Brady Quinn product of system | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Quinn product of system

BlaznRoarn said:
So did ryan leaf....

so did Peyton Manning...........it can go either way. It ALWAYS can, with any position. With the "so did Ryan Leaf" logic then we should just wait til round 6 for a QB, because that is where Brady came from and, love him or hate him, he wins.

Cannonboy said:
I think Quinn will be good, remember he is working with less than what Leinart has. Lets face it, ND doesn't have a Bush on the team like USC does. I also think USC's receivers are alot more talented then ND's

That's not true. I'm not taking anything away from USC's receiving corps, but Notre Dame's wide receivers are just as good. Jeff Samardzija caught 71 passes for 1190 yards (16.8 YPC average) and 15 TDs and is considered a legitimate 1st team All-American candidate. Maurice Stovall finally lived up to his immense potential this year and caught 60 passes for 1023 yards (17 YPC average) and 11 TDs. Notre Dame's tight end, Anthony Fasano, has some of the best hands of any tight end in the nation. While he only caught 2 TDs this year, he did manage to catch 45 passes for 564 yards (12.5 YPC average). Charlie Weis has been around a lot of really good tight ends (see Mark Bavaro and Ben Coates) and he said if he's coached a tight end who is better than Fasano, he can't remember him. While he is not as good as Reggie Bush (as I don't think there is a college player in the country who is), Darius Walker is a an excellent running back who is only a sophomore and will get even better.

So Notre Dame is hardly void of talent on the offensive side if the ball as some would believe.

I agree with this thread. Quinn was horrible until this year when Weis came in.

What did Weis do? He gave his QB insane amounts of time to make plays by using 3 TE sets many times. Time that NFL QBs don't real have. I know Saban will not draft Quinn. I think Quinn is a great college QB because he listens and does what he is told, but im not so sure about in the pros.

Weis makes QBs better then they are because he is an offensive genius.

Bowl_Bound said:
Million dollar question... Does he come out and we will get a shoty at him? I think Saban is drooling over him!!!
It can't be answered at this time because we have no idea how we'll end up... (6-10 seems about right, IMO)

I really believe that Quinn and Young come out this year. The absence of a CBA in 07 will be the reason why, IMO.

enigmatics said:
That's because Charlie Weiss is a QB's kind of coach. Ty Willingham's program stinks. I'm sorry, have you ever seen a quality QB come from his program? Give credit where credit is due, Brady Quinn has blossomed because of the attention Charlie Weiss has given to him, not just the system. That's such a broad statement - "It's the system" - and could be applied to any player in any facet of the game. Maybe this has eluded you for eons, but the NFL is comprised of certain players who fit certain systems so this argument over him being a product of a system is ridiculous. You aren't a Pats hater carrying your hatred on over to Weiss because he was their OC are you? Quinn's got all the physical attributes a coach could want and is extremely athletic. He makes good reads, gutsy, his passes are on the money, and he's obviously taken control of the huddle. For christs sake he's running a pro-style offense and is doing amazing in it - by that notion alone he's already at least a little bit ahead of the curve when it comes to other QB's heading into the NFL.

Look, last year when I was watching ND people were already starting to talk about him and I didn't see it so I know where you're coming from. However, I decided to open my eyes a little and actually watch him.

As I said, its a feeling I have, not a thought process. You know, like a hunch, or a gut feeling, sort of like when you thought Ronnie Brown would amount to nothing? lol Sorry, I had to ;)

SammySmif said:
I agree with this thread. Quinn was horrible until this year when Weis came in.

What did Weis do? He gave his QB insane amounts of time to make plays by using 3 TE sets many times. Time that NFL QBs don't real have. I know Saban will not draft Quinn. I think Quinn is a great college QB because he listens and does what he is told, but im not so sure about in the pros.

Weis makes QBs better then they are because he is an offensive genius.

Brady Quinn was only a sophomore last year and despite playing for a poor coaching staff still showed glimpses of his potential. Tyrone Willingham was so rigid and unbending in his system. He was going to run the West Coast Offense no matter what. He did that with Carlyle Holliday (a great athlete whose strong suit is as an option QB) and with Brady Quinn (a prototypical dropback passer).

As for your claims about Quinn having too much time, time that he wouldn't have in the pros, have you watched a game where the pocket collapses? He can make excellent throws on the run and make things happen with his feet.

I do agree that he Coach Weis makes QBs better, but Tom Brady isn't exactly suffering since Weis has gone. Weis is an excellent teacher and an offensive genius. That will make Brady Quinn the most NFL ready QB to come out in years when he declares for the draft in 2007.

shellgh0st said:
As I said, its a feeling I have, not a thought process. You know, like a hunch, or a gut feeling, sort of like when you thought Ronnie Brown would amount to nothing? lol Sorry, I had to ;)

Two completely different scenarios. I was arguing over who was the better pure runningback between Ronnie and Caddy - NOT which one will make it in the NFL. You're arguing that Quinn is a product of his system.

Those "feelings" ever picked out the right numbers to Powerball by any chance? :rofl3:

enigmatics said:
Two completely different scenarios. I was arguing over who was the better pure runningback between Ronnie and Caddy - NOT which one will make it in the NFL. You're arguing that Quinn is a product of his system.

Those "feelings" ever picked out the right numbers to Powerball by any chance? :rofl3:

Nah, I clearly remember you being a RB HATER.

Ever heard the term "eye for talent"? You know the thing you lack, considering how you hated on RB.

P.S. I wasn't arguring, I was giving an opinion on how I FELT and made that clear from the start. So, read my posts clearly before you respond to what I post.

BlaznRoarn said:
So did ryan leaf....

Leaf was also a jerk who thought he was the greatest ever. He didn't listen to any of his coaches. Great comparison there. :rolleyes:

I just hope we get a franchise Qb cuz we are lacking at the position since dan left!!! I hope Brady, Matt ,Pinegar, Young ,Cutler whom ever we choose will pan out

dominizzo said:
I just hope we get a franchise Qb cuz we are lacking at the position since dan left!!! I hope Brady, Matt ,Pinegar, Young ,Cutler whom ever we choose will pan out

I totally agree. Its our number one position of need. I'm willing to support whomever the team selects.

enigmatics said:
Bingo bango bongo............. Weiss was the key. He was masterful with Tom Brady and now he's doing it with Brady Quinn. It's amazing to me that nobody can give the man credit for helping with Quinn's blossoming.

I haven't watched him play, only highlights but this is exactly what worries me. I can very easily give Weis all the credit in the world because in my book he's an offensive genius. So much so, that I have to wonder if it's Weis' incredible NFL coaching ability and schemes that are making Quinn look great in college. Can Weis possibly do this with any half decent QB?

IMO Quinn will be a great pick at QB for us if he declares. He has the size, arm, and mobility (at least within the pocket) to be very good...and as others have already said he has been dominant in a pro-style offense and has shown good awareness. I would be thrilled if we could get him.

If he doesnt declare, though...I want Cutler. He has put up good numbers, and has impressed me the handful of times I've seen him play. The Vandy-UF game sold me on him..even in double OT in the Swamp he didnt seem at all nervous, calmly hanging in the pocket, dodging the rush and making laser throws all over the field. If either one of these guys is wearing aqua and orange next year, i'll be happy.

shellgh0st said:
Nah, I clearly remember you being a RB HATER.

Ever heard the term "eye for talent"? You know the thing you lack, considering how you hated on RB.

P.S. I wasn't arguring, I was giving an opinion on how I FELT and made that clear from the start. So, read my posts clearly before you respond to what I post.

Nah, the guy who created the thread in which "Ronnie was a bust" could be coined a hater. I merely spoke on my disappointment in Ronnie's dancing and ability to hit the hole early on in the year when Caddy was showing that he could come in and do it right away. That's no hatership, that's fact, Caddy was tearing it up. But as the weeks progressed Ronnie started showing the same and I attested to that. However it was never a matter of the bad case of hater that you're suffering from, just a case of impatience.

Your feelings have no relevance to the argument at hand. You cannot simply discredit all that Quinn's showns simply because "you feel" a certain way. There's no factual substance to back any of that up. Besides, you never gave any indication about what it is exactly about Weis's system that could perhaps make a QB look better than he actually is - especially the author of this thread. It's a joke. Anytime arguments like this are brought up, people continue to utilize that same lame form of generalizing.

If you actually paid attention to Quinn, broke him down by watching his mechanics, footwork, pocket awareness, etc. etc. you'd see one helluva QB. So let me hear this, if the man were to go back to school next year and continue on with his stellar performance would he still be just a "product" of the system he plays in?

I'm sorry, but it defies all logic that (if he came out) he'd be a top 10 pick because of the system he played in. You actually have to have talent, a wealth of it at that, to get drafted that high.

Back
Top Bottom