Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL

is B-Marsh a Top 3 WR in the NFL to you?

• Total voters
I voted no, but it's extremely close. The way I see it is:
1. Andre Johnson- the complete package. Size,speed,strenght,and hands.
2. Larry Fitzgerald-Attacks the ball at its highest point so well.
3. Calvin Johnson- Just a freak. One of the best athletes in the league. If not for playing on the Lions I have no doubt others would put him up here too.
4. Miles Austin- Yea, say what you want about how he has only done it for one season. I don't care. Almost physical as Brandon Marshall with a sick double-move.
5. Brandon Marshall- Hands and yards after catch separate him from all second tier recievers.
Sounds like you don't have an idea of what you re saying. Austin as physical as Marshall? ROFL.

Sounds like you don't have an idea of what you re saying. Austin as physical as Marshall? ROFL.

I think what he meant is by broken tackles. Marshall was 3rd in the league with 14 broken or avoided tackles and Austin tied for 4th with 13 broken or avoided tackles.

You can't put Calvin Johnson in a top WR discussion. He hasn't proved enough yet, nor can you put Austin in any discussion either it was his 1st year doing anything

You can't put Calvin Johnson in a top WR discussion. He hasn't proved enough yet, nor can you put Austin in any discussion either it was his 1st year doing anything

We're not talkin about careers here. We are talking about who is the best wide reciever right now. Have you seen the production Calvin Johnson has put up with the talent around him? It's flat-out amazing. I live in Michigan, and have to watch the garbage lions nearly every week. The kid is a freak. Put him on any decent team, he automatically becomes a top 3 wide reciever. Nothing about Miles Austin 's season is a fluke. It was the first year he was given a chance, and he became their clear-cut number one (something many doubted). Look at his stats. 81 rep, 1,320 yards, 16.3 yards per catch, 11 touchdown receptions. He will countine to perform this way and you know it. Don't tell me his not as good as these wide recievers, because he just started doing it. We are talking about right now.

We're not talkin about careers here. We are talking about who is the best wide reciever right now. Have you seen the production Calvin Johnson has put up with the talent around him? It's flat-out amazing. I live in Michigan, and have to watch the garbage lions nearly every week. The kid is a freak. Put him on any decent team, he automatically becomes a top 3 wide reciever. Nothing about Miles Austin 's season is a fluke. It was the first year he was given a chance, and he became their clear-cut number one (something many doubted). Look at his stats. 81 rep, 1,320 yards, 16.3 yards per catch, 11 touchdown receptions. He will countine to perform this way and you know it. Don't tell me his not as good as these wide recievers, because he just started doing it. We are talking about right now.

Well since you want to use last season as an example, Calvin Johnson had just 67 catches for 984 yards and 5 TDs. Not exactly top 3 WR material.

You are referring to what Johnson did two seasons ago.

Well since you want to use last season as an example, Calvin Johnson had just 67 catches for 984 yards and 5 TDs. Not exactly top 3 WR material.

When he didn't have a rookie quarterback throwing him the ball,yes. He is their ONLY WEAPON. The offensive line is garbage, running backs are average at best, and secondary wide recievers are sub par.

When he didn't have a rookie quarterback throwing him the ball,yes. He is their ONLY WEAPON. The offensive line is garbage, running backs are average at best, and secondary wide recievers are sub par.

Kinda like what Marshall had last season?

oooooohhhhhhhh........BUSTED...hahaha
I cant even phathom people saying Marshall is not in the top five. Please watch more football

I love animosity so much. It totally makes this down time soo much better.

IMO Marshall is top 3 receiver in the league. Andre, Fitz then Marshall.

Remember that Marshall has had two different qbs and still producing.. 100+ receptions.

Yeah, I probably have rose colored glasses on, but who cares I a A FIN FAN for life.

Alright let's not push it. The Broncos had somewhat of a run game with a decent offensive line. The Broncos are not a great team by any stretch of the imagination (or even a good one for that matter), but we are talking about the Detriot Lions. A team that has won a combined two games the past two seasons. I can go postion-by-position between the Lions and Broncos, but there really is no comparison.

oooooohhhhhhhh........BUSTED...hahaha
I cant even phathom people saying Marshall is not in the top five. Please watch more football

I ranked Marshall in my top five? How about you read back a little, and then comment.I'm just amazed at the fact that you guys are just completely disregarding any wide reciever other than Fitzgerald and A.Johnson being better than Marshall. I am extremely excited for the addition of Brandon Marshall, and love what he brings to the table, but I think we need to be a little more reasonable. It's the nfl, there will always be discussion about the best players at each position. You can't just disregard what other players do in the league, because you think that the player that plays for your favorite team is the best.

Once he gets his crap together he is going to be straight up scary, though.

Once he gets his crap together he is going to be straight up scary, though.
Don't you mean once the Lions get their crap together. I mean he isnt known as being lazy on the field or had any off-field problems so I dont know what you mean by his crap?

Back
Top Bottom