Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert

Re: Cheifs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert

miamis in a pickle here...none of the top 3 tackles are getting to pick 10 all could well be gone by detroit at pick #5...you don't want to pay the price to trade up there for an ot...

this is probably the next best option but it's a heck of a price...it will cost more than just a 2nd flat unless kc REALLY REALLY wants albert out...

If we do believe in Martin at LT couldnt we get a decent, cheaper, younger but experienced RT in a trade for a reasonable price?

it's either that or you go sign winston to a one or two year deal with an option to get out after year one...i'm thinking they are luke warm on winston not only for his play but because they don't trust the idea of jon martin at left tackle long term...

i think they want a more proven left tackle...

winston is a stop gap right tackle at this point...get a year or two out of him if you can and move on...

Hoops...we have disagreed a lot in the past, but you are killing the assessment here. Folks, what he is talking about is the gosh darn reality of where the OT debate/discussion is at.

Nice work.

Hopefully, this is a tactic to lower the asking price for Winston. Otherwise, I would much rather use one of first 3 picks on an OT.

i hate the idea of trading assets for a tackle but you also got to protect your investment at qb...we don't need a top 5 tackle but we need a damn solid dependable one at least...and albert at $7.5 mil per is not a hateful contract...

i guess i look at it as i traded vontae davis for a top 10 nf left tackle in his prime and that's a hell of a lot better than trading b marsh for michael egnew...ha ha

now watch someone draft terron armstead in the 2nd and plug and play him at left tackle and look like a genius...kids very talented...just needs polish...now watch that happen...

as for eric winston the guys on a marc colombo career path folks...i don't know when it's coming if it's a year away or it's three years away but i do know when it comes it's gonna hit like a ton of bricks...so if you sign this cat give yourself an out after year 1 and every year after...ideally sign him for a one year deal...protect yourself here

anyways i'd offer em pick #56 and a contract that averages $7.5 mil per year and see if kc bites...if they want a say 5th rounder in 2014 they could have that also if it would get it done...

but not pick #42...give em #56 and something late and tell em final offer...

you're not sniffing a tackle with alberts poilish at pick #56 unless you probably overdraft a project and can wait on him...like a terron armstead i guess...but we don't want to wait on a guy to develop for 2 years
Generally not a great idea to trade 2nd round picks for guys close to 30 who are not rated in the top 10 at their position and want a lot of money.

Andy Reid will come off of a #2. He loves his picks too much come draft time. There is no need for him to ask for less right now. That is why the ESPN article is correct that this will heat up the week of the draft. I say nothing goes down for weeks.

Generally not a great idea to trade 2nd round picks for guys close to 30 who are not rated in the top 10 at their position and want a lot of money.

albert came out a year early...how old is he??? 28???...there are plenty of left tackles in this league making that kind of money...alberts a top 12 left tackle...

Plus Albert will have the ability in his career to move to RT and then inside as he ages.

yeah he's a plug and play high end left guard right now...so you have some position flexibility down the road as well...and of course you can always restructure down the line...

but i also get it if people don't like it...

yeah he's a plug and play high end left guard right now...so you have some position flexibility down the road as well...and of course you can always restructure down the line...

but i also get it if people don't like it...

Me too. It is just they have no viable alternative that actually has a chance of success. Plugging in Yeatman as the starter or a "mid round RT" as the solution. Come on folks!

miamis in a pickle here...none of the top 3 tackles are getting to pick 10 all could well be gone by detroit at pick #5...you don't want to pay the price to trade up there for an ot...

this is probably the next best option but it's a heck of a price...it will cost more than just a 2nd flat unless kc REALLY REALLY wants albert out...

I agree
People just dont get it. It seems like Jeff feels like this team is in a win now window and he cant take the chance on just any old tackel to protect his franchise QB. NONE of those tackles (top 3) will make it to 12. So Your right Albert is the next best option.
I'm OK with the trade and I am willing to bet that it becomes a draft day trade. you wont find a better OL with the 2nd round pick. Thwe issue I have is the money.
I think it is clear Miami would rather keep martin on the right side. I personally think he played better on the left but who am I?

If we do believe in Martin at LT couldnt we get a decent, cheaper, younger but experienced RT in a trade for a reasonable price?

The fact that we are talking with KC to me says we are not convinced Martin is the answer. If you feel he can move over, you don't keep talking with Jake and then call KC to inquire on Albert. If we can get him in the $7.5 mill range as some suggested, and possibly a late 2 or 3 as some feel the asking price may come down as the draft approaches, I say you have to pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom