BS ! O-Line, not Feeley's fault | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BS ! O-Line, not Feeley's fault

when for three games...one against the Bengals...that for four quarters your qb gets sacked from every angle...you have a coaching problem...our oline sucks...but you have to remember...ALL THEY DO IS BLOCK....there is a coaching problem involved....

enigmatics said:
Do you have a point? There's is nothing in any of the replies you've given me that would lead me to believe we didn't do enough to get the o-line you're crying over. "I'm sure" and "90% of the players in this league" are bonafied argument losers because you're making crap up.
The point I've been making that you aren't wanting to see because you disagree with me is that, we haven't landed better offensive linemen through free agency. And my "crying over" the o-line, you mean to tell me that you are satisfied with this offensive line??? Granted they have only had 3 regular season games playing together, and grace period and time to gel in affect, I would at least expect them to look like they've been playing football for as long as they probably have. You have your assigment, you stay low, block your guy and keep your feet moving. These guys on this line aren't doing that. There were better players available, and they aren't playing here, that tells me that we didn't do enough to get them.

Maybe we should have played this game on Monday Night, Nahhh on second thought it would not have made any difference.

C-Money84 said:
The point I've been making that you aren't wanting to see because you disagree with me is that, we haven't landed better offensive linemen through free agency. And my "crying over" the o-line, you mean to tell me that you are satisfied with this offensive line??? Granted they have only had 3 regular season games playing together, and grace period and time to gel in affect, I would at least expect them to look like they've been playing football for as long as they probably have. You have your assigment, you stay low, block your guy and keep your feet moving. These guys on this line aren't doing that. There were better players available, and they aren't playing here, that tells me that we didn't do enough to get them.

This isn't a case of what "I wanna see" this is a massive case of "you're dreaming pal!" Where in my statement did I say I was satisfied with the state of our o-line????? Again, who's the one with the "seeing" problem? Fact is you keep mentioning there were better players available, but you speak as though it fits into the big picture.........the salary cap picture not only now, but for future seasons. We've got players to resign (Pat, McMichael, Chambers just got his extension) ..........there's only so much moola to spread around chief. These are 5 guys who've NEVER played a down together before this season. Do you think chemistry forms overnight? Sorry, but Damien Woody and John Tait wouldn't bring chemistry, just hoopla. And you were dreaming to begin with thinking we could sign both those guys and throw in Jeno James to boot. What, you wanted the most expensive O-line ever? Give me a break.

enigmatics said:
This isn't a case of what "I wanna see" this is a massive case of "you're dreaming pal!" Where in my statement did I say I was satisfied with the state of our o-line????? Again, who's the one with the "seeing" problem? Fact is you keep mentioning there were better players available, but you speak as though it fits into the big picture.........the salary cap picture not only now, but for future seasons. We've got players to resign (Pat, McMichael, Chambers just got his extension) ..........there's only so much moola to spread around chief. These are 5 guys who've NEVER played a down together before this season. Do you think chemistry forms overnight? Sorry, but Damien Woody and John Tait wouldn't bring chemistry, just hoopla. And you were dreaming to begin with thinking we could sign both those guys and throw in Jeno James to boot. What, you wanted the most expensive O-line ever? Give me a break.
I never said sign both of them, so read my posts more carefully, but one of these guys would have helped. And there is a certain chemistry to playing offensive line, but the majority of it is individual assignments. Smith and McIntosh aren't getting consistently beat because they aren't use to playing with a guy 3 positions to the right of them, they are getting beat because they have physical (and sometimes I wonder about mental) limitations. We do have people to re-sign, but if we would have landed 1 good O Linemen, instead of signing to scrubs, it would have still put us in the same situation we'll be in at the end of this season.

C-Money84 said:
I never said sign both of them, so read my posts more carefully, but one of these guys would have helped. And there is a certain chemistry to playing offensive line, but the majority of it is individual assignments. Smith and McIntosh aren't getting consistently beat because they aren't use to playing with a guy 3 positions to the right of them, they are getting beat because they have physical (and sometimes I wonder about mental) limitations. We do have people to re-sign, but if we would have landed 1 good O Linemen, instead of signing to scrubs, it would have still put us in the same situation we'll be in at the end of this season.
oh so break the bank for Woody...do you have any idea what we would have had to pay to OUT BID Detroit for him...what would you have said if we did that and we still played the same as we did tonight? that we over paid maybe???

C-Money84 said:

So wait................you never said the following:

C-MONEY84 said:
C-Money84 said:
Not being a whiner, always support my phins and wear my gear proudly, just pointing that we never get the Top Teir OL Free Agents and it is in large part due to the contracts we offer them. then we always get left signing other teams rejects. I really like jeno james, but had we put the money used to sign St. clair and McIntosh into the contracts of Tait and Woody, it would have helped this line a lot. By the way, not matching another teams offer when in the long run it isn't that much more IS PENNY PINCHING, just on a bigger scale.

............and for guys like McIntosh.......it was his first game back. You're not Tom Coughlin are you? You're done man..................

ABrownLamp said:
oh so break the bank for Woody...do you have any idea what we would have had to pay to OUT BID Detroit for him...what would you have said if we did that and we still played the same as we did tonight? that we over paid maybe???

Yeah our boy C-Millionaire84 over there wants all the ridiculously expensive FA's, regardless how much money is already invested in the defense and some of the upcoming contract extensions we need to give.

ABrownLamp said:
If we signed Woody or Tait, then we wouldn't have had to sign an injured Mcintosh or a bench warming St. Clair who constantly got beat in St. Louis when he played. What he got from Detroit wasn't very much more then what we offered him. Granted all of this is hind sight, there were better offensive linemen in free agency that we didn't get. Instead of getting 1 good o linemen, we got 1 decent o linemen, and 2 o linemen who no one else wanted. Our QB has gotten the sh*t knocked out of him way too much in 3 games, and our running game has been completely non existent.

C-Money84 said:
If we signed Woody or Tait, then we wouldn't have had to sign an injured Mcintosh or a bench warming St. Clair who constantly got beat in St. Louis when he played. What he got from Detroit wasn't very much more then what we offered him. Granted all of this is hind sight, there were better offensive linemen in free agency that we didn't get. Instead of getting 1 good o linemen, we got 1 decent o linemen, and 2 o linemen who no one else wanted. Our QB has gotten the sh*t knocked out of him way too much in 3 games, and our running game has been completely non existent.

You keep saying "better O-lineman out there" ...........skill-wise Tait and Woody are, but who else??????????? C'mon man, let's hear all the better players and their breakdowns since you're such an O-line expert. You speak in too many generalities to hold any weight.

enigmatics said:
So wait................you never said the following:

............and for guys like McIntosh.......it was his first game back. You're not Tom Coughlin are you? You're done man..................
I'm sorry that I trusted you to read between the lines. I will from now on explain everything in absolute detail for you. I meant that had we put that money into their contract offers, we definately would have a better chance to sign one of them. Sorry for giving you credit enough to assume something that should be common knowledge, I will refrain from doing that again.

I find it really funny that you see all these peeps jumpin on AJ. If anyone ever saw him play in Philly, they'd let it go. You can't make miracles happen in 2 weeks. Give it a f'n rest :yell:

C-Money84 said:
I'm sorry that I trusted you to read between the lines. I will from now on explain everything in absolute detail for you. I meant that had we put that money into their contract offers, we definately would have a better chance to sign one of them. Sorry for giving you credit enough to assume something that should be common knowledge, I will refrain from doing that again.

Oh ...........so now it's common knowledge???? Everyone in this whole forum knew you meant that we should use the money we gave to McIntosh and St. Clair to perhaps MAYBE get either Tait OR Woody??? Especially when you said BOTH?????? Hahahahaahhahh Don't let me keep you from feasting on your own foot now.

Guys ...............OR is the equivalent to BOTH........... you're all idiots if you didn't understand that. :roflmao:

C-Money84 said:
You obviously have no idea why Tait didn't sign with miami...

Don't you find it odd that the BENGALS could penetrate our line from every angle for 4 quarters...do you really think our Oline is THAT talentless that they couldn't BLOCK...BLOCK...I will say that again...BLOCK...not do anything else but BLOCK...for four quarters...wouldn't you say that is a coaching problem...it was the BENGALS....

frostbytze said:
I find it really funny that you see all these peeps jumpin on AJ. If anyone ever saw him play in Philly, they'd let it go. You can't make miracles happen in 2 weeks. Give it a f'n rest :yell:

The Eagles and the Dolphins were and are two VERY different teams. His situation in his 5 game stint means nothing here in Miami. Call me captain obvious, but he's not going to cut it in this offense the way it is right now. So what, should we go out and try to aquire all the players he had on the Philly O so that he looks like that again? Give me a break. Just like drinking, you gotta know when to say when - AJ Feeley, I say when!

Back
Top Bottom