Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all

They are much more but I think you'll agree it's a very small list Bench.

We had one of these guys once upon a time but they are few and far between.

Wow... So Brady, Manning, Rodgers are game managers or game breakers?

Alex Smith is the true definition of a game manager!

Come on' Man!!!!

Alex Smith is the consummate game manger. He typically leads the league in interceptions per pass attempt, meaning he rarely loses games, while his overall skill level also rarely wins games.

This also Tannehill.

Cutler on the other hand has the skill level to win games, but he often doesn't manage them well enough not to lose them. Consequently he's no better than Tannehill overall.

yes, all QB are game managers.

Is the worst QB in the league a game manager, or is he a game-loser? Is the best QB in the league just a game manager, or is he also a game-winner?

If what you mean by "game manager" is simply that the QB handles the ball on every snap and in that sense "manages" the game, well then yes, obviously all QBs are game managers.

No offense to the person who posted the above, but I would really just relegate the concept of game manager to the first paragraph above, although I would replace the phrase "relatively poor individual statistics" with "average individual statistics."

With regard to the second paragraph above, there is no team nowadays that has a strong chance of winning a Super Bowl with something less than a game manager, but there are teams with QBs who not only manage games, but also win them. Those QBs are obviously different from the ones who can only manage them and rarely win them.
why would I take offense to it, nowadays its a "backhanded compliment". look up the definition yourself.

Is the worst QB in the league a game manager, or is he a game-loser? Is the best QB in the league just a game manager, or is he also a game-winner?

If what you mean by "game manager" is simply that the QB handles the ball on every snap and in that sense "manages" the game, well then yes, obviously all QBs are game managers.
Former Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian laughed, "Every quarterback is a game manager, it's what the job is all about

Nice play Nick. You can tell Jay is use to running for this life from his many years in Chicago.

That will certainly come in handy this season .

Former Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian laughed, "Every quarterback is a game manager, it's what the job is all about

Every quarterback is tasked with managing the game, yes, but not every quarterback can do it successfully.

The ones who can't are not game managers. They're game-losers.

This is why QBs like Tannehill and Alex Smith are better than Blake Bortles and Jared Goff.

It isn't a backhanded compliment in comparison to the description of the QB who can neither manage nor win games (the game-loser). That QB is nowhere near as good as the game manager.
wake up. it is a backhanded compliment. this is from our own OC Clyde Christensen.
A good quarterback has to be an effective game manager first, which is why the Dolphins seem pleased that Ryan Tannehill is finally taking a step back and developing in order.

"No quarterback should be offended," Dolphins offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen said, via ESPN.com, noting that 'Game Manager' is often slag for mediocre quarterback. "It should be a compliment, but it kind of has this derogatory term of making you a non-playmaker. You just manage the game. Absolutely not. ... I think game manager for a quarterback falls in that one that has this negative connotation, but not inside the coaching rooms it doesn't. Not at all."

wake up. it is a backhanded compliment. this is from our own OC Clyde Christensen.
A good quarterback has to be an effective game manager first, which is why the Dolphins seem pleased that Ryan Tannehill is finally taking a step back and developing in order.

"No quarterback should be offended," Dolphins offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen said, via ESPN.com, noting that 'Game Manager' is often slag for mediocre quarterback. "It should be a compliment, but it kind of has this derogatory term of making you a non-playmaker. You just manage the game. Absolutely not. ... I think game manager for a quarterback falls in that one that has this negative connotation, but not inside the coaching rooms it doesn't. Not at all."

Christensen is saying it isn't a backhanded compliment in NFL coaching circles. Are you using that to support your argument?

just because they're bad QB, it doesn't mean that there not game managers. they suck a the QB position. but I did notice you didn't look up the definition yourself.

No, a bad QB is not a game manager. Managing the game means playing well enough not to lose it yourself, so that your team as a whole can possibly win it.

The QBs who lose games themselves don't offer their team as a whole the ability to win them, and consequently they are not managing games successfully. They're losing them.

No, a bad QB is not a game manager. Managing the game means playing well enough not to lose it yourself, so that your team as a whole can possibly win it.

The QBs who lose games themselves don't offer their team as a whole the ability to win them, and consequently they are not managing games successfully. They're losing them.
I posted the definition of a game manager. your definition of it is not the way it's viewed in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom