Congratulations on the Win | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congratulations on the Win

Now there's a ringing endorsement of the 5th pick in the draft.... Sure they can win with him, IF they make sure consistent, quality QB play is not required.

BTW, I've got news for the Jets GM. "Rate of growth" = "trajectory of career". What an idiot.

spin, spin, spin..... Do you get dizzy? First the AFC was weak, then the NFC was weak.

To me a franchise QB is one you can win w/, one you can buold around and we have that.

And since it has been proven that you can win with mediocre QBs... we can agree Sanchez is a mediocre QB... by that definition, more than half of the league has franchise QBs.

Now there's a ringing endorsement of the 5th pick in the draft.... Sure they can win with him, IF they make sure consistent, quality QB play is not required.

BTW, I've got news for the Jets GM. "Rate of growth" = "trajectory of career". What an idiot.

spin, spin, spin..... Do you get dizzy? First the AFC was weak, then the NFC was weak.

And since it has been proven that you can win with mediocre QBs... we can agree Sanchez is a mediocre QB... by that definition, more than half of the league has franchise QBs.

It's a fact through most of the 80s and 90s the AFC was weak, it wasn't until the late 90s that the AFC became a strong conference and it wasn't until recently that the NFC caught(and now passed) the AFC. In 2006 a 10-6 team was a 2 seed w/ a 1st rd bye, last year the Jets and Ravens were WC teams at 11-5.

Where are the teams winning w/ mediocre QBs? where are they making mutiple runs in back to back years? You threw out mostly good QBs in your list, you failed to show me the mediocre/bad QBs that teams have won w/ consistently.

If you actually read and comprehended the article, it was talking about his potential:

“I think he [Gabbert] is going to be a great quarterback. I think he is our franchise quarterback,” Khan said. “I think he needs development. We want to develop him. We want to give him tools. A dedicated coach. And I think he’s going to be great.”

Did you just use the same source you claimed was an rumor site? See what I mean about honesty?

Where are the teams winning w/ mediocre QBs? where are they making mutiple runs in back to back years? You threw out mostly good QBs in your list, you failed to show me the mediocre/bad QBs that teams have won w/ consistently.

Every one of the examples I already posted were of teams with mediocre QBs. In most cases, they were so mediocre that the team replaced them despite the teams success. That is why mediocre QBs do not have numerous years of success. They are replaced or the team cannot cover up for them forever (see Jets 2011). The only mediocre QBs that are given an extended amount of time to improve are high draft picks or expensive free agents (especially when their success is tied to the new HC). Sound familiar?

If you actually read and comprehended the article, it was talking about his potential:

“I think he [Gabbert] is going to be a great quarterback. I think he is our franchise quarterback,” Khan said. “I think he needs development. We want to develop him. We want to give him tools. A dedicated coach. And I think he’s going to be great.”

Did you just use the same source you claimed was an rumor site? See what I mean about honesty?

I did just use the same source, get the point?

Every one of the examples I already posted were of teams with mediocre QBs. In most cases, they were so mediocre that the team replaced them despite the teams success. That is why mediocre QBs do not have numerous years of success. They are replaced or the team cannot cover up for them forever (see Jets 2011). The only mediocre QBs that are given an extended amount of time to improve are high draft picks or expensive free agents (especially when their success is tied to the new HC). Sound familiar?

Most were GOOD QBs, only a Kordell Stweart/Rex Grossman was medicore and they played in weak eras for their conferences PLUS:

Stewart in his 2 title game runs: 68-131, 52%, 744 yds, 2 TDs, 8 INTs, 48.6 rating, 2-2 record(all 4 games at home)
grossman in his SB run: 52-92, 57%, 591 yds, 3 TDs, 3 INTs, 73.2 rating, led O to, 2-1 record(2 home games, 1 neutral site)

combined: 120-223, 54%, 1335 yds, 5 TDs, 11 INTs, 58.8 rating, 4-3 record(6 home games, 1 neutral site)

Sanchez in his 2 title game runs:

95-157, 61%, 1155 yds, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 94.3 rating 4-2 record(all 6 games on the road)

Lol. As someone who witnesses debates and tactics used on a daily basis, you are making him look downright foolish finfaninbuffalo.
Not that it's rather hard but you have definitely put in the work.

Lol. As someone who witnesses debates and tactics used on a daily basis, you are making him look downright foolish finfaninbuffalo.
Not that it's rather hard but you have definitely put in the work.

w/ you on his side I feel even more confident. He hasn't proven a thing, the perception will be that he has since I am a Jet fan and he a dolphin fan but read the posts.

I did just use the same source, get the point?

Yeah, I get the point that you are dishonest in your debates. I already said that. You even misrepresent the content of the article.

Most were GOOD QBs, only a Kordell Stweart/Rex Grossman was medicore and they played in weak eras for their conferences PLUS:

So good that they were dumped by their teams....

Stewart in his 2 title game runs: 68-131, 52%, 744 yds, 2 TDs, 8 INTs, 48.6 rating, 2-2 record(all 4 games at home)
grossman in his SB run: 52-92, 57%, 591 yds, 3 TDs, 3 INTs, 73.2 rating, led O to, 2-1 record(2 home games, 1 neutral site)

combined: 120-223, 54%, 1335 yds, 5 TDs, 11 INTs, 58.8 rating, 4-3 record(6 home games, 1 neutral site)

Sanchez in his 2 title game runs:

95-157, 61%, 1155 yds, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 94.3 rating 4-2 record(all 6 games on the road)

This shows two things - 1. even crappy QBs can make it all the way to the SB (which is farther than your boy has gone) and 2. Even mediocre QBs can have occasional good games (but if you rely on them, you end up 8-8 and out of the playoffs before long).

Yeah, I get the point that you are dishonest in your debates. I already said that. You even misrepresent the content of the article.

So good that they were dumped by their teams....

This shows two things - 1. even crappy QBs can make it all the way to the SB (which is farther than your boy has gone) and 2. Even mediocre QBs can have occasional good games (but if you rely on them, you end up 8-8 and out of the playoffs before long).

where was I dishonest? I was simply posting another article from the same site about a "franchise QB".

Johnny Unitas was dumped by a team once, so was Brett favre, Drew Brees, etc...

Occasional good games, 6 playoff games and 6 good games- 6 games where he made plays to help us win or compete. One game? maybe, one postseason? maybe but 6 games? 6 ROAD games? 2 different postseasons- that's not a fluke.

w/ you on his side I feel even more confident. He hasn't proven a thing, the perception will be that he has since I am a Jet fan and he a dolphin fan but read the posts.

I have and was actually laughing most of the way. You mistake what you do as debating but it's not and when you actually try you are poor at it. You consistently try to pass off opinion as fact and you use the two interchangeably. You desperately cling on to your mantra that Sanchez made two two afc title title games and try to couple that fact with opinions which you try to push as fact. When you are shown the fallacy you quickly back into either insults of the dolphins or your mantra "that he made two title games".

That's your fallback. Whenever you're arguments are shown inconsistent, flimsy or contradictory you quickly resort to "made two AFC title games"(fact) "therefore franchise qb"(opinion which you try to couple as fact). It's the same tactic you use with Holmes. When the fallacy is shown you just revert back to the basics. So people get frustrated, amused or tired as they would if they were arguing with a 5th grader who when shown to be wrong would always revert to back to "but I'm right and supermans the strongest". You have over 20,000 posts here and who knows how many at gang green so you are tireless in getting the last word. Than you delude yourself that you won when in reality the other person realized there was no debate going on and tired of it. You quickly make silly and unsubstantial excuses that phins fans are of course jealous and that coupled with you being a jets fan are the only reason you get made fun of.

In the past few pages you were shown to contradict yourself on numerous occasions and all you could resort to was "two title games" even if was completely irrelevant to the point. Listen, I understand I'm typing this in vain. You have convinced yourself that you are some awesome debater and you obsession in coming here is beyond my few words. The truth is that if you partook In an actual debate forum, you would of been laughed off a long time go. But good luck in your next 20,000 posts

I have and was actually laughing most of the way. You mistake what you do as debating but it's not and when you actually try you are poor at it. You consistently try to pass off opinion as fact and you use the two interchangeably. You desperately cling on to your mantra that Sanchez made two two afc title title games and try to couple that fact with opinions which you try to push as fact. When you are shown the fallacy you quickly back into either insults of the dolphins or your mantra "that he made two title games".

That's your fallback. Whenever you're arguments are shown inconsistent, flimsy or contradictory you quickly resort to "made two AFC title games"(fact) "therefore franchise qb"(opinion which you try to couple as fact). It's the same tactic you use with Holmes. When the fallacy is shown you just revert back to the basics. So people get frustrated, amused or tired as they would if they were arguing with a 5th grader who when shown to be wrong would always revert to back to "but I'm right and supermans the strongest". You have over 20,000 posts here and who knows how many at gang green so you are tireless in getting the last word. Than you delude yourself that you won when in reality the other person realized there was no debate going on and tired of it. You quickly make silly and unsubstantial excuses that phins fans are of course jealous and that coupled with you being a jets fan are the only reason you get made fun of.

In the past few pages you were shown to contradict yourself on numerous occasions and all you could resort to was "two title games" even if was completely irrelevant to the point. Listen, I understand I'm typing this in vain. You have convinced yourself that you are some awesome debater and you obsession in coming here is beyond my few words. The truth is that if you partook In an actual debate forum, you would of been laughed off a long time go. But good luck in your next 20,000 posts

Isn't it funny how people like you always tell me how all our guys suck and all your guys are better yet my team always wins much more? How does that happen? I must have some idea what I am talking about, right?

show me the contradictions?

This guy is STILL trying to defend Sanchez? Nobody other than you, and maybe Rex, thinks this guy is a great QB. Read the national media once in a while. In fact, there are numerous articles in the NY media talking about Jet players not believing in him, and talking about getting rid of him. You like the Jets, fine, that's your problem. But trying to defend this clown just makes no sense. You are trying to push water up a hill.

Isn't it funny how people like you always tell me how all our guys suck and all your guys are better yet my team always wins much more? How does that happen? I must have some idea what I am talking about, right?

Again, you're resorting to unsubstantial generalizations. I always said the jets relied on a very good defense, dominant line and running game. I also wanted Sparano gone two years ago, I never liked henne and I was one of the biggest suck for luckers on this forum. I was rooting for loses this year. If you would actually partake in relevant threads as opposed to just pissing contests you might know this. But just like I said, if it makes you feel better to classify me as a jealous hater, have at it

where was I dishonest? I was simply posting another article from the same site about a "franchise QB".

Johnny Unitas was dumped by a team once, so was Brett favre, Drew Brees, etc...

Occasional good games, 6 playoff games and 6 good games- 6 games where he made plays to help us win or compete. One game? maybe, one postseason? maybe but 6 games? 6 ROAD games? 2 different postseasons- that's not a fluke.

These are some of the games you credit Sanchez with for having 6 "good" games:

M.Sanchez 12-15-182-1-0. Game manager when the team ran the ball 38 times
M.Sanchez 12-23-100-1-1. Again game manager. 38 rushing attempts. The defense held SD to 14 points.
M.Sanchez 18-31-189-0-1. 37 rushing attempts and the D held Indy to 16 points and kept the Jets in the game while Sanchez stunk it up for the whole first half.

When the Jets don't run the ball (vs. Indy in -09 and Pitt last year) they lose.

Basically, Sanchez has had one good game when the team won (vs NE) thats it. So yeah, 1 out of 4 good games in wins is occasionally.

Can someone please tell me why this guy isn't banned yet (junc)??? Does he have incriminating pictures of the owner or mods?? There are 0ver 20 pages of a thread created by him which he used as a backhanded compliment while insulting our team and hanging on to the claim that his team has a franchise qb and they are only a few tweaks from being elite?

Reading these posts I still see nothing that he brings to a debate. He repeats himself over and over again but refuses to admit it. So his claim to this forum is he creates debate? Says who? Him? Because all he has ever done in any thread he brings himself in is insult the posters when they don't agree and mentions the two AFCCG.

Only he claims to be valued in this forum. If he actually had people who enjoyed discussing things with him surely they would have said something by now in his defense, no?

Again, if his version of debate is to say cr*p about the dolphins and repeat himself over and over and over again then why is he allowed to post here and waste time and space?

Back
Top Bottom