Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With a new coach in place, a new west coast scheme (which Ryan is very comfortable with), a good a draft, Wake signed (a big deal), and FA still ahead, I feel that those who voted NO might be underestimating how good we might very well be this season.

Believe or not, if all clicks and injuries remain low to zero, above .500 may can be a reality in 2012.

Let's not shorthand the squad too quickly.

That's my angle, for what's worth.

_

22Miami5078317.43091193.21987124.232920.6
25NY Jets4989311.83297206.11692105.837723.6

yea because the Jets look like a real offensive juggernaut..... you added Tebow to now have 2 out of the top 5 QBs with the worst completion % in the NFL, lost Plax who contributed 8TDs and was the main threat in the redzone, and added an offensive coordinator who runs the ball 2 out of every 3 plays and kicks Field Goals as if they count at 6pts

i know the Dolphins lost Marshall, but lets not act like the Jets who were statistically worse last year are a great offensive team by any means

The OL can't be worse than last year where it was brutal, our O is going to be better this year. it was better than your O last year despite all our struggkles, you guys didn't start having "success" until the season was over.

i'll make ya a bet. if matt moore is better than sanchez this year then nyjunc will leave the site forever.

haha, then he can post his nonsense w/o someone correcting him so he'll look much smarter about this game:lol:

If Sanchez threw 30 TDs w/ 9 INTs, led us to 25 PPG and a 12-4 record he'd still make excuses why he sucks.

The OL can't be worse than last year where it was brutal, our O is going to be better this year. it was better than your O last year despite all our struggkles, you guys didn't start having "success" until the season was over.

haha, then he can post his nonsense w/o someone correcting him so he'll look much smarter about this game:lol:

If Sanchez threw 30 TDs w/ 9 INTs, led us to 25 PPG and a 12-4 record he'd still make excuses why he sucks.

heh, that's as likely to happen as Michelle Ryan becoming monogamous!!!

345kims-1.jpg

heh, that's as likely to happen as Michelle Ryan becoming monogamous!!!

Matt Schaub- never been to postseason, never won a big game
Philip Rivers- ONE title game app in a div rd game where he got hurt and his backup led the GW TD drive
Matt Ryan- ZERO career playoff wins

'09-'10 NYJ: 4 playoff wins, 2 title game apps. No team had more, that is what elite is all about but keep makiing those excuses- it's classic loser syndrome.

Matt Schaub- never been to postseason, never won a big game
Philip Rivers- ONE title game app in a div rd game where he got hurt and his backup led the GW TD drive
Matt Ryan- ZERO career playoff wins

'09-'10 NYJ: 4 playoff wins, 2 title game apps. No team had more, that is what elite is all about but keep makiing those excuses- it's classic loser syndrome.

Word to the wise:

Studies have shown that OCD (syndrome) symptoms can be controlled through medication, often enabling the afflicted to live at least a semi-normal, more realistic life.

345kims-1.jpg

the king of excuses calling someone else out. Tell me again how Mike Sherman made Brett favre?

nyjunc [B said:
(corrected by No Spin Zone Vaark)[/B];1064309114]the king of excuses calling someone else out. Let me tell me again how Sanchez crapped the bed vs Atlanta, a game we needed to win for a legit shot at the playoffs..and lost, and then vs Ind in game 15, but the team still won despite him on account of the insertion of an even worse sub QB and his 4QBR and then vs SD in the POs with a 60QBR and 101 yds, but was bailed out by an opposing choking coach and kicker, but still he carried us to 4 post season wins and 2 losses when it mattered most.

Bonus: let me tell you how Sparano used to suck but now he doesn't or how DaBrick ever was comparable to a healthy Jake, let alone a 60% Jake last season.

fixed it for ya to conform with reality.

1r5ht3-1.jpg

you obviously have no sense of reality:

Sparano is better than Rex
rex can't coach b/c his Dad didn't win playoff games
The Jets can't win w/ Sanchez b/c he played at USC and USC QBs bust
Miami will be better than the Jets(insert every year here)
Mike Sherman developed Brett Favre

I can go on and on about your reality

*Kerry Rhodes is elite
*The 09 Jest would beat the 08 Ravens
*Sanchez is better than Eli
*Wouldn't trade Sanchez for 2 first round picks
*Wouldn't trade Sanchez for Ryan or Rivers
*Bart Scott is a superior LB
*Jets are elite; doesn't matter that the team who gifted a 7-7 team, (recently losing 6 out of 7 and beating teams with barely a .300 cumulative winning percentage) who couldn't hold serve when it counted against a dead team walking on their own home court and gifted them into the playoffs actually outscored them 45-27 in 99 minutes when they were actually trying despite 2 of their 3 best defenders either being out or hobbled
*Cam Wake will never be dominant
*Rex Ryan is more than an HC who coached his team to at best 2 8-8 non-PO deserving seasons sandwiched in between a good one comparable to Rich Kotite's 11-5 1992 2nd season with the Eagles (and we know how his career worked out)
*Ozzie Newsome didn't know what he was doing passing up his DC, risking his departure to hire a position coach as the Ravens next HC
*Tony Sparano had success as a defacto Dallas OC despite the fact that over 75% of the yardage was due to Todd Haley's designed plays and designated players, and was demoted the next year when Jason Garrett came in
*Getting to 3 SBs the Fins didn't win was not impressive, but crapping the bed by losing 2 games that would have gotten them there is relevant!
*Moore had no pressure fighting for his professional life for a winless team with fans rooting against him going 6-3 to finish the season, yet *Sanchez rose to the pressure of being in it to win it by losing to us when they needed to win and the Giants among others on their way to closing the season at 4-5.
*DaBrick is comparable to Jake
*Mason will still be an outstanding receiver in 2011
*Plaxico will help Sanchez

Too ****ing easy, I can go on and on, but why bother?

2rhbh8o-1.jpg

*Kerry Rhodes is elite
*Sanchez is better than Eli
*Wouldn't trade Sanchez for 2 first round picks
*Wouldn't trade Sanchez for Ryan or Rivers
*Bart Scott is a superior LB
*Jets are elite; doesn't matter that the team who gifted a 7-7 team, (recently losing 6 out of 7 and beating teams with barely a .300 cumulative winning percentage) who couldn't hold serve when it counted against a dead team walking on their own home court and gifted them into the playoffs actually outscored them 45-27 in 99 minutes when they were actually trying despite 2 of their 3 best defenders either being out or hobbled
*Cam Wake will never be dominant
*Rex Ryan is more than an HC who coached his team to at best 2 8-8 non-PO deserving seasons sandwiched in between a good one comparable to Rich Kotite's 11-5 1992 2nd season with the Eagles (and we know how his career worked out)
*Ozzie Newsome didn't know what he was doing passing up his DC, risking his departure to hire a position coach as the Ravens next HC
*Tony Sparano had success as a defacto Dallas OC despite the fact that over 75% of the yardage was due to Todd Haley's designed plays and designated players, and was demoted the next year when Jason Garrett came in
*Getting to 3 SBs the Fins didn't win was not impressive, but crapping the bed by losing 2 games that would have gotten them there is relevant!
*Moore had no pressure fighting for his professional life for a winless team with fans rooting against him going 6-3 to finish the season, yet *Sanchez rose to the pressure of being in it to win it by losing to us when they needed to win and the Giants among others on their way to closing the season at 4-5.
*DaBrick is comparable to Jake
*Mason will still be an outstanding receiver in 2011
*Plaxico will help Sanchez

Too ****ing easy, I can go on and on, but why bother?

2rhbh8o-1.jpg

I don't think I used the word elite for Rhodes but I did say he was one of the best safties in the game 2005-2007 and he was.

Sanchez was better than Eli in 2011

I won't trade a franchise QB entering year 4 for 2 1st rd picks.

I wouldn't trade Sanchez for Ryan or Rivers. Ryan has been awful in postseason w/ similar talent, Rivers has been mediocre w/ MORE talent.

Bart Scott was a damn good LB, he's getting older. It happens. I wouldn't expect you to know how good he was b/c he didn't put up eye popping stats which is the only way you can judge a player.

in last 3 years ONLY team to reahc 2 conf title games, no team has more playoff wins- that is elite.

I never said Cam Wake will never be dominant(he isn't yet by the way), I said to relax b/c you were being your homer self and acting like he was going to be Lawrence Taylor. I said I'd reserv judgement, he's a good player.

Rex Ryan is one of the best HCs in the league

I didn't say Ozzie didn't know what he was doing, I said I'm sure he's happy w/ Harbaugh but rex is better. 3 years in rex has 2 title game apps and Harbaugh 1- which is better?

My comment was the one season Tony called the plays most of the year they had a top 5 O- that is a FACT

I never said Miami getting to those 3 SBs was not impressive.

Moore played w/ zero outside expectations to win in 2009 and 2011, he did in 2010. Guess which year he failed?

brick is comparable to Long, Long is better but not by so much that it is silly to compare them.

I think you are making things up again, I thought Mason would help us but I doubt I said he'd be outstanding.

Plax did help Sanchez in the RZ

It's very easy when you make things up, what I posted you actually said. I said some of the stuff you posted and I was right on pretty much every one. It's so sad someone spends as much time posting about this game yet still has no clue what he is watching.

I don't think I used the word elite for Rhodes but I did say he was one of the best safties in the game 2005-2007 and he was.

Sanchez was better than Eli in 2011

I won't trade a franchise QB entering year 4 for 2 1st rd picks.

I wouldn't trade Sanchez for Ryan or Rivers. Ryan has been awful in postseason w/ similar talent, Rivers has been mediocre w/ MORE talent.

Bart Scott was a damn good LB, he's getting older. It happens. I wouldn't expect you to know how good he was b/c he didn't put up eye popping stats which is the only way you can judge a player.

in last 3 years ONLY team to reahc 2 conf title games, no team has more playoff wins- that is elite.

I never said Cam Wake will never be dominant(he isn't yet by the way), I said to relax b/c you were being your homer self and acting like he was going to be Lawrence Taylor. I said I'd reserv judgement, he's a good player.

Rex Ryan is one of the best HCs in the league

I didn't say Ozzie didn't know what he was doing, I said I'm sure he's happy w/ Harbaugh but rex is better. 3 years in rex has 2 title game apps and Harbaugh 1- which is better?

My comment was the one season Tony called the plays most of the year they had a top 5 O- that is a FACT

I never said Miami getting to those 3 SBs was not impressive.

Moore played w/ zero outside expectations to win in 2009 and 2011, he did in 2010. Guess which year he failed?

brick is comparable to Long, Long is better but not by so much that it is silly to compare them.

I think you are making things up again, I thought Mason would help us but I doubt I said he'd be outstanding.

Plax did help Sanchez in the RZ

It's very easy when you make things up, what I posted you actually said. I said some of the stuff you posted and I was right on pretty much every one. It's so sad someone spends as much time posting about this game yet still has no clue what he is watching.

You love to accuse my reading comprehension which frankly has always, always tested off the chart. Did I say always? Unfortunately for you, my recall is pretty damn good too (which is surprising based on some of my excesses as a teen and young man.)

The reality is that you parse so frequently and inconsistently on a convenient curve to positively reflect on the jest unless it's so flagrant that even you realize how self-serving it appears, no matter the facts, -that either there's a major disconnect between what you think you're saying vs what you actually are, or more likely, you get so confused that you forget what you embellished if not outright made up.

Oh, and facing bad or choking teams for a 2 game run in the offseason before being spanked by a good one notwithstanding, sorry but "elite teams" carry their division, hold their serve in their home court (vs Atl) when they actually stand a legit chance to compete for the POs, and definitely don't get a conscious free ride through the backdoor of the playoffs.. Elite teams deserve to be there, not go 7-7 beating teams with slight above a .300 winning avg. Sorry for the dose of reality. You had a good year sandwiched in between two mediocre ones. As soon as you can acknowledge that, I think you'll earn at least a little more credibility outside the puke green universes.

You love to accuse my reading comprehension which frankly has always, always tested off the chart. Did I say always? Unfortunately for you, my recall is pretty damn good too (which is surprising based on some of my excesses as a teen and young man.)

The reality is that you parse so frequently and inconsistently on a convenient curve to positively reflect on the jest unless it's so flagrant that even you realize how self-serving it appears, no matter the facts, -that either there's a major disconnect between what you think you're saying vs what you actually are, or more likely, you get so confused that you forget what you embellished if not outright made up.

Obviously your recall is not that good. You soend way too much time perceiving what you think I am saying rather than just reading what I am posting.

Post the links to where I said those things, I'm looking forward to it.

Again, I posted things you actually posted. Things so outrageous even fans w/ basick knowlege of the game would laugh. I'll give you a pass, I think you know the game more than it comes across but your irrational hatred of all things Jets and your dolphin homer ways cloud your judgement.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

as far as the paragraph you added in your edit. You are ultimately judged by what you do in jan/Feb. The Jets stubbed their toes a few times in 2009 but did what they had to do to earn a playoff berth then nearly made the SB. When in 3 years you are the only team to advance as far as 2 title games that is elite, when no team has more playoff wins than you that is elite, when no AFC team has as many playoff wins that is elite no matter how many excuses you want to make.

Cinderella team....???????????

No way in hell anyone can have a clue as to the level of success of our team at this point....

new unproven HC....(remember Cam, Satin)
new Staff
new QB (rookie with no playing time yet in the NFL)
new unproven drafts picks expected to pick up right from the start
new system
still potential positions to fill (G, S, Wr?,
there is just to much unknown to know much at this point.
Although the draft seems to have the potential of adding and filling some critical areas of great need that hadn't been addresed in years........and thats refreshing and cause for optimism and hope......but an awful alot of stuff has to fall in place to truly make it a cinderella year and personally I don't expect it and just hope that it is enough to be excited about as far as building for real success in another year or two....

Back
Top Bottom