BS ! O-Line, not Feeley's fault | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BS ! O-Line, not Feeley's fault

enigmatics said:
:newbie:
:mrt:

Sorry chief. We offered a ton of money.........nearly gave Woody the highest bonus ever seen by an interior lineman. Get your facts straight.
Oh and Detroit did give him the highest bonus by an interior linemen, that's why he's a Lion. Squabling over what in the long run isn't that much more money. And I know you're probably gonna say something about only so much on the salary cap, and you're right, however that is why you give a big upfront bonus, then backload the base salary.

C-Money84 said:
I know we offered a lot, but what we weren't willing to give what Detroit was giving him, and in the long run it wasn't that much more money.

U said "penny pinching" my friend............you had no point. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

C-Money84 said:
Oh and Detroit did give him the highest bonus by an interior linemen, that's why he's a Lion. Squabling over what in the long run isn't that much more money. And I know you're probably gonna say something about only so much on the salary cap, and you're right, however that is why you give a big upfront bonus, then backload the base salary.

Did you also notice how he never made it to Miami? Detroit worked hard to get him and it paid off, he never even made his flight out to Florida. Don't be a whiner.........that's what you sound like when you blame this on the fact that we didn't give him ridiculous money. Damien Woody wouldn't be the man to change what we've seen.

AzDolfan543413 said:
Would the offense be better off with Feely or Fiedler? I personally feel that were going to struggle one way or another, so we should let Feely go out there so we can see exactly what we need for the future. If his stats however don't change then Fiedler should be called upon to salvage something of our season.

I agree 100%

C-Money84 said:
We took a gamble on Feely and lost, but the bigger gamble was penny pinching on Tait and Woody. We rolled the dice and it came up snake eyes, with a few injuries to boot. No QB could work behind this line, NO ONE!!

Guess what? If we had signed Tait and Woody and Orlando Pace, and throw in whoever else you want -the O-line would not be that much better. These guys have never played together! and they are almost all new to the team! takes time for them to learn the playbook AND learn to play with each other!

enigmatics said:
Did you also notice how he never made it to Miami? Detroit worked hard to get him and it paid off, he never even made his flight out to Florida. Don't be a whiner.........that's what you sound like when you blame this on the fact that we didn't give him ridiculous money. Damien Woody wouldn't be the man to change what we've seen.
Not being a whiner, always support my phins and wear my gear proudly, just pointing that we never get the Top Teir OL Free Agents and it is in large part due to the contracts we offer them. then we always get left signing other teams rejects. I really like jeno james, but had we put the money used to sign St. clair and McIntosh into the contracts of Tait and Woody, it would have helped this line a lot. By the way, not matching another teams offer when in the long run it isn't that much more IS PENNY PINCHING, just on a bigger scale.

dolphindan1970 said:
With that I agreess, And I dont mean it to seem to sound as if I think A.J. is blameless, he did have a pretty bad night to. But , I just think people need to realize we need to find a QB this year !!! We dont want or need to go into next year not knowing if we have a QB of the future or not. Im tired of hearing put Fiedler in ! Forget Fiedler guys, he's had 4 years ! Forget this season also is what I am saying ! Lets give Feeley the year to see if he's our man, and if NOT, I will be the first to say, Dump him and lets go get a QB that can do the job. Even if we have to get an experienced one somewhere or trade for a draft or make a big deal or what-ever ! lets not go BAck to the future and keep trying a failed experiment with Fiedler ! I mean, yeah, I want to win this year, but I am realistic. I dont want to lose this year and next, I want to have a QB in place at least for next year, one way or another, no matter who it is that we might need to get. But we gave Fiedler 4 years, lets at least give Feeley 8-10 games and if he's not the answer, we get someone for next year. Just not JAY Fiedler !
Fiedler went 11-5 his first season, with less talent...Feeley won't go 5-11...

C-Money84 said:
Not being a whiner, always support my phins and wear my gear proudly, just pointing that we never get the Top Teir OL Free Agents and it is in large part due to the contracts we offer them. then we always get left signing other teams rejects. I really like jeno james, but had we put the money used to sign St. clair and McIntosh into the contracts of Tait and Woody, it would have helped this line a lot. By the way, not matching another teams offer when in the long run it isn't that much more IS PENNY PINCHING, just on a bigger scale.

Penny Pinching on a bigger scale???? Seriously, I've seen enough on this board. Get this thru your head..............Tait did not like the city of Miami, alot of it had to do with him being a Mormon...........and Woody never got to leave Detroit. Get that???? He never made his trip out to Miami to see what we had to offer him. He's not a complete moron and money grubbing scumbag to just say "Oh hey, you offer me more money I don't care what city you play in, I'll play for you."

enigmatics said:
Penny Pinching on a bigger scale???? Seriously, I've seen enough on this board. Get this thru your head..............Tait did not like the city of Miami, alot of it had to do with him being a Mormon...........and Woody never got to leave Detroit. Get that???? He never made his trip out to Miami to see what we had to offer him. He's not a complete moron and money grubbing scumbag to just say "Oh hey, you offer me more money I don't care what city you play in, I'll play for you."
You seriously don't think he would have come down to Miami if we would have offered him the same thing as Detroit, while we still had a healthy team and Ricky???? 90% of the players in this league don't care where they play, just as long as they get paid doing it. John Tait's wife did have a big problem with the city of Miami, but I'm sure a lot of other player's wives have problems with their husbands situations, but they still sign the contracts and play.

C-Money84 said:
You seriously don't think he would have come down to Miami if we would have offered him the same thing as Detroit, while we still had a healthy team and Ricky???? 90% of the players in this league don't care where they play, just as long as they get paid doing it. John Tait's wife did have a big problem with the city of Miami, but I'm sure a lot of other player's wives have problems with their husbands situations, but they still sign the contracts and play.

Do you have a point? There's is nothing in any of the replies you've given me that would lead me to believe we didn't do enough to get the o-line you're crying over. "I'm sure" and "90% of the players in this league" are bonafied argument losers because you're making crap up.

I just got back from a sportsbar and I think we can't make anymore excuses, this is a bad football team. The weather sucked most of the game so what little running game we had was doomed from the start. Our offensive line is not only getting our QB's killed but we got two RB's banged up too. Feeley and Fiedler BOTH have to go. Keep Sage as the backup and draft a decent QB next year. Yeah we could have had Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner, both who had decent days today, but a clean start with a new coach is what we need. Our defense played pretty well once again, but Sam Madison neeeds to undergo some ANGER MANAGEMENT classes. A win over the Jets next week would take away a lot of disappointment, but we are not going to beat anyone with the team we have now. I had to laugh over the announcers saying the Dolphins might negotiatiate with Ricky to come back. F*** Ricky...I would go 0-16 before bringing Ricky back. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom