Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there's been good progress but no cinderella this year IMO... would love to be wrong tho!

every year there teams people don't expect to make a playoff run so you definitely have hope. You have talented defensive players, how quickly do they adapt to the new scheme? even w/o Marshall I think you may have a better offense. You need to get off to a good start, I would say a healthy Garrard gives you your best chance to win but what is best for Miami long term is getting Tannehill some starting experience by the end of the season.

GARRARD is d*"k.

every year there teams people don't expect to make a playoff run so you definitely have hope. You have talented defensive players, how quickly do they adapt to the new scheme? even w/o Marshall I think you may have a better offense. You need to get off to a good start, I would say a healthy Garrard gives you your best chance to win but what is best for Miami long term is getting Tannehill some starting experience by the end of the season.

are you serious? the dolphins will have one of if not the worst offense in the league this year.

In the 99.5 minutes that Manning and the starters played, they outscored the jest 45-27. Algebraically, projecting that over 2 full games, they would have outscored the jest 54.3 to 32.5. Again, there is no playoff respect for an at best mediocre team losing 6 out of 7, managing to beat opponents with barely a .300 winning percentage, going 7-7, after losing the one game you need to win at home, largely thanks to your under-performing QB and finally beating a post season team closing the season 3-4, being outscored by 37 points or a team whose kicker lost it while Sanchez again crapped the bed .

Do yourself a favor and rather bragging about that disgrace of a season, just admit you stepped in incredible ****, then point to a good 2010 declaring you hope the 2012 jest resemble them much more so than they do the 2009 or 2011 versions.

this post is a joke. you can't just "algebraically project" :/ scores in football based on what happened prior. it just doesn't work that way. this is just sour grapes. face it the jets were realtively successful and the dolphins weren't. get over it. it's a new season......but unfortunately for you the dolphins are going to bring one of the most anemic offenses in the league. good luck. maybe you guys will be viable in 2016.

Starters outscoring a team 45-27 in 99.5 minutes is not skewing it.. it's stating reality. As is starters outscoring your team 24-0 in the last 31 minutes of a game that actually counted.

So is the reality that a team which was undefeated going into the 100th minute of the 15th game, had their scrubs outscored 19-0 in 20.5 minutes including their scrub QB throwing up something like a 4QBR going 4-11 and 44 yds (after Peyton threw for 192). If anyone chooses to believe otherwise, IMO they're gazing through a distorted looking glass.

bottom line. jets won the game and made the play-offs and then made it to the afc championship. i'll take that over winning the division and then being completely embarrassed and outclassed in the divisional game. at leats the jets mad eit to the championship and proved they belonged. when the fins made it in '08 the only thing they proved was that they did NOT belong in the play-offs and were only a procuct of an incredibly easy schedule and the fact that brady was out for the year. next year....the jets made the championship again. what did the fins do the year after they won the division? had a losing season, lol. what are the fins at now? 12 years without winning a play-off game?

are you serious? the dolphins will have one of if not the worst offense in the league this year.

22Miami5078317.43091193.21987124.232920.6
25NY Jets4989311.83297206.11692105.837723.6

yea because the Jets look like a real offensive juggernaut..... you added Tebow to now have 2 out of the top 5 QBs with the worst completion % in the NFL, lost Plax who contributed 8TDs and was the main threat in the redzone, and added an offensive coordinator who runs the ball 2 out of every 3 plays and kicks Field Goals as if they count at 6pts

i know the Dolphins lost Marshall, but lets not act like the Jets who were statistically worse last year are a great offensive team by any means

Miami
NY Jets

yea because the Jets look like a real offensive juggernaut..... you added Tebow to now have 2 out of the top 5 QBs with the worst completion % in the NFL, lost Plax who contributed 8TDs and was the main threat in the redzone, and added an offensive coordinator who runs the ball 2 out of every 3 plays and kicks Field Goals as if they count at 6pts

i know the Dolphins lost Marshall, but lets not act like the Jets who were statistically worse last year are a great offensive team by any means

you can have the extra 6yds/game. i'll take the 3pts/game thank you very much......

you can have the extra 6yds/game. i'll take the 3pts/game thank you very much......

dont worry you will be seeing plenty of 3point scoring from the Jets with Sparano calling the plays.....

this post is a joke. you can't just "algebraically project" :/ scores in football based on what happened prior. it just doesn't work that way. this is just sour grapes. face it the jets were realtively successful and the dolphins weren't. get over it. it's a new season......but unfortunately for you the dolphins are going to bring one of the most anemic offenses in the league. good luck. maybe you guys will be viable in 2016.

You're right, a pure algebraic projection predicated on the subsequent game where in the last 31 minutes, the team that was actually trying to win, this time saddled with a hobbled Dwight Freeney, actually outscored the poseurs 24-0 in the last 31 minutes. So logically, ya think I shouldn't have given the Jest credit for scoring any more points at all in the remaining 25 or so minutes of game 15? Oh and as far as anemic goes: last i looked the Fins have a better running game, better QB in Moore even without any upgrade, than your 2 of the worst QBs in the league, a superior slot receiver- at the least, and certainly a better OC, so really bro, unless Tebow has been hit by lightning, literally experiencing a miraculous tranformation, you best worry about your own anemic offense before being concerned with what you perceive as ours.

We need to take care of our division first then worry about "cinderella team" idea's.

I think we may surprise a few of our fans with what we do this year, but I doubt we surprise opposing coaches. I'm sure they will be ready for us. I do think our offense will be better than most think though

You're right, a pure algebraic projection predicated on the subsequent game where in the last 31 minutes, the team that was actually trying to win, this time saddled with a hobbled Dwight Freeney, actually outscored the poseurs 24-0 in the last 31 minutes. So logically, ya think I shouldn't have given the Jest credit for scoring any more points at all in the remaining 25 or so minutes of game 15? Oh and as far as anemic goes: last i looked the Fins have a better running game, better QB in Moore even without any upgrade, than your 2 of the worst QBs in the league, a superior slot receiver- at the least, and certainly a better OC, so really bro, unless Tebow has been hit by lightning, literally experiencing a miraculous tranformation, you best worry about your own anemic offense before being concerned with what you perceive as ours.

i'll make ya a bet. if matt moore is better than sanchez this year then nyjunc will leave the site forever.

Cant be the cinderella team the way they finished out last season .. if anything they were the cinderella team at the end of last season and now they're just building on it

Back
Top Bottom