Brace yourselves... Manti is in town | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brace yourselves... Manti is in town

Every team probably should do their due diligence on him just in case he falls to the 4th or 5th round or something.

The prior nonsense aside, I just don't think he is that good

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I agree and i hope there is no serious interest from the fins.

I just think the whole episode was blown out of proportion. He is just a kid and there are hundreds of grown adults getting scammed or schemed financially or emotionally every day. Hopefully he will learn from this and not let the media's unrelenting coverage of him be a hindrance in his life or to his future football career. I mean look how many pro athletes get duped out of their millions by people conning them into starting a square tire store or investing in a cauliflower chewing gum company. Happens all the time.

I don't think he'll translate to the NFL. A name that comes to mind that reminds me of him, and I know it's completely different at qb, is Tebow.

Well both are very religious and have big a$$es but Tim's still a virgin and doesn't have phone sex with fake dead girlfriends or Tuiasosopo. Actually, only their mothers can tell them apart.

No thanks. I hope he becomes a Patriot or Jet so that I can continue to dislike him as a player.

If Manti became a Jet could you imagine the competition for headlines between Sanchez, Tebow and Te'o. Make it happen Woody..

Forget the circus. The Alabama game tells you everything you need to know about his prospects as a pro.

LOL, kinda like the 1983 Sugar Bowl told you all you needed to know about Marino?? The game he lost 7-3, failed to put up an offensive TD, went 19 of 37 for 181 yards, no TDs and one interception?? Nice logic, really nice.

I would LOVE to have this guy. But only if he free falls which could VERY easily be the case. He is slow, has baggage, had a terrible last game, and a terrible pro day. But his college production is hard to ignore. He can play in the NFL, but he has to be offended and out to prove everyone wrong for letting him fall. If he is drafted in the top 2 rounds I will say he will not be very good. BUT if he falls into the 3rd, I would love to use our 3b on the kid. We have all seen it happen where a player is just not the type of person teams want. Imagine being ANY NFL GM and trying to tell your fanbase why you drafted this guy with one of your top 2 picks. He is the guy everyone loves to hate. That usually makes him the guy I tend to pull for.

If we gave up a 2rd pick for him, I would not be happy. But I would love to have him in the 3rd. Just my take.

He looked great until the Alabama game, so can he handle top competition at an NFL level?

Teo's athletic testing confirms that he's the linebacker that you saw in the Alabama game when he's faced with the type of talent he's going to see in the NFL every week. Fact is, there's not much demand in the NFL for slow witted, slow footed linebackers who don't tackle well and are without great instincts.

The NC game defines Te'o as lacking fortitude, intense mental composure, and competence in tackling against the best team by far they faced all year. According to Te'o he was aware the girlfriend situation was a hoax, but didn't have the mental capacity to focus purely on the game at hand. He uses it as an excuse which is a failing admission for a kid that hopes to be drafted in the 1st round.

If he thought Bama was tough, wait until he enters an NFL locker room where he will be teased mercilessly. He'll find out not only does the NFL have the best athletes, but they also have some of the best trash talkers. A weak mental resolve could surely crack under the pressure. I don't have anything against Te'o although I do believe he received awards under false pretenses which should've gone to athletes who were clearly superior to him.

His "career" really wasn't much until his grandmother and girlfriend died, and gained publicity because of the stories. The reality is that if Pitt just makes that point, or the refs don't incorrectly rule that Stepfan Taylor didn't break the plane.... Teo doesn't finish high in the Heisman Trophy balloting and none of what happened against Bama even transpires.

I think he's a 3rd/4th round linebacker that's been coddled by Notre Dame, and would be viewed more accurately as to what he really is if he played anywhere else. There's no question that he's the best player to come out of South Bend since Brady Quinn.

The smartest thing Te'o did was to turn down his appearance at the NFL Draft.

I'm a Notre Dame fan and I would just like to point out that a lot of the interceptions he got last season were pure luck. Tipped passes, being in the right spot at the right time, etc. I'm with you on him after really taking the homer glasses off on him. But I do disagree about one thing, I think Eifert is our best player to come out in awhile

He looked great until the Alabama game, so can he handle top competition at an NFL level?

Well that's the question, isn't it. The Alabama game was the first game in his career where he played against an NFL quality offensive line.

I really dont care about his fake girlfriend or any of the off the field stuff. I dont think he can cover and I dont think his addition to the team would be beneficial

Back
Top Bottom