Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are in a tough division and the schedule is tough, but I like the attacking approach we should get from this coaching staff and it seems they are going to teach players to be successful.

That's positive stuff to me!

with our schedule, we could look competitive. I dont see anything similar to '08. 2013 should be a cinderella year.

I will be cautious in regards to having faith in our unproven FO. Both Ireland and Philbin are unproven and hinging their careers on Tanney and our WRs.

Pennington lead us to the playoffs..the meatball was just there for the buffet.

so the only reason you made your only playoff app in the last decade was b/c of a Jets QB?:D

if you look at how this team played the second half of last season, you cannot tell me that we dont have a chance. with henne gone i think it makes a huge difference esp if garrard or moore is playing well and starts for us.

I think there are reasons to be optimistic but your 2nd half performance in meaningless games when you were out of the race would not be one of the reasons.

so the only reason you made your only playoff app in the last decade was b/c of a Jets QB?:D

I think there are reasons to be optimistic but your 2nd half performance in meaningless games when you were out of the race would not be one of the reasons.

Oh I see. Moore's 90plus QBR performance going 6-3 over the last 9 games, beating teams with over a .410cumulative winning percentage is meaningless BUT

..over that same period, NYJ's 4-5 including choking against us in the game they needed to win at that point in time to stay in PO contention, beating teams with a .375 winning percentage (2 of the 4 were wins against Buffalo), with Sanchez's performance over that span having a 78.6QBR, averaging 214yds and throwing 14TDs vs 12 Ints is less meaningful going forward?? Yeah right; I'd think a team and QB who were actually in it from the get-go, crapping the bed whenever they needed to stay in contention is kinda meaningful. Maybe that's just me, eh? :idk:

Oh, I'll concede that during that stretch the Fins did not beat a winning team.. but wait a minute!!! Turns out neither did the Jests!!!

And our clubhouse has no cancers, no disrespect for underperforming QBs, a healthy QB competition coming up and managed over that stretch to go 4-2 despite our meathead head coach and his offensive decision making before closing out the season with an interim coach who over the last 3 games outperformed REx. Wait a minute!!! Where is that Meatball now???

LOL

LULZ. True.

I kind of feel like this will be a lot like Saban's 1st year with Miami. We'll be a tough, detail-oriented team, and our talent will leave us short of the playoffs, but there will be a lot to build on. The key difference: we won't be bringing in Culpepper in 2013 :^p

Oh I see. Moore's 90plus QBR performance going 6-3 over the last 9 games, beating teams with over a .410cumulative winning percentage is meaningless BUT

..over that same period, NYJ's 4-5 including choking against us in the game they needed to win at that point in time to stay in PO contention, beating teams with a .375 winning percentage (2 of the 4 were wins against Buffalo), with Sanchez's performance over that span having a 78.6QBR, averaging 214yds and throwing 14TDs vs 12 Ints is less meaningful going forward?? Yeah right; I'd think a team and QB who were actually in it from the get-go, crapping the bed whenever they needed to stay in contention is kinda meaningful. Maybe that's just me, eh? :idk:

Oh, I'll concede that during that stretch the Fins did not beat a winning team.. but wait a minute!!! Turns out neither did the Jests!!!

And our clubhouse has no cancers, no disrespect for underperforming QBs, a healthy QB competition coming up and managed over that stretch to go 4-2 despite our meathead head coach and his offensive decision making before closing out the season with an interim coach who over the last 3 games outperformed REx. Wait a minute!!! Where is that Meatball now???

LOL

The Jets and our QB have a track record of WINNING BIG GAMES, maybe the late season collapse was a sign of things to come? I don't think so but you never know but you keep pointing to Matt moore's meaningless #s in meaningless games(while ignoring his awful start to help you get to 0-7) if that makes you feel better.

Your "healthy" LR got you to 6 wins, our LR in disarray led us to 8 wins. I'm guessing once again you think Miami will be better than the Jets? I gues it has to happen some time, right?

I have a good feeling about our new coaches. You can take the same people, change their leadership and get totally different results. I have seen it numerous times in the military and that is pretty much what happened with the 49'ers last year. I hope the new staff can bring out the best in all of the players.

The Jets and our QB have a track record of WINNING BIG GAMES, maybe the late season collapse was a sign of things to come? I don't think so but you never know but you keep pointing to Matt moore's meaningless #s in meaningless games(while ignoring his awful start to help you get to 0-7) if that makes you feel better.

Your "healthy" LR got you to 6 wins, our LR in disarray led us to 8 wins. I'm guessing once again you think Miami will be better than the Jets? I gues it has to happen some time, right?

really? 2 years ago Tampa Bay was 10-6 and actually Freeman was a better QB than Sanchez. Last season he stalled while his team sucked at 4-12 although I still think he's a better QB than Taco.

True to that old adage that "you're only as good as your last win" there's no reasonable expectation that TB will be the 2010 version just like there should be no reasonable expectation that a team in clubhouse chaos who could not beat 5 teams over the last 9 games with a .550 winning percentage (and that's with NE's 13-3 significantly skewing that % up) should end up any better than how they closed out the season . Considering that very team picked up 2 pieces of our coaching garbage on offense, I'd say, if anything, there's more reason for optimism in our South Beach than in your Greenwich Village.

really? 2 years ago Tampa Bay was 10-6 and actually Freeman was a better QB than Sanchez. Last season he stalled while his team sucked at 4-12 although I still think he's a better QB than Taco.

True to that old adage that "you're only as good as your last win" there's no reasonable expectation that TB will be the 2010 version just like there should be no reasonable expectation that a team in clubhouse chaos who could not beat 5 teams over the last 9 games with a .550 winning percentage (and that's with NE's 13-3 significantly skewing that % up) should end up any better than how they closed out the season . Considering that very team picked up 2 pieces of our coaching garbage on offense, I'd say, if anything, there's more reason for optimism in our South Beach than in your Greenwich Village.

2 years ago TB had a creampuff sched and no expectations to win, this past season they were expected to compete for a postseason and he was awful. I still like Freeman but he has to learn to play in big games and learn to play w/ the expectations to win like Sanchez has.

TB didn't win a big game, TB didn't win a plyoff game(let alone 4), TB didn't make a single title game or a single playoff app. To compare TB w/ the Jets the last 3 years is laughable.

Your garbage coaches were great 2 years ago according to you- how soon we forget:lol:

2 years ago TB had a creampuff sched and no expectations to win, this past season they were expected to compete for a postseason and he was awful. I still like Freeman but he has to learn to play in big games and learn to play w/ the expectations to win like Sanchez has.

TB didn't win a big game, TB didn't win a plyoff game(let alone 4), TB didn't make a single title game or a single playoff app. To compare TB w/ the Jets the last 3 years is laughable.

Your garbage coaches were great 2 years ago according to you- how soon we forget:lol:

What schedule could be more "creampuff" than playing 2 teams which made a voluntary decision to take a knee as it was more important to rest and protect their starters than to win a meaningless game? Oh, and because you thought our coaches were garbage when they played for us, all of the sudden they're not? Please!!!

The first time that Sanchez needed to stand up during that cupcake season was in game 14 vs Atlanta at home which was already out of the playoffs and another dead team walking. What did he do? 49.7QBR, .56 completion percent, 1TD 3ints!!! Even in the charity game and vs Curtis Painter, how did Sanchez end up? 12 completions, 78QBR, 106Yds, no TDs.. and that's against scrubs much of the second half! Of course in that playoff game where SD lost much more so than NYJ won, what did Sanchez do to help his team??? 60QBR, 12-23, 100yds, 1TD, 1 Int!!!

So unless you're arguing that Sanchez helps his team in crunch time by staying out of their way, asserting that unlike Freeman, he stood up to make his team better resonates as believably as Rex Ryan passing up a set of sexy masculine toes without stopping to lick em! But hey, more power to you since it's no skin off my back what you convince yourself is or isn't relevant along "party lines.". :idk:

What schedule could be more "creampuff" than playing 2 teams which made a voluntary decision to take a knee as it was more important to rest and protect their starters than to win a meaningless game? Oh, and because you thought our coaches were garbage when they played for us, all of the sudden they're not? Please!!!

The first time that Sanchez needed to stand up during that cupcake season was in game 14 vs Atlanta at home which was already out of the playoffs and another dead team walking. What did he do? 49.7QBR, .56 completion percent, 1TD 3ints!!! Even in the charity game and vs Curtis Painter, how did Sanchez end up? 12 completions, 78QBR, 106Yds, no TDs.. and that's against scrubs much of the second half! Of course in that playoff game where SD lost much more so than NYJ won, what did Sanchez do to help his team??? 60QBR, 12-23, 100yds, 1TD, 1 Int!!!

So unless you're arguing that Sanchez helps his team in crunch time by staying out of their way, asserting that unlike Freeman, he stood up to make his team better resonates as believably as Rex Ryan passing up a set of sexy toes without stopping to lick em! But hey, more power to you since it's no skin off my back what you convince yourself is believable. :idk:

wait so you can knock the Jets for playing Manning and co for 2 1/2 qtrs but you don't do so w/ TB who beat NO in week 17 who were treating it like an exhibition game and who removed Brees in a one score game after getting a TO inside the TB 40? Interesting how that works.

TB won 10 games:
5-11 Cle
2-14 Car twice
4-12 Cin
7-9 SL
5-11 Ari
6-10 SF
6-10 Was
7-9 Sea
11-5 NO(when they removed starters)

one win over a winning team all year

Sanchez stepped up in POSTSEASON, on the ROAD. in 6 postseason games:

9 TDs, 3 INTs, 94.3 rating, 4-2 record on the ROAD w/ 2 title game apps.

you mean the only coach to lead Miami to the playoffs in the last decade?:lol:

Only b/c Tom Brady was hurt remember?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

wait so you can knock the Jets for playing Manning and co for 2 1/2 qtrs but you don't do so w/ TB who beat NO in week 17 who were treating it like an exhibition game and who removed Brees in a one score game after getting a TO inside the TB 40? Interesting how that works.

TB won 10 games:
5-11 Cle
2-14 Car twice
4-12 Cin
7-9 SL
5-11 Ari
6-10 SF
6-10 Was
7-9 Sea
11-5 NO(when they removed starters)

one win over a winning team all year

Sanchez stepped up in POSTSEASON, on the ROAD. in 6 postseason games:

9 TDs, 3 INTs, 94.3 rating, 4-2 record on the ROAD w/ 2 title game apps.

:lol:

I think every poster on this site has these stats forever burned into their brains after talking about this **** the last 3 years

b/c Brady was hurt and you had a creampuff sched but Miami took advantage, that's what good teams do.

Back
Top Bottom