to the state. You are right that I don't currently live in Florida, my permanent home residence is in a different state. However, up to and sometimes over a total of a month of every year I spend in the state of Florida. I also go to 1-2 home Miami Dolphins games a year. That means as an out of state fan, I go to between 13-25% of the Dolphins home games and unlike the locals, my cost includes hotel and flight.

I choose not to get in a pissing match about how good or how bad the local fans are, as I have not bashed the locals at all in this thread. I would rather focus on the excitement and build up of a critical home division game against the New York Jets. I know I will get to see it, so I am very excited for Sunday's game. Go Dolphins!

Don't act like you haven't bashed the locals 2164654665898 times before.

Don't act like you haven't bashed the locals 2164654665898 times before.

I haven't "attacked" or "bashed" the locals in THIS thread, you(and a few others) specifically went out of your way to mention me and attack me. Again, the attacks were based just on my presence in this thread and not my actual post content. You are trying to make it personal, don't.

Also seeing that I have only 29,239 posts your number of 2,164,654,665,898 is inaccurate. I like to stick to facts instead of random made up statements.

I haven't "attacked" or "bashed" the locals in THIS thread, you(and a few others) specifically went out of your way to mention me and attack me. Again, the attacks were based just on my presence in this thread and not my actual post content. You are trying to make it personal, don't.

Also seeing that I have only 29,239 posts your number of 2,164,654,665,898 is inaccurate. I like to stick to facts instead of random made up statements.

I "attacked" you? Are you ok? Is it broken? lol. And I know you didn't in THIS thread. That's why I said BEFORE.

I "attacked" you? Are you ok? Is it broken? lol. And I know you didn't in THIS thread. That's why I said BEFORE.

I am fine, and yes you did call me out in this thread.

I'm not going just to piss off Nublar7. lol

Granted nothing much, but you did mention me without being prompted to. Are YOU ok? Mostly I was referring to some other individuals, like the one that went on a lengthy rant about me in past threads in regards to a topic similar to this one, even though I never said anything about the local fan base in this thread. I do find it funny that the locals get so bent out of shape when anybody says anything negative about them, no matter how small the comment is. It is OK to blast the team and the fans that try and support them, but God forbid someone criticize the local fan base and suddenly they are way off base and out of touch. :lol: They can dish the heat, just can't take it. No biggie though, I have not bashed or attacked the local fans in THIS thread or plan on doing so.

Can't wait to watch the game on Sunday. Hopefully you locals get to see it also.

The NFL should get rid of the blackout rules like other sports. I live in Toronto. We're the mecca of Hockey, we sellout every game and haven't won a championship since '67. I can't even remember the last time we made the playoffs. And EVERY game is telecast.

same goes for all other team sports, Baseball, Basketball, CFL, and MLS soccer. At the end of the day, if you create the product, it won't always equate to selling out. That's for sure.

But if you create consistent winning, a perennial playoff contender, the attendance will play itself out.

Blackouts, I don't believe have any affect on selling tickets whatsoever.

Besides telecasting every game would be a reason to boost TC revenues. Could you imagine being a local business, buying advertising only to have the game blacked out? Asinine.

I'm kind of depressed here because fans are tearing into other fans over attendance.

Guys, what was Tony Sparano's record as head coach at Sun Life Stadium? 9-15 over the last three years? 9-15 and the football was just boring. Boring football. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. We're talking about 13-10 losses to the Cleveland ****ing Browns. People paid to watch that game. I paid to watch that game.

And how about the 'Fins Up' nonsense? The Jay-Z and Jimmy Buffett songs?

IMO, the attendance issue is simple. The team drove the fans away. For me, it wasn't just the crappy product on the field, it was Steve Ross and the business side of the team ruining the stadium experience. Well, that and skin cancer. But paying money to go to a Dolphins game in 2010 (the last time I went to a game), it was like paying somebody to punch me in the gut. Just a horrible experience. Bad football, nothing to cheer for, nothing to get excited about, and they made the stadium experience downright awful.

Oh, and Jimmy Buffett isn't even a Dolphins fan. **** that guy.

Normally, this would be the point where I would chime in and blast the hell outta anyone who is down there and can afford to go, yet somehow is deciding not to attend a game vs. the frigging Jets.

However, I've decided to stop banging my head against that wall.

It's beyond my comprehension why people would actively choose to avoid going to a game vs. our most hated rivals, but I'm tired of expecting everyone to be as bat-assed crazy as me.

Going to the game? Great!!! I'm proud of you ... yell a little extra loud for 'ol Bump.

Choosing to do something else? How nice for you.

It's no skin off my ass either way. Blackout doesn't apply to WV.

Let's go Dolphins!!!

**** the Jets!!!

Where in Virginia? I just moved to Arlington..

Who told you to come into my area? :hump:

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

I'm going on Sunday, but I don't even really want to. I hate to say it but the game day experience at Sun Life Stadium has gotten worse and worse, and is especially tough for 1:00 games. I'd much rather be on the couch eating MY food, drinking MY beer, and watching the other games along with the Phins. Why would people spend their hard earned $ to see this team at such a crappy stadium? Publix and Budweiser would probably buy all of the tickets anyway.

I did last weekend b/c I care about the team. I didn't have any food or beer while there. It can be done and is very easy.

. You also have to look at all of the other options people have in Florida, like going to the beach on Sunday.

Can't go before or after? When in Miami last weekend, I went to the beach/pool at my hotel after the game. It was about 6 p.m. (and living in Virginia, I don't have direct access to a beach and all the pools in the area closed after Labor Day).

Back
Top Bottom