Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all

We all will see first hand this coming season that Ryan Tannehill and Jay Cutler are both above average QBs with Tannehill slightly better than Cutler. Having said that, if things fall into place, i.e., they are on a good team, both QBs would be able to lead their team on a deep playoff run. Tannehill hasn't had the luxury yet of "things falling into place", Cutler had that in 2010 and his team played in the Conference Championship game that year.

First of all why do you listen to these stupid people writing articles? They know nothing. Second Cutler is better then Tannehill. Tannehill sucks. Stop sticking up for this loser. Cutler is going to shut all his haters up this season. Tannehill is done and his leg wont be the same. Tannehill wont be a Dolphin next year. His contract is too big plus they wont have him on the bench making that kind of money. Tannehill sucks he had his chance. His time in Miami is over!
Obviously you missed the 11 year career part, where 2 teams gave up on Cutler...

As I said in the original post "I'll root like hell for Cutler". Also, in the poll a few weeks ago about who you would like as the starter if Tannehill is lost for the season, I voted for Cutler. He (IMO) was the best choice to step in for Tannehill. Believing that Tannehill is the best option in 2018 and beyond is not mutually exclusive with wanting Cutler to do well.

since when did people think we were getting a qb upgrade in cutler? i think about 95% of the forum would take a healthy tannehill back in a second over cutler....but he's not, so fans are optimistic. seems like a hyper-defensive straw man article to me.

there are things that cutler does better than tannehill - those things have negative effects as well, and will likely lead to more turnovers....a good way to simplistically look at how cutler and tannehill differ was exemplified last night ....tannehill had a tendency to lean on landry short and over the middle....i think we're going to see cutler have a tendency to heave balls to parker and let him grab em....

since when did people think we were getting a qb upgrade in cutler? i think about 95% of the forum would take a healthy tannehill back in a second over cutler....but he's not, so fans are optimistic. seems like a hyper-defensive straw man article to me.

there are things that cutler does better than tannehill - those things have negative effects as well, and will likely lead to more turnovers....a good way to simplistically look at how cutler and tannehill differ was exemplified last night ....tannehill had a tendency to lean on landry short and over the middle....i think we're going to see cutler have a tendency to heave balls to parker and let him grab em....
I have seen more than one talking head claim that Cutler is an upgrade. We have numerous threads speculating if Tannehill is done in Miami.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/7/16106166/jay-cutler-miami-dolphins-playoffs-ryan-tannehill-future
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-contract-adam-gase/ns2srexdzl941gd8hufmwafy2

I'm on the Tannehill swat team and I hope Cutler is better than Tannehill, in fact I hope he is better than Tom Brady.

So using that description, is it fair to classify those who are rooting against Tannehill as being on the "twat team?"

(Just asking for a friend)

I think Tannehill is better but i'll be able to admit it if, big if, Cutler has a better season here than Ryan has had to date. Many will struggle with that and argue Ryan would have done better. Lets see what happens.

Personally I think we are going to get off to a slow start which is a shame due to the conditioning advantage we should have practicing in the Miami heat. I just think all of the injuries and Cutler's late signing will be too much to overcome early on. Not to mention if we sign a new MLB he'll be in questionable football shape and have no time in the system. As time rolls on we should improve. If Jay stays healthy my predicted TD/INT ratio is abound 25/15.

So using that description, is it fair to classify those who are rooting against Tannehill as being on the "twat team?"

(Just asking for a friend)

Those rooting against Cutler are on the "twat team" too. We should all hope he throws like 40+ TD's and less than 10 INT's and not worry about what that does to our arguments on a silly fan message forum. I say it all the time I don't root for players I root for the Dolphins. If QB X came in and was better than Cutler, Moore or Tannehill I'd be thrilled. Something tells me some here would be pissed and still hoping for there guy to play. I don't get that.

Of course we would take a healthy Tannehill over Cutler. Year 2 with Gase, Year 3 with Parker and Stills, year 4 with Landry, the full offseason and mini camps knowing the lingo and bonding. Building momentum from the gains he made last season and continue reaching for that potential on a consistent basis. That is a no brainer.

Fact is, Ryan will miss more than a full season playing QB for the Miami Dolphins. He will be entering his 7th accrued season in 2018 having never won more than 8 games in any of the previous 6. Whether Jay Cutler lights it up or not should not have any influence on Miami needing to address the QB position relatively early in the 2018 draft. This isn't Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or even Drew Brees or Eli Manning coming off an injury. This is a guy who still is waiting to fully arrive in the NFL (not all on him) and we can't just roll into 2018 with the assumption that his job is untouchable.

Hell what if Cutler is terrible? Then we are back to square 1 where there is no forward plan if Ryan has a setback or gets hurt. Clearly Matt Moore is a good backup to have when your QB goes down and u need a guy to takeover for a few games but he is a blessing and a curse because part of being a good backup is having the ability to show you have what it takes to be the day 1 starter this league. Matt Moore isn't that but he prevents us from potentially seeking that out.

For now 17 needs to be an afterthought and its time to jump on the 6 bandwagon. Plenty of time to discuss this between February and April with the results of 2017 in front of us.

Fingers crossed that the QB debate threads will be minimal this season. It was comforting last season not having to deal with much of that.

Of course we would take a healthy Tannehill over Cutler. Year 2 with Gase, Year 3 with Parker and Stills, year 4 with Landry, the full offseason and mini camps knowing the lingo and bonding. Building momentum from the gains he made last season and continue reaching for that potential on a consistent basis. That is a no brainer.

Fact is, Ryan will miss more than a full season playing QB for the Miami Dolphins. He will be entering his 7th accrued season in 2018 having never won more than 8 games in any of the previous 6. Whether Jay Cutler lights it up or not should not have any influence on Miami needing to address the QB position relatively early in the 2018 draft. This isn't Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or even Drew Brees or Eli Manning coming off an injury. This is a guy who still is waiting to fully arrive in the NFL (not all on him) and we can't just roll into 2018 with the assumption that his job is untouchable.

Hell what if Cutler is terrible? Then we are back to square 1 where there is no forward plan if Ryan has a setback or gets hurt. Clearly Matt Moore is a good backup to have but he is a blessing and a curse because part of being a good backup is having the ability to show you have what it takes to be the day 1 starter this league. Matt Moore isn't that but he prevents us from potentially seeking that out.

For now 17 needs to be an afterthought and its time to jump on the 6 bandwagon. Plenty of time to discuss this between February and April with the results of 2017 in front of us.

Fingers crossed that the QB debate threads will be minimal this season. It was comforting last season not having to deal with much of that.

I somewhat agree but I just don't think where going to find a QB better than Tannehill where we'll be drafting and it still makes the most sense to me to roll with him in 2018. With that being said we should all just rally behind Cutler and forget the QB debate for now but this is finheaven. Cutler has a couple of good games they'll be contract extension threads. Couple of picks it will be we need Ryan back. The roller coaster will be ridden for 17 weeks on here. That's just the way it is.

I somewhat agree but I just don't think where going to find a QB better than Tannehill where we'll be drafting and it still makes the most sense to me to roll with him in 2018. With that being said we should all just rally behind Cutler and forget the QB debate for now but this is finheaven. Cutler has a couple of good games they'll be contract extension threads. Couple of picks it will be we need Ryan back. The roller coaster will be ridden for 17 weeks on here. That's just the way it is.

Its not even about searching to replace Ryan, its about having a capable and talented guy to learn the system and give you options in case Ryan doesn't elevate his game, or has injury setbacks, or whatever.

And don't get me wrong, unless Jay Cutler plays some top 10 QB type of stuff, Ryan is your guy fully in 2018. But as great as ACL recoveries have become we cannot be put in the position we were in this season when Ryan went down. We got Lucky with Jay, lets learn from that.

Its not even about searching to replace Ryan, its about having a capable and talented guy to learn the system and give you options in case Ryan doesn't elevate his game, or has injury setbacks, or whatever.

And don't get me wrong, unless Jay Cutler plays some top 10 QB type of stuff, Ryan is your guy fully in 2018. But as great as ACL recoveries have become we cannot be put in the position we were in this season when Ryan went down. We got Lucky with Jay, lets learn from that.

And if we spend too high of a pick we will continue to neglect the other holes on the starting roster. Are you okay with continuing to roll with Pouncey? Our guards? Cam Wake? Our LBs? Ja'wuan James? Any DT not named Suh? IMO, it is the failure to properly address the OL that put the QB position back in question.

When you have the number of holes that the Dolphins have, you do not use a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick on a guy that you hope never sees the field.

I'm on the Tannehill swat team and I hope Cutler is better than Tannehill, in fact I hope he is better than Tom Brady.

Smart man!! We should all pray to god Cutler has a career year. I like RT as well. The one thing I didn't like is he is very conservative which can be good and bad. Our receivers are too talented to only have 19 tds even in only 13 games. I'm really excited to see Cutler and Parker this year. He already said Parker is Alshon just a faster version..High praise there. PHINS UP Brother!!

Back
Top Bottom