Boomer's new mock draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's new mock draft

Love ya Boomer I have all the respect in the world for you. I just don't see TE in the 1st round. I have been wrong more than right with draft picks as of late but I see us taking defense in at least 2 of the first 3 picks and 1st round I think will be defense. Rock on.

I like Boomer, but disagree strongly with a lot of the players he has going in certain positions...especially a TE who isn't fast enough to stretch the field, and will end up being a lot like Daniel Graham in the NFL.

You take TE's in the first round for their special athletic ability, not for being well rounded. Would Pettigrew even be a huge upgrade over what we currently? An upgrade for sure, but not enough of one to mak a luxury pick like that, plus spend the money. If you look at the trends of our drafting, who we've shown interest in, and what our needs are, I just can't see this happening.

I've been rooting for Buffalo to take him all along, because I think he'll merely be an average receiver and strong blocker in the NFL. You don't take that first round...JMHO.

I'm not sure that I would be jumping for joy with Pettigrew at 25. Could he be the guy...sure...very tempting...but is he the best value?

Along with Pettigrew...the Dolphins also brought in Dan Gronkowski among other TE's...Gronkowski has the same size and weight as Pettigrew but has better combine stats. He also is a very good blocker but was rarely used in the passing game...the difference is he won't cost a first round pick....more likely he'll be selected between the 4th and 5th round.

Another issue is Pettigrew pleaded down an assault on a Police officer charge in 2008...along with public intoxication.

While this incident is the only one on his record...one has to wonder why he had this to start with...it could raise a red flag.

will not be happy if we go TE in the first round with the way fasano and martin played last year. would like to see how the rest of that draft played out for us based on that first pick.

I read this yesterday and wasn't thrilled about a TE in the first round although I like Pettigrew quite a bit. After pondering it a bit, I really like the possibility of us picking him up as he could really help us in the running and passing game with his blocking and catching. It may not be the sexy pick but may end up very effective in the long run. If we control the ball more, this helps our defense out as well. I am warming up to the idea.

http://www.universaldraft.com/Boomer_s_2009_Mock_Draft.html

Not sure how I feel about a TE at 25. But he is a special TE. Still would love to draft Vontae Davis. I think all his character issues will not be an issue with Sparano. No doubt about Boom definitely knows his stuff.

I left a remark about a week ago and stated that it makes alot of sense. Well it's a week longer and i really stand behind this pick of pettigrew. I believe that if he is there at 25 he will be the pick. great call boomer.

The way this board is falling out, I can forgive not picking a CB. That brings the question of Pettigrew vs Nicks (this board's favorite.) Frankly I can't help but wonder if Nicks isn't another #2. Sure, he's a reliable receiver, but we have plenty of those. We need explosion and production, which is why I'd take Pettigrew.

However, I feel obligated to mention that not taking a CB in the first round means the Dolphins have to take one at 2a and maybe at 2b is any of value are available.

well in boomers defense, if the trifecta loves one thing it is great blocking tight ends that can catch the ball....that said, we have two huge holes at cb, and de/lb and we want to draft a nt early...

Dolphins will not pick a TE in round 1. No idea what Boomer is thinking.

i have been watching player/team visits, workouts news and nuggets etc. As far as i can tell Miami has not sniffed around this kid once. If they did draft him it would be the ultimate smoke screen.

i have been watching player/team visits, workouts news and nuggets etc. As far as i can tell Miami has not sniffed around this kid once. If they did draft him it would be the ultimate smoke screen.

Actually he was interviewed by the Dolphins.

A TE is possibiltiy with Bill P. I would bet my money on the 3rd round though with needs at OLB, NT and CB. A good TE can be picked up easier in the later rounds easier than the other positions.

Pettigrew is a really good player, but we have much more needs at other key postitions and really and truly if we take PEttigrew here we are wasting a big pick where we need a big player at CB,OLB, or WR. This is a pick that we are basically just adding depth to. We have Fasano as a starter and he did really well last season, especially at the cheap price we got him for.

Boomer......that was the worst Mock draft I have ever seen. Not just the Dolphins pick, but the whole draft made little to no sence at all!

Boomer......that was the worst Mock draft I have ever seen. Not just the Dolphins pick, but the whole draft made little to no sence at all!

How does any mock make sense if this one doesn't? Tell me where it falls down for you? For me the only pick I have a hard time with is Crabtree to the browns which if different would change up the mock some. But if Edwards is traded then it makes lots of sense.

Pettigrew makes alot of sense, he is the best TE in the draft which is a great position to have a great player at especially with Penny throwing the ball. If you watch his games he is pretty damn hard to stop. Also he would allow us to run even better and our two TE sets would be deadly with Fasano being a very good pass catcher and above average blocker and Pettigrew being a great blocker and a very good pass catcher, you would never know who is going into a pattern. I would like the pick alot. PLus a nice TE is always good to have with a young QB which either Henne will start next year or sometime this year if Penny can't stay healthy

Back
Top Bottom