Congratulations on the Win | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congratulations on the Win

In a given year I'd agree, maybe one time you can get away w/ mediocre QB play but back to back postseasons? 4 road playoff wins? 6 road playoff games?

Pittsburg Steelers, 1992-1997. 6 consecutive playoff appearances, 1 conf championship. QBs? Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart.
Tampa Bay Bucs, 1999-2003. 4 playoff appearances, and a SB title. QBs? Trent Dilfer, Shaun King, Brad Johnson.
Baltimore Ravens, 2000-2001. 3 road playoff wins and a SB title. QBs? Tony Banks, Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac.
Carolina Panthers, 2003 & 2005. 4 road playoff wins. 1 conf championship. QB? Jake Delhomme.

Not a franchise QB in the bunch. All of the teams had more success than the Jets WITHOUT a franchise QB. Game. set. match.

Give it a rest already.

Moore has a comfortable role as a backup in this league, he wasn't playing for his career. No team is dumb enough to make him a starter, he played fairly well in meaningless games much like 2 years ago.

Most backups want to be starters. Moore knew that he was auditioning for a possible starting spot. Like it or not, he outplayed Sanchez this season.

Pittsburg Steelers, 1992-1997. 6 consecutive playoff appearances, 1 conf championship. QBs? Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart.
Tampa Bay Bucs, 1999-2003. 4 playoff appearances, and a SB title. QBs? Trent Dilfer, Shaun King, Brad Johnson.
Baltimore Ravens, 2000-2001. 3 road playoff wins and a SB title. QBs? Tony Banks, Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac.
Carolina Panthers, 2003 & 2005. 4 road playoff wins. 1 conf championship. QB? Jake Delhomme.

Not a franchise QB in the bunch. All of the teams had more success than the Jets WITHOUT a franchise QB. Game. set. match.

Give it a rest already.

Most backups want to be starters. Moore knew that he was auditioning for a possible starting spot. Like it or not, he outplayed Sanchez this season.

Burn

When every other fan base and half of your own think your qb is trash, your qb is trash. Unless, of course, you subscribe to the notion that the only enlightened people who really know sanchezs true value are a handful of "objective jets fans" who of course have no vested interest in him. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say congrats to the Dolphins for your win against Rexy's Jests. Every Giant fan was rooting for Maimi to win this game, if for no other reason to embarass Rex, calling this season a championship year before it began, and they don't even finish with a winning record, lol! As Coughlin says, "tlk is cheap, play the game." Maybe Rex and his idiot brother will get the message, but we doubt that as Vicotr Cruz continues to run down the sidelines.

I've hated the Jets as much as any Dolphins fan here when they beat us in 1988 and ended our season, so I was glad we did the same on Christmas Eve (Jets haven't beaten the Giants since '93) and Miami finishing them off. I've never seen someone like Rex talk as much about two AFCCG LOSSES as much as Rex does! iagine if they lose in the Super Bwl? Jets fans, notice how Miami doesn't talk about 1984 or Giants 2000- no one cares about second place!

I think it is a mistake for the few njunc supporters to be supporting him. Dude is retarded and will never get it. Plus lets not forget that he is a fu@king jets fan. I agree with Vark, Bagpipe, and most others. This guy consistently makes me wanna come through my computer monitor and slap him. The Homerism is off the charts. I think it's fair to say Moore played far better than Sanchez this year and still it is highly debated if he can be the guy or not. This guy has no doubt in his mind that Sanchez is the guy even though he continues to suck year after year. Sanchez barley has a career QB rating over 70. That is horrible. How is it even possible to be that big of a homer. Moore's career rating is 87.1 and Sanchez's is a 73.2. How can it be that Moore's career rating is that much higher than Sanchez's and this pansy is saying the jets are set a QB. Blind Blind Blind. When will these pointless 50 page threads of nothing end......I will tell you......When junc gets banned for being the insulting, blind, megahomer jets fan that he is. I can't believe that he can still post here.

For the record, I don't find nyjunc to be a bad poster, just wrong with some (most?) of his opinions. He also suffers from what a lot of posters suffer from... he cannot separate fact from opinion.

I don't have a problem with him participating on this forum. He is generally civil when he receives civil treatment. His biggest problem is that he wears green blinders (and he can be tedious about it).

1) Actually sorry to bust your bubble, but I just refined a badge for you whose request was actually initiated by "the powers that be." Not that I minded, but it wasn't my doing if that gives you more insight into what the lay of the land is around here!

Now, I'll admit that I have been pestering those same "powers that be" so far unsuccessfully, although I'm far from giving up, to also slap this fitting badge on you. :idk:

r272c2-1.jpg

2) Delusional but still hilarious!

34febs1-1.jpg

Don't hold your breath Matt, looks like he either doesn't think that his 7+ posts/day are worth a yearly VIP membership at $20 if he can't win one as "best enemy poster"..... or can't afford it. :idk:

He misconstrues exasperated and exhausted reactions to his affliction of lastworditis as winning debates. IMO, if you're totally intractable about thinking that a team which backed into the playoffs instead of even holding serve in their division, relying on the the charity and screw ups of others (thankfully we put a stop to that nonsense this season!) was "elite," that Sanchez could start for more than 6-8 teams in the NFL including replacing Ryan and Rivers, that Taco is worth 2 first round picks, let alone a single third, etcetera ad nauseum, then what's the sense in feeding the troll?

I might be able to get beyond that but for the realization driven home dramatically in the last few seeks that some of us are actually underwriting the historically greater than average bandwidth consumed by a freeloading enemy troll intent on deflating and derailing pro fins threads.

It's so sad that adults struggle so much w/ reading comprehension. Don't mistake proving the Jets being better than Miami as being a homer. I am a realist, I bash when deserved and praise when deserved. I don't make ridiclous outlandish statements like "rex won't succeed b/c his Dad didn't", "Sanchez can't play b/c USC QBs suck", "tony sparano is better than Rex", blah, blah, blah.

You are nothing but an excuse maker which is why it is easy to make you look silly such as you not grasping the whole Don Shula championship discussion which you made your sig and looked absolutely asinine.

Give it a rest already.

when did Pitt win 4 road playoff games? Pitt disappointed annualy in the playoffs in that era- one where the AFC was MUCH weaker than it has been the last 2 years.

Brister didn't play in a playoff game in '92 and Neil O'Donnell was a PB QB, Tomzak led 2 teams to the playoffs. Stewart was a gimmick who was awful in postseason. Combined in those years those QBs went 5-6 in those years despite having a bye 4 times.

Those QBs in postseason as Steelers threw 11 TDs and 20 INTs
Sanches ld us to a 4-2 record(better than 5-6, right?) and threw 9 TDs and 3 INTs

which is better?

Bucs:
Trent Dilfer was a good QB, took 2 franchises to playoffs and won a SB
Shaun King won one playoff game
Brad Johnson took THREE franchises to the playoffs

Ravens: notice how many SBs the great Ravens D's have made w/o Dilfer?
Grbac took 2 franchises to postseason

Jake Delhomme had some good years, made a PB, thre 53 TDs in '04 & '05

Keep trying.

I HOPE Matt Moore is starting opening day for you guys, when Matt Moore plays in and wins a big game you let me know.

Burn

When every other fan base and half of your own think your qb is trash, your qb is trash. Unless, of course, you subscribe to the notion that the only enlightened people who really know sanchezs true value are a handful of "objective jets fans" who of course have no vested interest in him. Lol

Most fans are typical fans who rely on fantasy #s and "expert" opinions- experts that barely watch these players play. I am not a typical fan, I don't sway in the wind. A typical fan woukld never have given Eli a chance, Brees, Flacco, etc...

I think it is a mistake for the few njunc supporters to be supporting him. Dude is retarded and will never get it. Plus lets not forget that he is a fu@king jets fan. I agree with Vark, Bagpipe, and most others. This guy consistently makes me wanna come through my computer monitor and slap him. The Homerism is off the charts. I think it's fair to say Moore played far better than Sanchez this year and still it is highly debated if he can be the guy or not. This guy has no doubt in his mind that Sanchez is the guy even though he continues to suck year after year. Sanchez barley has a career QB rating over 70. That is horrible. How is it even possible to be that big of a homer. Moore's career rating is 87.1 and Sanchez's is a 73.2. How can it be that Moore's career rating is that much higher than Sanchez's and this pansy is saying the jets are set a QB. Blind Blind Blind. When will these pointless 50 page threads of nothing end......I will tell you......When junc gets banned for being the insulting, blind, megahomer jets fan that he is. I can't believe that he can still post here.

I love people that all offseason the last few years have told me how much better Miami is than the Jets calling me a homer:lol:

Keep looking at QB ratings, maybe one day you'll understand what this game is about. When you do you won't be looking at ratings.

when did Pitt win 4 road playoff games? Pitt disappointed annualy in the playoffs in that era- one where the AFC was MUCH weaker than it has been the last 2 years.

Brister didn't play in a playoff game in '92 and Neil O'Donnell was a PB QB, Tomzak led 2 teams to the playoffs. Stewart was a gimmick who was awful in postseason. Combined in those years those QBs went 5-6 in those years despite having a bye 4 times.

Those QBs in postseason as Steelers threw 11 TDs and 20 INTs
Sanches ld us to a 4-2 record(better than 5-6, right?) and threw 9 TDs and 3 INTs

which is better?

6 consecutive playoff appearances in better than two. 1 conf champ. is better than 0.

Bucs:
Trent Dilfer was a good QB, took 2 franchises to playoffs and won a SB

You wrote it - *Trent Dilfer was a good QB*

BUT NOT A FRANCISE QB and that is the entire point. WOW. And since he was merely good, and had more success, he must be better than Sanchez. Now that the question of whether Sanchez is a franchise QB is settled, we can debate whether he is good (but not as good as Dilfer) or not good.

Ravens: notice how many SBs the great Ravens D's have made w/o Dilfer?
Grbac took 2 franchises to postseason

But, again, Grbac is NOT a franchise QB. He is not even as good as Dilfer (who you already admitted was only good).

Jake Delhomme had some good years, made a PB, thre 53 TDs in '04 & '05

Again good but NOT a franchise QB. Are you noticing the trend here? Teams having success without a franchise QB.

Keep trying.

I don't need to. You supported my point nicely.

Not so fast thinking any of your conveniently selective and parsed delusions gain much traction in the non-spin zone.

Actually, I've been contending for years that when a team comes out of a 10 team, 14 game schedule in a weak pre merger AFL and has all of a 2 game post season, it's at best the equivalent of a Division Championship.. it sure ain't a legitimate Superbowl! Nothing pre-merger is a legimate SB.

Your typical self-insertion into a pro Shula thread that had nothing to do with you or the jest with the intent to devalue Don's accomplishments and challenge the commonly held belief here that he's one of the 3 to 5 HC GOATs, merely presented an opportunity to objectively turn the tables using your argument to discredit 1969 for the farce that it was.. thanks, my reading comprehension is fine... but this is a case where your anti Fins slicing and dicing of parsed facts came back to either prove my case or disprove yours.

efj4oz-1.jpg

Oh and lest anyone think that you see things objectively vs staggering around here drunk on green homeraid:

efj4oz-1.jpg

6 consecutive playoff appearances in better than two. 1 conf champ. is better than 0.

You wrote it - *Trent Dilfer was a good QB*

BUT NOT A FRANCISE QB and that is the entire point. WOW. And since he was merely good, and had more success, he must be better than Sanchez. Now that the question of whether Sanchez is a franchise QB is settled, we can debate whether he is good (but not as good as Dilfer) or not good.

But, again, Grbac is NOT a franchise QB. He is not even as good as Dilfer (who you already admitted was only good).

Again good but NOT a franchise QB. Are you noticing the trend here? Teams having success without a franchise QB.

I don't need to. You supported my point nicely.

The AFC stunk in those days and the steelers lost at home to probably the worst conf champ of all time- the '94 Chargers. This Jets team in that era goes to the SB every year.

Sanchez's career is just beginning, we are set for years to come. he's our franchise QB.

did you read the article or just the headline? Boomer is also paid to stir the pot. he's saying they are trying to find a Brady or Rodgers- so is 90% of the league. Guys like that are extremely rare- Sanchez will never be a Brady type but we can win a SB w/ him w/o a doubt.

The 2nd article is from PFT, a rumor site.

Not so fast thinking any of your conveniently selective and parsed delusions gain much traction in the non-spin zone.

Actually, I've been contending for years that when a team comes out of a 10 team, 14 game schedule in a weak pre merger AFL and has all of a 2 game post season, it's at best the equivalent of a Division Championship.. it sure ain't a legitimate Superbowl! Nothing pre-merger is a legimate SB.

Your typical self-insertion into a pro Shula thread that had nothing to do with you or the jest with the intent to devalue Don's accomplishments and challenge the commonly held belief here that he's one of the 3 to 5 HC GOATs, merely presented an opportunity to objectively turn the tables using your argument to discredit 1969 for the farce that it was.. thanks, my reading comprehension is fine... but this is a case where your anti Fins slicing and dicing of parsed facts came back to either prove my case or disprove yours.

efj4oz-1.jpg

Oh and lest anyone think that you see things objectively vs staggering around here drunk on green homeraid:

efj4oz-1.jpg

we rarely agree but I think overall you are a bright guy but in this situation you look so silly. I wasn't devaluing Shula I was stating a fact, some misguided pro-shula poster counted the '68 NFL title as a championship- It's NOT. It's the equivalent of a conf title today. Shula has 2 championships- that's a fact, sorry the truth hurts and sorry you keep bringing this up and looking so foolish.

you can try to discredit the Jets but the Jets WON the Super Bowl, was it easier only playing one game? sure but Oak was a damn good team and the AFL champ the next year dominated the NFL champ so the AFL wasn't that weak and the Jets nearly shut the mighty Colts out. Shula was a great coach, an all time great but he didn't win enough chanpionships to be in the greatest argument. He's probably in the 5-10 area which is still great. I admire what Shula did but I'm not going to lie and call him the greatest just like I don't lie and call Joe Namath great- he's the most overrated player in the history of the league but I'm just a homer.

17 pages, wow.......

This is just the 1st quarter. Stay tuned. Then refer back a year to other threads that have nothing to do with the Jets that somehow involved the Jets and you'll see the exact conversations taking place (might even be word for word give or take the year 2010 and 2011).

Centreville, VA. Rock on

Back
Top Bottom