Charles Woodson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Woodson

Dolphan23 said:
The cornerback position is going to be worked out in training camp. I believe that Woodson doesn't need to be signed along with Ty Law. Both are great players, however, great players are of course expensive. Our backfield that we have currently is the following:

Will Allen
Travis Daniels
Will Poole
Andre Goodman
Renaldo Hill (who will probably end up playing safety)
Sideeq Shabazz (I'm not too familiar with this guy does anybody have a background check on him?)[font color=red]The 25-year-old Shabazz played in two games with New Orleans in 2005 after accumulating two NFL seasons in Atlanta and Oakland. Shabazz was originally a seventh-round draft choice of the Raiders in 2003 out of New Mexico State.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4326

He was allocated to Frankfurt for NFLE this season and is having a pretty good season there, hopefully that translates to depth this year for us.
[/font]

Kiwaukee Thomas (I havent seen anyone mention a thing about this guy from what I understand he's still on the roster correct?)
Eddie Jackson
Shirdonya Mitchell (This guy hasnt gotten a chance to even play yet, so I'm not sure what he is all about, besides his speed.)

Aside from what we have, I believe that will draft any additional players that Coach Saban and GM Mueller feel could benefit the DB position.

Just have a little on Shabazz, see above in bold.
Shirdonya was highly rated coming out of college, but due to a acl didn't get drafted, so we picked him up as a undrafted FA and did the same as ogunleye, I hope he works out as good as Oguneley did.

He's injury prone :fogey: and over the hill :cap:, no thanks

this is a move that could wait until after the draft, if we cant find a decent corner or safety. Woodson can play either, and while most teams want him as a safety, hed by far be the best corner on our team.Change of scenery may be all he needs. hes a big time player when hes playing well, and if we could get him for a decent contract im all for it. We wont get him and Arrington, though

my friend told me the easter bunny an santa clause were coming over in a blockbuster trade also, it good to have friends who make up rumors isnt it?

LoneWulF said:
this is a move that could wait until after the draft, if we cant find a decent corner or safety. Woodson can play either, and while most teams want him as a safety, hed by far be the best corner on our team.Change of scenery may be all he needs. hes a big time player when hes playing well, and if we could get him for a decent contract im all for it. We wont get him and Arrington, though

GOOD POINT....I LIKE WOODSON AND EVEN THOUGH HE'S A RISK IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY HE'S A SHUT DOWN CORNER.....BUT I WOULDNT OVERPAY FOR THE GUY AND I DONT THINK SABAN WILL EITHER

It would be a good idea to add another high priced, superstar caliber player to the defensive side of the ball. I'll say this much: If we let LaVar Arrington slip and sign with another team, then why not turn our attention over to Charles Wooodson? I know that he's injury prone, but with Will Allen on the opposite side of him, that's what having 3 other player who could potentially start is for (Daniels, Poole, Goodman). Think about it..

fin1 said:
So frickin what! John Clayton reports crap all the time. Doesn't make it true. People just need to stop listening to the sports talk geeks. Especially King Geek Clayton.

yeah man but john clayton will say something like "The dolphins have spoken with whoever and confirm some thing" grant he's wrong like alot of those so called experts but atleast alot of what he says is based on something (talks, visits, etc...)

this guy just says a sports writer friend told him woodson could sign with us.....whats the source???? how does your sportswriter know this??? is it a guess??? was it said to you April 1????

I'm not bashing the guy but i want some more concrete info

this post is a joke...if he had 5000 post i wouldnt feel better by it....but having 20 posts doesnt help his cause

DiRtYMoNkeyLovE said:
Like I said...not all of us sit on finheaven all day...because we have lives, regardless if you have a computer at work or not. My whole point was that not everyone uses finheaven like myspace. I'm not going take into account who has a cpu at work, or who works for finheaven, or who teaches finheaven to the students at their high school. To bomb someone who is basically asking a question because they have this many posts is childish. And what are you doing surfing the web at work anyways??? :goof:
I totally agree with that about bombing someone elses post just because of their post count. It is the contents of the post that should be judged, not the post count of the poster. But, realize that you are still making an assumption that because someone has alot of posts means that that person doesn't have a life. That is no better than putting down a person because they have a low post count. We shouldn't criticize anyone just based on their post count, low OR high.
On topic. IMO, if coach Saban thinks Woodson would help us, well , he knows alot more of what is better for the team than I do.

Blueprint said:
It would be a good idea to add another high priced, superstar caliber player to the defensive side of the ball. I'll say this much: If we let LaVar Arrington slip and sign with another team, then why not turn our attention over to Charles Wooodson? I know that he's injury prone, but with Will Allen on the opposite side of him, that's what having 3 other player who could potentially start is for (Daniels, Poole, Goodman). Think about it..
Also, I would rather have Woodson than Law. I don't think he would cost as much for one thing. I also think he would be able to thrive in our type of defense.

Superbowlhungry said:
A friend of mine who works as a sport writer called me this weekend and said Charles woodson was coming to the dolphins. Other people I know seemed to have heard the rumor...Has anyone here heard anything on Woodson..?
:dolphins:

..excuse me while I throw up in my mouth......:(

dolfan72734me said:
Why do you say that?
And off topic, do you also think Victoria is underated, as I do?

I read that the Packers had Woodson in and he also had a visit with his old coach Gruden, and Woodson would prefer the Bucs.

Yes, they are holding Victoria down, she should be in the mix for the women's title.

icephinfan said:
I read that the Packers had Woodson in and he also had a visit with his old coach Gruden, and Woodson would prefer the Bucs.

Yes, they are holding Victoria down, she should be in the mix for the women's title.
:yes:
And also, that would make sence about Tampa. Was the relationship between Gruden and Woodson good in Oakland?

Back
Top Bottom